Flax Studios

South Thomaston, ME · View map · Visit website

About Flax Studios

Hello! I'm James, the owner and lead photographer here at Flax Studios. My goal is simple, for you to be comfortable and have fun on your wedding day, while I capture the moments for you to relive forever. We're going to have fun, so that when you look back at the photos, it feels natural(not posed). Since 2012, I have captured over 130 weddings, while winning awards from the state level, to the international level! Not only do you receive a seasoned professional experience, but my personality is fun, relaxed, and easy going. Posing will be kept at a minimum, and we'll get through the photos as quickly as possible, so that you can move on to spending time with your guests and family! Please visit the website and lets set up a time to get to know each other more and see if we make a good fit! Look forward to connecting with YOU.

26 Reviews for Flax Studios

26 Flax Studios Reviews

M
Featured
Matthew

Married on 06/24/2017

I can't say enough good things about James and Flax Studios! Seriously, from the initial meetings, to the engagement shoot, to making sure all our ducks were in a row and everything was ... Read more scheduled/planned out for the wedding day, to the final product of the actual finished photos, EVERYTHING was amazing. We were planning our wedding in Boothbay Harbor remotely from Philly/CA. We decided to do the Engagement shoot with James so we could get a feel for him and his work. We were trying to schedule it so we could do it the same trip as the tasting, so we didn't have to make a 2nd trip to Maine. It was all last minute and frantic on our end, and he was very accommodating and nice about it. The pics were so good! He's really great at capturing some epic sky/outdoors/backdrops. He's really easy to work with, always nice and easy going, but also professional and making sure the job is getting done at the same time. He really helped guide us through the process and made sure we were all set for the actual day of (what pics we wanted, groupings, timeline, etc.) He was great at corralling our big families, and making sure we got through all of the groupings we wanted efficiently, so we could actually enjoy our wedding too :) He really blended in to the party and got great candid shots throughout the reception. Overall, can't say enough good things, would definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone, and we were really pleased with the finished product. He captured so many great moments as well as got amazing formals. Choose him, you won't regret it!

K
Kathleen

Married on 10/02/2018

Captured our Love Story

We are absolutely thrilled with our wedding pictures from James! There are so many wonderful pictures to choose from (and I honestly can’t believe how good he made me look!). The pictures are artful, ... Read more artful, creative, playful, and I believe he truly captured our love story. I could tell there was something distinctive about James’ work when I was doing my research – his work is special. I am so very glad he was available for our wedding. He was such fun to work with, and he gave us the most beautiful photos to remember such a remarkable day. Thank you, James!

A
Audrey

Married on 08/04/2018

Flax studios is the only photography company you need to consider for your wedding day. My wife and I had the pleasure of working with James for our August nuptials, and we were set at ease with his ... Read more approach and overall care that he took to make our day special. He was able to communicate with us effectively his style of photography, and how the order of events was going to play out, and he made it seamless. There are so many photos of candid moments from our family and friends and we still continue to look at to this day, and we are continually elated with the results. He was able to make use of our venue to create moments that we may not have otherwise thought of, and those areas we did have in mind, he blew our expectations out of the water, and was able to capture those scenes better than we could imagine. He has a laid back but professional approach, confident in his ability to take pictures. James makes his subjects look and feel a level of comfort, we don’t think that any other photographer could replicate to his standards. His level of detail, artistic reach, and ability to see what others are not, is beyond anything we could have dreamed of. James Fleischbert and his studio are the only photography company that you should consider for your wedding or special occasion. You will not be disappointed.