Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair

Downers Grove, Illinois · View map · Visit website

About Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair, in Downers Grove, Illinois, provides Makeup & Hair services for brides in the Chicago Illlinois & surrounding suburbs. Lake Geneva Wisconsin & surrounding suburbs. As well as destination weddings. We work with brides & their bridal parties to ensure they look & feel their best on their big day.

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair travels on-site as well as, has a home studio. Brides can meet for a consultation to review their wedding day look & do a trial run with hair & makeup before the big day. Artists & Stylists will create beautiful looks that enhance your natural beauty.

• Airbrush Makeup

C
Featured
Cat

Married on 08/08/2015

Elana's team was recommended to us by a number of brides, and we booked with her before doing a trial or even speaking to her! We weren't disappointed in her selection of services and packages, her ... Read more talented work and her approachable yet professional attitude. I also booked my hairstylist, Jarmine, with Elana, and loved working with her. What's more, I was able to send a stylist for my out-of-town (and non-English speaking!) guests, and everyone looked great. I felt that the service was top-notch and affordable. I felt exceptionally beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Elana and Jarmine! Looking forward to working with them at my sister's upcoming wedding!

Beatrice
Beatrice Beirne

Getting married on 10/09/2020

Just wonderful!

Elena and her daughter were exceptionally profession, kind, considerate and helpful. They were so much more than make up artists - they made me experience wonderful and unforgettable with their ... Read more personal touch and care.

Kristen
Kristen Klein

Married on 06/22/2019

Fabulous hair and makup

Searching for a hair and makeup stylist was one of my more difficult tasks. For me, it came down to accommodating an efficient schedule. I recently stood up in a wedding where four women (bride ... Read more included) had hair/makeup and one child had hair done. She had one stylist, and we started at 9 o’clock for a 5 o’clock wedding. The wedding started late because the bride was still getting ready. I had three women (myself included) for hair/makeup and one child for hair. Due to the small size of my party, many salons would only send me one stylist too. I had to be ready by 1:00 to start getting my dress on. What time would we have to start?! Elana Darrus was very accommodating and had no problem allowing me one makeup artist and one hairstylist. We started at 10 o’clock! It was affordable and we didn’t have any kind of upcharge for two stylists. My deciding factor may have been a practical one (and one you should definitely consider) but it turned out perfect! Our stylists were Rachel and Mary Jo. My mom and I both did a makeup and hair trial (something I would recommend) and it was nice to meet the ladies beforehand. We tried false eyelashes to test if they would bother us. She had a lot of different types to choose from, very natural to very heavy. They took pictures so we were able to make tweaks on the wedding day. I have fine, medium length hair so I spent a lot of time researching "fine" hair updos to adjust my expectations. I don’t know how she did it, but my hair exceeded my expectations! I had lots of oomph and the back looked very full - without any extensions! My eyelashes were perfect, just enough that men wouldn’t have a clue and women would wonder if they were real. The day went like clockwork. We were done a little early so we had time to rest before getting dressed. Our updos and makeup survived the entire summer day til the party was over. Thank you Mary Jo and Rachel! Thank you Elana Darrus!