Empire Mine State Historic Park

Grass Valley, CA · View map

About Empire Mine State Historic Park

Empire Mine State Park’s historic grounds are rich in breathtaking beauty and rock-solid history. That’s why so many couples choose to begin their married life here, surrounded by fountains, vintage gardens and stately trees on our well-tended grounds. Reserved wedding dates range from May 1 to the first weekend in October on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. We conduct a lottery in August for the following year’s wedding season. You may have a Ceremony & Reception on Friday and Saturdays. Sundays are open for a Ceremony ONLY. Full Service Catering company is required, and a Wedding Planner is highly recommended.

Pricing info:

The rental fee is $3,150 for a Ceremony & Reception and includes 6 hours of event time. 'Full-Service' Caterer is responsible for setup and clean up. The setup fee is $500 for up to 49 people and $1,000 for 50 to 200 people for a ceremony only. A non-refundable security deposit of $500 is required. A $350 ranger monitor fee is required when alcohol is on the venue premises. To reserve a 2019 wedding date visit: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25730 and fill out the Lottery Form.

6 Reviews for Empire Mine State Historic Park

6 Empire Mine State Historic Park Reviews

J
Jessica

Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing venue

My wife and I adore this venue. We were married here 09/22/2018 and everything was stunning. The park wedding coordinator, David, was so helpful and made sure we knew exactly what to expect. The park ... Read more has some stricter guidelines than some venues, rightfully so since it is a state park. The rules/regulations were very clearly laid out, and when we signed the contract, we knew exactly what was being covered. The setting is amazing and we got so many compliments on how gorgeous the grounds were-it was truly magical. Thank you Empire Mines for making our special day everything we dreamed of! Jessica and Emily Walsh

Jentry
Jentry

Married on 08/28/2011

The Empire Mine was simply an amazing place to get married. It is straight up gorgeous. Without any decor, the Empire Mine provides a visual feast with all the lovely gardens and historic buildings.I ... Read more just fell in love with it the first time I saw it. As a wedding photographer, I see many venues all over Northern California and Northern Nevada, and if I could do it over again, I would still choose the Empire Mine to host my wedding ceremony and reception. Barbara was very accommodating and the day went smoothly as I expected. There were no surprises, which was wonderful. I received no complaints from any of my vendors, and it seemed like everyone was happy to provide services there for our wedding. I highly recommend hosting your wedding at the Empire Mine.

L
Lindsay

Married on 05/24/2008

I had my ceremony and reception here, and it was worth it. The grounds are beautiful and so green in the spring. I didn't need many floral arrangements since there were so many gardens on the grounds ... Read more already. The staff are very friendly and quick to respond. The only thing to consider is that it is a state park so they are very particular on the vendors you bring in esp. catering and bartending. If that's not a problem for you I highly suggest considering the Empire Mine for your outdoor wedding. Stunning!