Eleanor Kathryn Photography

Garrison, IA · View map

About Eleanor Kathryn Photography

HI, FRIEND!

Something that you should know about me is that I am a sentimental fool and the likelihood of me crying on your wedding day is incredibly high. The reason that I specialize in weddings is because they make me extremely happy. Your wedding day isn’t just your best day ever, it’s mine too; and I get to have “the best day ever” roughly 3-4 times a month! Who else can say that?! I consider myself lucky that I get to photograph weddings for a living, I truly can’t imagine a job that I would love more.

I thrive under pressure and I love the challenges that get thrown my way on a wedding day. You’re running late at the salon and our portrait time is cut in half? Challenge accepted. Need someone to pin boutonnieres on the groomsmen? I’m here for you! It’s time for your dress to be bustled and there’s no one there to do it? Say hello to your honorary MOH. 💁🏻‍♀️ Trust me, if I photograph your wedding, you’ll be in good hands!

When it comes down to it, I want to photograph all of the weddings. Is that possible? No, of course not. Could I photograph your wedding? Yes. There are thousands of photographers who shoot weddings, your options are truly endless. But I do hope that if you’re even the slightest bit interested in EKP, you’ll shoot me an email, because there is nothing that I’d love more than to be a part of your wedding day. 😘

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

wedding photography instructor at Hawkeye Community College.
member of the board of directors for the Professional Photographers of Iowa.
member of the advisory board for the Photography Program at Hawkeye Community College.

recognized as one of the top ten photographers in Iowa by the Professional Photographers of Iowa in 2016, 2017 + 2018.
nominated for three grand imaging awards by the Professional Photographers of America in 2019.

⬇️ these are a few of my favorite things ⬇️

reading. apple chai tea. dogs. family. harry potter. rainy days. mark rothko. grey's anatomy. florence, italy.
laughing. youtube. 90's everything. book stores. sleeping in. lipstick. forensic files. emojis. the secret life of walter mitty.

20 Reviews for Eleanor Kathryn Photography

20 Eleanor Kathryn Photography Reviews

Chelsey
Chelsey Montgomery

Married on 07/20/2019

If I Could Give More than Five Stars I Would......

Honest review for those wondering if the extra cost for an elite level photographer is worth it: If I could give more than five stars... I would with no hesitation. When you hire Eleanor Kathryn ... Read more Photography, you're not just hiring any 'ol photographer. Kaely and Billy Pillars are top notch when it comes to professionalism, personality, and sheer TALENT. We've hired them for a fall family shoot, summer engagement shoot, studio denim on denim shoot, boudoir shoot, wedding shoot, and animal shoot of our baby goats. Every single encounter with them has had us laughing and smiling, the entire time, and even on the car rides home. What I love about how they structure their sessions is they know how to keep things from getting dull, they work with you on poses so that you always look your best, they are masters at working with lighting, and they make you feel genuinely comfortable which helps make the photos look like someone captured you just enjoying life versus just a stale posed shot. There isn't a photo they have taken for us that we simply didn't like (and we're picky!). Scheduling with them is so easy and they reply to questions and messages without any hassle. Kaely and Billy get you so relaxed that they capture your natural happiness. All our photos show our genuine love and care for each other and our animal family, it gives me butterflies looking at the photos and thinking that I will have these forever into old age and I will be able to see a feel our happiness and love by just looking at the photo. They are patient and great with all our animals (dogs, cats, goats and chickens) and always somehow know how to get that PERFECT shot!!! Nothing stands close to Eleanor Kathryn Photography in terms of photo quality, customer service, speed in which photos are completed, ease of ordering books/ prints, ease of downloading photos on to your computer, and just overall experience during the shoots. There is no one that I would have trusted with our wedding photos, and as life continues there is no one else I will even bother to call than Kaely and Billy. You get what you pay for, and honestly every dollar we have spent on photography this year with Eleanor Kathryn Photography was money well spent. Take my advice, spend the extra money and you won't be sorry. They are absolutely INCREDIBLE.

K
Katie

Married on 11/17/2018

Pleased client

Her work is outstanding! Read more Her work is outstanding!!!!!!!

B
Brittany Dehner

Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing!!!!

Kaely made our special day so fun and stress free! Our pictures are amazing! I can’t wait to have Kaely photograph all of our special moments throughout life! We will never be able to thank her ... Read more enough!!