Fiander Foto

Hamilton, BD · View map · Visit website

About Fiander Foto

Ciao Tutti ~ I'm Melanie Fiander - the face behind the lens of Fiander Foto! (Pronounced F-eye-and-ER)

When it comes to photographing weddings and events, I’m not there to merely “take photographs” but to capture precious moments and deliver a collection of carefully selected and edited photos you’ll adore and enjoy for generations to come. With over fifteen years of photographic experience, I offer a professional, fun, and unobtrusive approach to destination wedding and lifestyle photography.

I'm originally from the Washington D.C. Area (Go CAPS!) and now work and reside in Bermuda with my husband, Jim, and our three-legged cat, affectionately named Tricycle. Along with working on the beautiful island of Bermuda, I also LOVE to travel the globe to photograph weddings and events.

Shot in the both photojournalist and traditional styles, I capture the special and unique moments, which will be looked at and enjoyed for generations to come! To help ensure that each client receives a fabulous “Fiander Foto” experience and product, I not only work as a lead photographer but I also handle the bookings, personally edit my own photos, design my clients' wedding albums and photo books, and offer consultations.

Along with photographing weddings and events, I also capture events, proposals, engagements, maternity/babymoon, live birth, newborn, family, and vacation portrait sessions too! Beyond the camera, I offer photo tours, mentorships, and am available for workshops.

I hold two Bachelor of Arts Degrees from Lynchburg University in Virginia; one in Studio Art with an emphasis in Photography and one in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. My photo journalistic approach was learned at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, Maine at the age of 22. After which, I earned my MFA in photography and video from Maine College of Art. Since then, I have enjoyed every moment spent behind the camera and with my clients!

My work has been featured in Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Abroad, New York Weddings, PDN, The Vendor Report, Ländle Wedding's "Seasons of Yes", Whimsically Wed, Bermuda Weddings and Honeymoons, Bermudian Weddings, How He Asked by The Knot, The Gray Collective, Wedding Wire, United With Love, National Geographic, It Started With Yes, Glittery Bride, 100 Layer Cake, Lets Bee Together, The Newport Bride, and Wedding Chicks.

When I'm not photographing my "Fiander Foto Clients", you can find me under a large straw hat - milling about the garden - with my husband and our cat.

44 Reviews for Fiander Foto

44 Fiander Foto Reviews

Lauren
Featured
Lauren Costanzo

Married on 09/07/2018

Best Vendor I Worked With During My Entire Wedding

Trying to plan a destination wedding from outside of the country can be quite a daunting task, one that had its fair share of sweat and tears. Melanie was a breath of fresh air during this entire ... Read more process! Not only was she the most responsive vendor I had throughout my Bermuda-based wedding, she was extremely organized, helpful and professional. My husband and I felt completely comfortable with her during the whole process and she even took a couple of extra photos for us when we accidentally got locked out of the beach exit haha. Despite the clouds and early rain that we experienced on wedding day, Melanie was able to work her magic and take some absolutely beautiful shots at Cooper's Island and the surrounding area...she even managed to capture our little miniature pinscher "son," Moose, in action. If you're looking for a photographer that will give you 110%, then look no further than Melanie (Fiander Foto). She's awesome!

Sarah
Sarah OBrien

Getting married on 05/16/2020

Wonderful experience with Melanie!

Melanie is a wonderful photographer to work with! Not only is she extremely talented at what she does but she is so kind and goes above and beyond for her clients. She captured such a special and ... Read more meaningful moment in our lives and we cannot thank her enough for that! Our Bermuda proposal was something we will cherish forever! xo Sarah and Danny

Stephanie
Stephanie

Getting married on 05/16/2020

Amazing destination photographer

Melanie has been amazing from start to finish for our family vacation session. We traveled to Bermuda for my parents 40th wedding anniversary and I contacted Melanie for a family session. Planning the ... Read more session and helping with directions and transportation on the island, Melanie guided us through all the details, and her knowledge and suggestions on location options were fantastic. As soon as we met Melanie I was so excited for our session. We had so much fun, she kept us all laughing and comfortable in front of the camera. I was so happy when I received the gallery, and how quickly we she got them back to us! The photos are amazing and I am grateful that Melanie captured these memories for my family. If you travel to Bermuda for vacation, please make time to schedule a session with Melanie! we can't thank her enough!