Evergreen Plantation

Starr, South Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Evergreen Plantation

Evergreen Plantation is an elegant, historic wedding venue located in Starr, South Carolina. Couples and their guests will enjoy rolling hayfields, beautiful landscaping and a breathtaking 19th century antebellum mansion on this picturesque property. While the traditional Southern farm has been updated to include modern amenities, it still holds onto its history. Evergreen Plantation offers couples multiple indoor and outdoor options for both their ceremony and reception on their 400-acre estate.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 350 guests at this unique venue. They offer multiple options for your ceremony, including their majestic front lawn. There’s also a gorgeous gazebo where you can exchange your vows, with their beautiful water garden surrounding you. A third option is in front of their old-fashioned chimney, with their stately pecan trees serving as your backdrop. For your reception, you can dance the night away in their 10,000-square-foot Lodge. It features grand doors, the remains of a 150-year-old walnut tree, a Scottish chandelier and a towering stone fireplace. It also boasts a sound system and stage, along with a commercial kitchen for your caterer. Your guests can watch you take your first dance as a married couple from their romantic balcony.

This picturesque venue allows you to choose your own outside vendors for a truly one-of-a-kind affair. You and your bridesmaids can get ready in their Bridal Cottage, allowing for a fun and relaxed morning. Evergreen Plantation also allows you to bring along your furry friends to help celebrate your love. Your guests will enjoy ample, free parking to eliminate wedding-day stress.

Other Services
In addition to hosting your ceremony and reception, Evergreen Plantation is also happy to host your rehearsal dinner or engagement parties.

6 Reviews for Evergreen Plantation

6 Evergreen Plantation Reviews

S
Sarah

Married on 06/16/2018

Jessica and Bill responded right away when my fiancé and I were interested in touring their property! Throughout the whole process they were quick to respond to any question and were upfront about all ... Read more costs. It was so nice to bring in our own food vendors and Bill and Jessica have a full kitchen they were able to use to feed over 200 guests. We were able to visit the property before the big day and clean up can be the day after if you ask and they don't have another function. I used the pews at the ceremony for an extra $250 but they are so worth it and give the ceremony a cozy and classy feel. I also got the bridal suite for my bridesmaids and me to get ready in the day of for another $250. It was super helpful to have a space to get ready in. Bill's parents live in the white house on the property and I got to meet his dad who is very friendly and invited me to visit again anytime. Getting married here was a dream and such a joy!

M
Michelle

Married on 11/18/2017

I can not say enough about this venue! Just breathtaking! I would not have wanted to see my daughter’s wedding anywhere else. From the land, bridal cottage to the lodge. This place doesn’t disappoint. ... Read more I can not say enough about the owners Bill and Jessica! They went above and beyond to make this once in a lifetime day the best one of my daughter’s life and that makes me for happy parents. Thank you Evergreen...we are beyond blessed to have found you! This is first class to say the least.

K
Kristin

Married on 11/21/2015

We fell in love with Everygreen the moment we pulled through the front iron gates. The acreage gave us multiple choices on where we wanted our ceremony and reception, but it was an easy decision once ... Read more we toured the Lodge and the oak trees overlooking a large field and pond. The owners were wonderful to work with and extremely accommodating to every request we had. They worked well withoutside vendors as well. We have started doing family pictures on the property as our family grows and they are very welcoming. We cannot refer them enough!