Ford's Colony Country Club

Williamsburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About Ford's Colony Country Club

Ford’s Colony Country Club is a wedding ceremony and reception venue located in Williamsburg, Virginia. Couples hosting their wedding at this facility can expect stunning views and a sophisticated ambience with colonial flair.

Facilities and Capacity
Ford’s Colony Country Club offers wide open spaces, including indoor and outdoor facilities, for a chic and sophisticated wedding celebration. Couples can host their ceremony outdoors with views of the fairways, manicured hedges, and abundant Virginia trees. Adjacent to the Marsh Hawk Golf Course, the lakeside outdoor ceremony site is pristine.

Indoor celebrations and receptions can take place in the formal dining room, colonial banquet room, or Garden Pavilion. The Garden Pavilion is the largest of these options with a maximum capacity of 225 guests. It features floor-to-ceiling windows that afford unmatched views of the course. Brass chandeliers and elegant white drapery contribute to this room’s chic aesthetic. Its neutral theme allows it to accommodate to any color scheme or décor.

The Colonia Banquet Room has a maximum capacity of 80 guests. Ideal for more intimate celebrations, this room features a marble fireplace and elegant gold sconces.

The formal dining room, with a maximum capacity of 80 guests, is ideal for a rehearsal dinner. It comes complete with colonial décor, a marble fireplace, and handsome fabrics that give it a level of sophistication.

There are plenty of excellent photo opportunities at this facility, whether that be by the lake, at the entrance to the garden pavilion, or inside beneath the elegant, gauzy drapery. The clubhouse itself is constructed in Georgian style with colonial décor, which lends itself to dramatic and elegant photography.

Ford’s Colony Country Club hosts engagement parties, anniversary parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies and receptions, and more. The facility accommodates guests no matter the weather.

The private event staff and event directors work with every couple to plan their big day. This professional staff is dedicated to excellence. The venue offers full catering services, complete with a customized wedding day menu. A standard wedding package with this facility includes tables, chairs, china, glassware, and silverware.

78 Reviews for Ford's Colony Country Club

78 Ford's Colony Country Club Reviews

K
Featured
Kiyona

Married on 09/19/2017

What a picturesque location! My husband and I toured many venues in search for the perfect setting, but this by far took our breath away. We experienced a few slight changes with the gain of a new ... Read more event coordinator, but the transition was so smooth it did not alter our decision. Shay Rybin is PHENOMENAL!! Her professionalism and genuine attitude towards her clients, is reflected in her quality of work. Her hands on approach and flexibility became very interpersonal when we faced unforeseen circumstances. It's such an honor to call her our anniversary buddy!! Thank you Shay for everything you've done! Kiyona & George

Ariel
Ariel

Married on 11/10/2018

Best. Decision. Ever.

Choosing Ford's Colony Country Club as the venue for our wedding and reception was hands down the best decision I could have made. From beginning to end, I don't have a single complaint. The staff is ... Read more incredible. I worked with Courtney and she was AMAZING. She made sure everything was taken care of and kept the whole day on track and took away all the stress. The staff working the reception were all so kind and attentive. The food was incredible. We decided to stray from the traditional menu and do stations-- taco bar, slider station, mac and cheese bar and salad bar. It was a HIT with the guests and I was appreciative that the venue was able to make it work for us. Not to mention, this place is GORGEOUS. Without having to add a whole lot. The chivari chairs, linens (depending on color), tables, all included in price. Even gold (or silver) chargers! The reception area has beautiful chandeliers, lighting, and draping on the ceiling. The room we got married in has so much natural light. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is this place is awesome. Great value, reasonably priced, great staff, great food, and beautiful. If I had to to it all over again, I would absolutely still choose Ford's Colony.

M
Mary Catherine McGinn

Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful indoor wedding options!

When I was looking for a wedding venue, I wanted to make sure there was a good indoor option for both the ceremony and reception. Ideally, I wanted this to be two different spaces, but I wasn't sure I ... Read more would be able to find it. When I walked into Ford's Colony Country Club, I knew I had found the place! Our ceremony room was beautiful with walls of windows and natural light. Cocktail hour was on the patio outside, and our reception was in the lovely Garden Pavilion. It was absolutely perfect! Ford's Colony provided the chairs and linens, and they also provided all of the food. Our meals were delicious, and I have gotten numerous comments from my guests about how good everything was. We got positive feedback on our appetizers and our signature cocktail as well. Ford's Colony was great to work with, and the venue was perfect! The spaces are lovely, so we did minimal decorations. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an indoor or outdoor wedding venue. They have some lovely outdoor ceremony spots too, but I didn't want to risk anything with the weather. Again, we are so happy that we chose Ford's Colony Country Club as our wedding venue!