Filly&Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort

Carthage, NC · View map

About Filly&Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort

Filly & Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort is a wedding venue located in Carthage, North Carolina. This beautiful, waterfront country club property features abundant natural light and expansive views of the lush golf course. With both indoor and outdoor spaces, Filly & Colt’s has everything you need for small, intimate gatherings and large, lavish affairs alike. In addition to your wedding ceremony and reception, they’re also the ideal location for your engagement party, bridal shower and rehearsal dinner.

Facilities and Capacity

Filly & Colt’s most popular event space is the Buckingham Room, which seats up to 200 guests with space for a buffet and a dance floor. The Buckingham Room overlooks the lake at the 10th Hole. For smaller gatherings, the Farm Table can accommodate up to 14 guests. You can also enjoy on-site accommodations at the Hogan House, which sleeps up to 12 guests and includes an outdoor fire pit. Self parking and valet parking are available, and Filly & Colt’s is wheelchair accessible.

All barware, glassware, flatware and linens are provided by Filly & Colt’s. All-inclusive wedding packages and event rentals are offered on-site. Event planning services are available, and Filly & Colt’s handles all setup and cleanup services. Their experienced, attentive staff is here to handle the details and help make your dreams come true. Available event rentals may include the following:

• Aisle runners
  • Tables
  • Tent accessories
  • Tents

Cuisine

All catering and bar services are provided in-house. Filly & Colt’s can supply everything you need for a bar, including bartenders, champagne for toasts, beer, wine, liquor and specialty drinks. Both limited and open bars are available. When it comes to food, the experienced culinary team at Filly & Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort offers the following meal service styles:

• Buffets
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Location

Filly & Colt’s is nestled on the grounds of Little River Golf and Resort in Carthage, North Carolina, just two hours east of Charlotte. The nearest airport, Charlotte Douglas International Airport, is also just two hours away.

5 Reviews for Filly&Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort

5 Filly&Colt's at Little River Golf and Resort Reviews

S
Sarah

Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing Wedding Experience

From meeting with the owner Karen more than a year before our wedding date, to meetings, phone calls, and emails exchanged with the wedding coordinator Katie, Filly and Colts was an absolute DREAM to ... Read more work with. The venue is stunning - from the fountain backdrop for our ceremony to the large, elegant staircases inside, to the reception space with the perfect view of the sunset overlooking the golf course. The food is also INCREDIBLE, and Karen is an exceptional chef. All the team members were accommodating, patient, and gracious during the planning process. On the day of, I didn't have to worry about a thing! I knew Katie, their event coordinator, or my wedding planner could handle it so I could have a restful and relaxing day. I am so happy with my wedding, and it wouldn't have happened without the Filly and Colts team. I would recommend them to any bride-to-be!

Zoe
Zoe Roemer

Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect in every way

Having my wedding at Little River was a DREAM COME TRUE! For our wedding, I knew that I wanted everything to look beautiful and we wanted to throw a party that our guests would never forget. Karen and ... Read more Katie went so far above and beyond to make it all come together and they truly exceeded all of our expectations. Katie did a marvellous job decorating the venue and making sure every little detail of our day was perfect. She was able to incorporate everything I wanted from the linens, centerpieces, pinecones, bouquets, boutonnieres, signs, and the sweetheart table, it was breathtaking and even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Thank you Katie! Karen and her restaurant staff did an absolutely amazing job preparing the feast for our reception. The presentation of the food was incredible and having two buffet lines made sure everyone was able to eat in a timely manner. My guests raved for weeks about how delicious the buffet was and how they had no idea brussel sprouts tasted so good! :) Thank you Karen! Another perk of Little River was the onsite condos, it was SO convenient for all of our out of town guests to be able to stay at the venue! Not having to worry about transportation, late arrivals to the ceremony, or guests getting home safe was absolutely worth it. If you're looking for an all-inclusive venue that provides exceptional service and a truly magical wedding experience, I highly recommend Little River!

P
Patrilla

Married on 09/15/2018

Everyone at Filly & Colt's was GREAT! My daughter was married during Hurricane Florence and Karen Littlefield and staff were willing to take a chance and accommodate the wedding with or without power. ... Read more Luckily we had power and the ceremony took place. We had approximately 80 friends and family to come during the wind and rain, and thanks to Filly & Colt's it all came off without a hitch (except for the univited guest - FLORENCE). Thank you Filly & Colt's for a lovely venue and a beautiful wedding experience.