Ethan Allen Hotel

Danbury, CT · View map · Visit website

About Ethan Allen Hotel

Ethan Allen Hotel is an elegant and unique hotel and wedding event venue located in Danbury, Connecticut. This venue, with lots of style and elegance, invites you to celebrate the beginning of your life together! No matter the size of your wedding event, whether it be 30 guests or up to 500, the Ethan Allen Hotel is an ideal setting for both your wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is conveniently located between Hartford, Connecticut and New York City, so it serves as a nice escape from the big city. Near rolling hills, this venue can present itself as a gorgeous backdrop for your wedding event. The space is a place where ambiance, exemplary service, and award-winning cuisine come together to make your special day a dream come true.

Facilities and Capacity

Ethan Allen Hotel offers wedding parties three different event spaces of different sizes. The Regency Ballroom is the largest space available, boasting 3,770 square feet and the ability to host up to 350 guests. The Essex Ballroom is the next largest space, providing wedding parties with 3,584 square feet of event space and the ability to host up to 225 guests. Finally, the Board Rooms available provide a smaller, more intimate 472 square feet of event space. These smaller rooms can accommodate up to 40 people, and they are perfect for smaller, more intimate wedding gatherings.

Ethan Allen Hotel offers wedding event packages to meet your personal style and theme needs for your event. Services offered in their wedding packages include a dedicated team of experienced caterers and event planners, outdoor settings for receptions and dinners, state-of-the-art audio/visual systems, fancy guest accommodations and group rates, and a collection of vendors that will work with you to make your event memorable and special. Other services offered in their packages include:

• Access to a bridal suite
  • Event planning services
  • Event items
  • Tables, chairs, and linens
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Liability insurance
  • Event rentals

Cuisine

Ethan Allen Hotel offers wedding couples and their guests with a number of different cuisine options, catering services, and food styles. Catering services include buffet-style options, cocktail reception services, hors d’oeuvres, plated food options, food stations, and much more.

155 Reviews for Ethan Allen Hotel

155 Ethan Allen Hotel Reviews

Paige
Featured
Paige

Married on 10/13/2018

Beyond Amazing! Eileen was able to bring NJ to CT, just the way I wanted!

My husband and I looked at several venues and really wanted a hotel venue for the convenience of all of our traveling guests. We weren’t impressed by any of the big chain hotel ballroom options as ... Read more they really felt like conference rooms and some other local competitors felt much more rundown. As soon as we walked in, we were impressed and my husband said to me “you’re sold already” to which I said, “I really like it but not yet.” Then we met Eileen and I was sold. She knew exactly what I was looking for with the big NJ style cocktail hour and she and the chef created a taco bar and mashed potato/French fry bar that I heard were amazing (sadly I didn’t get to taste them myself with how busy we got with talking to our guests). Our guests were all raving about the food, the service and the look of the hotel. Eileen was super honest about what she recommended and what was unnecessary with the packages and really helped me make decisions on just about everything including flower arrangements (shout out to Rita’s Floral Touch who was almost amazing and knows the venue extremely well) and table arrangements and all sorts of little stuff. Some days I think she was just my therapist which all brides could definitely use sometimes! She even worked her magic and found a way to have an outside ceremony even though it had rained all morning and the ground was wet. She really went above and beyond. All of the staff were helpful and available and I have to recommend the brunch for the morning after as well. The food was excellent and just kept coming. A couple days after the wedding, my husband said he was disappointed we didn’t get a picture with Eileen before she left which just tells you how much he enjoyed working with her (even though as a typical male he didn’t want much involvement with wedding planning). We are already looking for an excuse to have another event here. I’m thinking baby shower or first birthday for our future children. You won’t regret booking here!

Kristi
Kristi Nachman

Married on 04/13/2019

Excellent experience

We recently got married at the Ethan Allen Hotel. Every single moment involved with planning and the day of the wedding was stress free and easy! The whole day ran smoothly. The convenience of the ... Read more hotel and wedding all in one place made all of our guests happy! Teresa, Sunny, Mia, Angela, Lenny, Kevin, Oksana, Linda and Lee were extremely attentive and helpful the entire night! Our guest were complementing the staff of the hotel the whole time! We couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you Ethan Allen Hotel !!!

User5205324

Recently married

We needed a venue with hotel accommodations for traveling guests. We wound up getting accommodations a whole lot more! The services of every person I came in contact with over 16 months was ... Read more exceptional. I can't say enough kind words about Eileen! She is AMAZING! A professional thru and thru. She listened and made suggestions to help make the day wonderful. An event of this magnitude took a lot of planning! You need to get along with the people in charge. That was so easy to do! There were some areas we needed help with selection and others that I was"set in stone" about. Eileen was kind and considerate to every question and concern. Then out of almost 400 guests we had 2 teeny complaints about checking in to hotel (they were so minor--barely count as "complaint"). Over 300 guests raved about the food, service and comfort! They were pleased with location and surprised with food. At first some questioned, "who selected the menu?" as it was not typical wedding food! Well...those guests and MANY more can't stop thanking us for allowing them to share in our special day! They are thanking us! Imagine that! That alone should stand as feedback for this venue!