From Scratch Catering & Event Planning

Saginaw, MI · View map · Visit website

About From Scratch Catering & Event Planning

From Scratch Catering & Event Planning is a catering and event planning company based out of Saginaw, Michigan, and servicing the surrounding Detroit region. The company specializes in catering to your particular needs and wedding vision. Whether your wedding is small and casual, or upscale and extravagant, From Scratch Catering & Event Planning offers options tailored to your needs.

Cuisine
From Scratch Catering & Event Planning specializes in using locally sourced ingredients to create dishes made from scratch. The culinary team offers a personalized catering experience, creating dishes and menus that fit your specific event. The team can provide menu options to accommodate gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free, no pork, vegetarian and vegan diets. The menus feature a wide variety of cuisine styles, including:

• American
  • Local
  • Mediterranean
  • Seafood
  • Southern

From Scratch Catering & Event Planning provides complete staffing for your event, including servers and bartenders. They also provide delivery, setup and cleanup. Catering services can also include:

• Cake cutting

T
Featured
Tina

Married on 10/06/2017

I originally grew up in Michigan but have lived out of state for the past 6 years. When my husband and I decided to have our wedding in Michigan, to better accommodate our families, I knew that ... Read more planning everything was going to be a challenge since I would have no taste testings, no face-to-face meetings, and limited communication with the vendor I would book with. I had never heard of any of the companies I began to search, and all of them had the same type of short reviews. While great reviews help, "Excellent", "Very good food", and "Great place to cater from", cannot give you an honest sense of security and trust from a company. From Scratch Catering was the first company I called, and they were so informative that I booked them immediately and never looked elsewhere. They answered every question, no matter how many e-mails I sent, and provided detail after detail of what to expect from them. Their menu was vast and their selections covered the entire spectrum of simple to elegant. I told them the direction and feel that I wished to accomplish from my reception and let them guide my choices to achieve that; it couldn't have turned out more perfect. People still rave about the stuffed chicken, the assorted cucumber hors d oeuvres were devoured, and our only regret was that we couldn't try every item on their menu; it was THAT good! However; as good as their food was, it was their service which they provided on the most important day of my life that really shone through. I am quite convinced that any catering company could provide good food, but I doubt that any other choice on our part would have provided From Scratch's amount of class and professionalism during the event. Everything was beautifully laid out, and the staff ensured the proper flow and assistance with every. single. guest. There is not enough room in this review to be able to express how highly I regard From Scratch Catering. Simply put, you will NOT find a better catering company.

H
Hayley Chartier

Married on 07/18/2019

Great Caterer

From Scratch Catering is one of my three preferred caterers that cater within my banquet facility. They service about 95% of my weddings and are nothing less than fabulous. Jeff is a third generation ... Read more caterer that is wonderful to work with, he makes the planning process fun and exciting for all of my bride and grooms. He bases his business on being “customizable” which allows my clients to have a unique experience based on their vision. From Scratch Catering also has a very professional staff that is on top of their service. I truly enjoy working with their Operations Manager Ryan and their two kitchen managers Jordan and Cailin. They contribute to the success of the overall operation and are very talented. Overall, I highly recommend this caterer for any type of function, whether it’s a wedding, corporate event or fundraiser. They will deliver a memorable experience for all.

Krista
Krista Empey-Cederberg

Married on 06/08/2019

Impressive

I was so thankful to find a company willing to cater my outdoor wedding in a somewhat rural and secluded location. Not only did they travel to provide food for my wedding, but the quality was top ... Read more knotch. I have never been to another wedding that had food this good. All of our guests commented on how great it was. Would absolutely recommend this company to anyone needing a catered event.