Forest Hill

Richmond, VA · View map

About Forest Hill

Forest Hill is comprised of members from RVA favorites The Shack Band, a regionally touring rock band that started in a shack while the band members were still in college. The sextet delivers a high energy, interactive performance at every show. With a unique instrumentation including acoustic and electric guitars, saxophone, mandolin, flute, 5 singers and a killer rhythm section, the band’s sound lends itself to modern folk rock w/ a vintage funk twist. The band’s diverse song repertoire consists of classics from the 1960s mo-town era to current danceable rock songs from today and everything in between.

Planning a smaller, more low key function? Enter Forest Hill Trio. The trio is comprised of acoustic guitar, sax, and mandolin with all three members singing lead and background vocals. It’s the perfect band for a rustic cocktail hour, intimate rehearsal dinner or casual backyard party.

For more info: https://www.foresthill.band/

24 Reviews for Forest Hill

24 Forest Hill Reviews

Kerry
Kerry Sarver

Getting married on 06/05/2020

Best Band Ever!

5 stars all around! I heard of this group at my cousins wedding and after hearing them we had to use them for ours. We received so many compliments on the ceremony music and looking back, wish we had ... Read more had recorded it to listen back to. The group even played our Father/Daughter song live which kicked off the reception with a bang. It was such a special day to our families and the music was a huge part of it. We can't thank them enough for making our wedding such an incredible day.

Drew
Drew Howard

Married on 06/29/2019

Best wedding band we've seen - book them

Forrest Hill was everything we were hoping for in a wedding band. They are both professional and extremely musically talented. They had relatively few reviews when we booked, but all the reviews were ... Read more so positive that we decided to pick them and we're very glad we did. They certainly outperformed other wedding bands we've seen in the area. On top of that, Mason was extremely easy to work with and was really flexible to all of our needs. He worked with our day-of coordinator to deal with all the details; we just had to fill out a questionnaire and tell him what kind of music we liked and he took care of the rest. Crowd was on the dance floor all night, and most guests told me how awesome the band was. I can't recommend these guys enough.

D
Danny M

Married on 06/08/2019

Forest Hill- Highlight of the Wedding

I can’t begin to say enough good things about Forest Hill. From initial contact, Mason was responsive, professional, and incredibly helpful. He was willing to work with us to craft the soundtrack to ... Read more not only our reception, but our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. I’m so glad that we utilized every iteration of Forest Hill during our wedding. We had Forest Hill’s Acoustic Duo before the ceremony. It provided an elegant ambiance that kicked off the evening. During dinner, a saxophone joined the duo to continue the great music. Mason was a professional Emcee throughout, keeping us on schedule and creating a natural flow to the events. When the full band started, all of our guests were amazed at the talent and musicianship of the band. They executed flawlessly on great tunes, including 3 of our own choosing - which were spot on renditions. They read the room and adjusted timing and tempo in their song selection to keep the party running at 110%. Even the shyest guests would not leave the dance floor. The day after our wedding, more guests contacted me to rave about the band than anything else. “That was an awesome wedding band” “Thank you all for deciding to get married at that awesome rock concert” “Those guys rocked” It was the lasting memory for myself, my friends, and my family. I cannot recommend Forest Hill enough. However, be prepared to share a little of the limelight on your wedding day, because when they take the stage, your guests’ attention will not wander and they’ll end up dancing until the night ends.