First Blush

New Haven, Connecticut · View map · Visit website

About First Blush

First Blush, LLC is a floral design and event planning company based in New Haven, Connecticut that is dedicated to ensuring that couples stay relaxed and inspired. They use a whimsical approach to create a floral aesthetic that suits the couple’s style and interprets their love for each other.

Experience

Owner Emma Kate Machugh has been arranging flowers and planning events for over ten years. She was introduced to the sacred Japanese art of flower arranging during her time teaching English in Japan. She started creating stunning designs in Miami that graced the homes of South Beach and Boca Raton elite before returning to Connecticut. Emma is also a trained practitioner of the Ryusei-Ha School of ikebana and a graduate of the Wedding Planning Institute.

First Blush, LLC believes that all flowers have an inherent beauty that captures the wonder of the natural world, using their own creativity and attention to detail to produce showstopping flowers. They also provide comprehensive and organized planning services that range from full and partial planning to custom design and month-of coordination. Services include:

• Color coordination
  • Custom flower arrangements
  • Traditional centerpieces
  • Unique non-floral arrangements
  • Traditional and non-traditional bouquets
  • Timelines
  • Choosing and booking venue and vendors
  • Budget analysis
  • Bespoke bouquet design
  • Bud vases

4 Reviews for First Blush

4 First Blush Reviews

R
Ruby

Married on 08/04/2018

First Blush made our rained out rehearsal dinner into a smash success!

Emma made our rehearsal dinner flowers possible! We were overwhelmed by a bulk floral order we made from a local farmer, and she helped transform them into something beautiful. Especially when ... Read more torrential thunderstorms forced us to squish our outdoor event for 100 into our home at the last minute! Her arrangements made our event feel inviting and intentional rather than crazed and haphazard. Emma's florals turned our dusty garage into a fun, casual party venue - thank you for all your help!

M
Melissa

Married on 07/03/2018

Beautiful arrangements!

I had no clue what I was looking for for flowers. Emma helped me every step of the way. My bridesmaids wore blue green dresses so Emma suggested white flowers with different types of greenery.I ... Read more couldn't believe how much texture she could build with all white flowers. I couldn't be happier, and I received many compliments!

S
Sarah

Married on 06/02/2018

Emma is wonderful to work with - she has a great eye for what combination of flowers and colors will go together and it made for a lovely addition to our wedding decorations! It was great to work with ... Read more Emma, she considered our bridal party colors the look and feel of the venue and my wedding dress to make recommendations for what types of flowers to use. It was a great experience and I highly recommend!