Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

San Antonio, TX · View map · Visit website

About Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists is a professional wedding dress cleaning, restoration, and alteration company based out of San Antonio, Texas. This exceptional company offers couples a wide range of helpful services to assist them in achieving the perfect look for their big day. This team of certified and licensed fabric experts offer their clients consultations in order to best alter their wedding dresses.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists offers a variety of services to couples, bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers of the couple-of-honor. This company offers wedding dress alterations, cleaning, customization, and preservation to help you achieve the perfect look. Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists also offers you access to hair accessories, and gorgeous jewelry in order to complete your elegant wedding day ensemble.

115 Reviews for Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

115 Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care Reviews

D
Featured
Danielle

Married on 01/12/2019

BEST Bridal Alterations!!

The BEST for Bridal alterations! I live in Austin & found them online after researching alterations in both Austin and San Antonio. I had gone to several other top reviewed alteration places before ... Read more coming here. I knew after the 1st consultation with Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists that they could get my dresses to look EXACTLY like I wanted and that the drive would be worth it. I had 2 bridal dresses done with them and they both were completed perfectly! I wanted to use my mother’s dress for walking down the aisle of the church and my 1st dance and I had found a 2nd dress for a good bargain that I wanted to use for the reception party time. My mom’s dress was complex because it didn’t fit me (my mom was a size 4-6 and I’m a size 10), it was a bit discolored since it was about 35 years old, and I wanted a different neckline (the original neckline when all the way up like a turtleneck). First, they restored my mom’s dress back to its original bright off-white color by using all organic ingredients. Then, they took the material from the original sleeves to make the back of the dress bigger so that it would zip. Finally, for the fun part! We reconstructed the neckline and sleeves with new tulle and her original applique peices to create the most beautiful and perfect wedding dress ever! They added a bustle and even added more tulle to my petticoat to make my dress even more full - just like a princess. I LOVE it! They were even able to customize my veil by sewing my cathedral veil with my mom’s blusher. This came out perfect. For the 2nd dress, they altered the cap sleeves to tank sleeves (about 2” wide) so that I would be able to fully move my arms around comfortably on the dance floor. They sewed a beautiful hemline that was perfect for dancing and I feel like a movie star when I have this dress on! It’s amazing! The women that work here truly work magic!! The drive from Austin was completely worth it and they can schedule fittings far in advanced so you can plan your trips. They also try their best to minimize the number of fittings so that when you come in it’s focused and the time is productive. I am so blessed to have found them and will recommend them to all of my friends.

Catherine
Catherine Pena

Married on 07/20/2019

Very Personal and Responsive

I called this vendor with only 4 weeks to go until my wedding date. Marissa and Veronica immediately set my appointment and made sure my gown was ready 3 days before my wedding. I felt as if I was ... Read more their only customer; they treated me with such personal guidance and never seemed rushed. The seamstress is absolutely amazing!!! I will be sending her a special gift. Thank you!

D
Darla Darden

Married on 07/13/2019

Awesome service

I'm a bride from Houston that had my wedding in Comfort and I needed my dress pressed. So I googled this place and they did an AMAZING job! My dress looked PERFECT! I will also be bringing my dress ... Read more here to have it cleaned and preserved.