Finery

Huntsville, AL · View map

About Finery

Located in historic downtown Huntsville, Alabama Finery's aesthetic displays an unabashed marriage of Parisian parlor meets Rock & Roll attitude. Finery is classic and modern; traditional and progressive; new and old ; respectful and rebellious. There's no bridal playlist on repeat, it's usually 60's Soul or R & B, Rose'or local brew, an easy going staff and on occasion you may be greeted by a Jack Russell Terrier or English Cream Retriever at the door.

Amid a carefully curated collection of wedding gowns, beaded headpieces, silk turbans, an assortment of gifts and delicate lingerie you'll find the creator of it all, Madeline Sandlin. Over the past ten years Sandlin has kept a pulse on the wedding and design industry noting all things fabulous and paying special attention to event planning and design.

Sandlin, who could pen a book chronicling her life experiences and résumé, bashfully chalks it all up to an "a-ha moment". After finishing her degree in London and a brief stint in culinary school, Sandlin found her way to "Music City". In Nashville, she founded a concierge and styling business catering to music executives, celebrity chefs and award winning singer/songwriters, most notably assisting the Cash family.

One event led to another and in 2012, Finery opened its doors attracting brides from all walks of life, style ethos and price points.

Our process has become our mission; to push the boundaries in the world of bridal and event styling and to surpass the expectations you have for one of the most special days of your life.

49 Reviews for Finery

49 Finery Reviews

C
Caitlin

Married on 05/30/2017

I found a dress online during the Summer Solstice Sale and drove from Florence to try it on! Madeline and her manager were accommodating in keeping the store open later so I could come after work. She ... Read more was very patient with me and helped pull a few more options for me to try. I ended up getting the one I originally came for and I LOVE IT!! It's hard to find a shop that curates as well as Finery.

K
Katie

Married on 11/05/2016

I found Finery and was surprised to see it was a couple blocks away from where I work. I made an appointment and immediately knew this was where I'd find my dress. I learned quickly that Madeline and ... Read more Chelsea are experts creatively and professionally. Their advice and inspiration proved to be invaluable throughout the entire process. I didn't find my dress at my first appointment, but they worked to make sure I ended up in the dress I needed to be in. I fell in love with the & FOR LOVE Celestine dress online-- this was the only dress I had found anywhere that I loved-- and was super excited to try it on. I made another appointment during their trunk show, walked over to the shop on my lunch break, tried on the dress, fell in love, and bought it then and there. Super easy. Madeline and Chelsea really made me and my family/friends feel welcomed and valued every time we showed up to the shop. Any time I emailed them a question about anything I got a super helpful response within an hour or two. Yuko, the seamstress, was also just incredible. She was super easy to work with, super friendly, made exactly the changes I asked for (and beautifully), and would have the alterations done in a few days. I couldn't be happier with the dress, the service, and the experience!

User5408851

2+ years ago

These girls are awesome. I have heard wonderful things about this shop from others but it exceeded my expectations. Read more These girls are awesome. I have heard wonderful things about this shop from others but it exceeded my expectations.