Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

San Antonio, TX · View map · Visit website

About Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists are certified and licensed fabric experts who have been expressly trained to clean every fabric imaginable with the utmost care. Our specialists take every precaution to protect the delicate pearls, crystals, sequins, lace, ribbons, flowers, appliqués, and embroidery that make your gown uniquely yours. The time and money invested in your gown is considerable, and that is why thousands have trusted Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for the cleaning, pressing, alterations, custom redesigns, restoration, and preservation of their gowns.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists offer free consultations for evaluating the condition of your new bridal gown, your couture gown, your family gown, or your vintage wedding dress. Ask about free pressing for your wedding day and free pick-up and delivery. We can also pack your destination wedding gown so that you can safely travel with your wedding dress.

We also carry delicately handcrafted custom bridal accessories with a vintage, romantic feel. All pieces are handcrafted with Swarovski crystals, rhinestones, natural pearls, and vintage-inspired filigree, along with sturdy non-tarnishing findings. The collection includes vintage-inspired necklaces, bridal bracelets, bridal earrings, hair brooches, hair jewels, bridal tiaras, and statement bridal headbands by Everything Angelic.

Your dream gown deserves Five Star care…before, during, and after your wedding.

113 Reviews for Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

113 Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care Reviews

D
Featured
Danielle

Married on 01/12/2019

BEST Bridal Alterations!!

The BEST for Bridal alterations! I live in Austin & found them online after researching alterations in both Austin and San Antonio. I had gone to several other top reviewed alteration places before ... Read more coming here. I knew after the 1st consultation with Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists that they could get my dresses to look EXACTLY like I wanted and that the drive would be worth it. I had 2 bridal dresses done with them and they both were completed perfectly! I wanted to use my mother’s dress for walking down the aisle of the church and my 1st dance and I had found a 2nd dress for a good bargain that I wanted to use for the reception party time. My mom’s dress was complex because it didn’t fit me (my mom was a size 4-6 and I’m a size 10), it was a bit discolored since it was about 35 years old, and I wanted a different neckline (the original neckline when all the way up like a turtleneck). First, they restored my mom’s dress back to its original bright off-white color by using all organic ingredients. Then, they took the material from the original sleeves to make the back of the dress bigger so that it would zip. Finally, for the fun part! We reconstructed the neckline and sleeves with new tulle and her original applique peices to create the most beautiful and perfect wedding dress ever! They added a bustle and even added more tulle to my petticoat to make my dress even more full - just like a princess. I LOVE it! They were even able to customize my veil by sewing my cathedral veil with my mom’s blusher. This came out perfect. For the 2nd dress, they altered the cap sleeves to tank sleeves (about 2” wide) so that I would be able to fully move my arms around comfortably on the dance floor. They sewed a beautiful hemline that was perfect for dancing and I feel like a movie star when I have this dress on! It’s amazing! The women that work here truly work magic!! The drive from Austin was completely worth it and they can schedule fittings far in advanced so you can plan your trips. They also try their best to minimize the number of fittings so that when you come in it’s focused and the time is productive. I am so blessed to have found them and will recommend them to all of my friends.

M
Mo

Married on 09/01/2018

Five Star Speacilsts we're highly recommended by my bridal shop for alterations. My gown is lace so I was so scared to hem it. These ladies explained the entire process and let me tell you they do not ... Read more not cut corners! Nearly 5 " Off! And you would never even know. Thank you so much for everything.

S
Stephanie

Married on 05/26/2018

Great service, my dress was cleaned and pressed and ready ahead of time. There was a small hole in the netting on the back of my dress that we found we I took it in and was fixed so we'll you couldn't ... Read more tell anything ever happened to the dress.