Franciscan Gardens

San Juan Capistrano, CA · View map · Visit website

About Franciscan Gardens

Couples choosing to wed at the Franciscan Gardens will find a ranch wedding venue in the Orange County, California area. A vintage atmosphere envelopes this historic loft space, giving an elegant air to couples' weddings. Outdoor events that take place surrounded by lush walls of greenery and exposed brick await couples and their guests at this venue, located just 12 minutes from the Dana Point Harbor.

Facilities and Capacity
Guest lists can include a maximum of 200 friends and family members for a couple's wedding at the Franciscan Gardens. Large wooden gates swing open to a charming courtyard, where string lights are hung overhead and the concrete underfoot is sturdy. Walls of this courtyard crawl with thick greenery, giving the space plenty of natural garden influence. Overhead, strings of lights can be supplemented with lanterns and a wooden pergola commands attention to the couple should they choose to exchange vows below it. This outdoor space can be used for ceremonies, receptions or a combination of the two events. Indoor getting-ready spaces ensure that couples have a private space in which to prepare for the wedding.

In addition to ceremonies and receptions, couples can also host their bridal showers and engagement parties in this garden space. Amenities such as onsite parking and a bridal suite keep couples and guests comfortable leading up to the day's events. Other wedding services and items offered by this venue include:

• Aisle runners

70 Franciscan Gardens Reviews

Featured
User3544367

2+ years ago

Franciscan Gardens is the perfect place to get married! From the first meeting to the big day, Aimee and Ashley are there to make sure everything goes perfectly. They truly care about you and your ... Read more wedding and it shows in their attention to detail. They respond to emails so quickly, they never make you feel silly when you're asking a ton of questions, and they are just genuinely nice people. The venue itself is amazing! It is so pretty and needs very little decoration (great if you are on a budget). It looks gorgeous on its own, or you can add a few of your own touches if you like. We loved having all of our guests in one area, it made it so easy to walk around and see everyone and everyone felt included in everything. Having the ceremony and reception in the courtyard was so convenient and the staff flipped the space around so quickly you didn't even really see it happen! We have had so many compliments on the beautiful venue, the friendliness of the staff, and on how good the food was! The food really is delicious. It's just like it was at the tasting, and it's hard to believe they can pump out that many meals and make them all taste so fresh. It was really wonderful. At night all of the lanterns added this wonderful glow to the reception. Another huge plus is that they do not schedule any other events on the same day as your wedding, so you have all day to use the getting ready rooms and all day to set up. The venue is also a great location for photographs and just across the street from the Mission San Juan Capistrano. We went to the mission for photographs and it provides a wonderful backdrop. We really could not imagine a better place to get married.

A
Anna

Married on 08/24/2018

Delicious Catering and Great Staff

The moment we walked into Franciscan Gardens, I knew this was the place we would be getting married! My now husband was very kind in letting me take the reins in most of the planning, and I wanted to ... Read more have a garden feeling outdoor wedding. The tall greenery of this venue is breathtaking and once the lantern lights go up, the centerpieces glowing, it was honestly the most perfect setting. Melissa and Haley were both very helpful and instrumental on helping us get everything finalized and making revision after revision to the contract. The final meeting to pick all of the little details went really smoothly, they were there for the taste testing, and made sure to answer all of our questions and concerns along the way. As far as the catering… We still have people telling us this was the best steak they had ever had at a wedding! During the tasting we were suspicious how they could make all of the food taste as delicious as it did for just the two of us for over 100 people but I must say that it was (all bias aside) probably the most delicious menu ever! The catering and bartending staff was perfect and even dedicated one waiter to the bride and groom for the whole evening to keep us boozed up and partying all night without having to stand in line for a drink or a bite. Thank you everyone!!

R
raquel

Married on 06/28/2018

First I wanted to get married on a beach until I came to this venue. It was perfect, and magical. The space was perfect and there is not much more you have to do to make it a beautiful wedding.I ... Read more wanted to keep it simple and it still turned out incredibly beautiful. The backdrop for pictures when you’re standing at the alter is breath taking! The hanging lanterns are a perfect touch! You can’t beat beautiful fountains as a decoration. But I can’t tell you how many people came up to me after to tell me how amazing the food was! I was beyond pleased with everything! Sarah also is so fun to work with. She caters to you and makes sure that every one is happy. She’s professional and easy to work with! I would do it a million times over at this venue if I could!