Full Moon Resort

Big Indian, NY · View map · Visit website

About Full Moon Resort

Full Moon Resort, in the Catskill Mountains, just a short ride from New York City, provides a rustic, natural backdrop for couples seeking an exclusive "camp and farm" style wedding experience with a full range of amenities. The property hosts an elegant wedding pavilion, a number spacious barns, full on-site catering options and a variety of lodges - from glamping to simple country inn rooms to luxurious cottages.

Facilities and Capacity
Up to 400 guests can join couples on their special day. Wedding ceremonies take place at numerous outdoor locations on the grand lawns, among shady forest groves or at the streamside wedding tent. The historic barn with high ceilings, warm exposed beams and picture windows, as well as the newly constructed wedding pavilion each provide unique settings for BBQs, welcome-dinners, cocktail parties and receptions.

Full Moon Resort offers couples the option of a weekend-long experience or a single-day event. To help them make the most of their stay, the resort offers the following services:

• Accommodations
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Wireless internet

Cuisine
The resort offers full in-house bar service and catering in a variety of serving styles including:

• Buffet
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Accommodation
A mix of accommodations are available in the lodges and cottages. There are four "tiers" of lodging. The most economical tier offers bed-and-breakfast-style guest rooms with shared, hallway baths. The second tier is comfortable country inn style rooms with private baths. Tier Three has larger rooms with private baths. And for very discerning travelers, Tier Four presents luxurious, newly constructed cottages with king-sized beds, private decks and spectacular views. There's also "glamping" (geodesic tents with beds, linens, electricity) for guests who want to get in touch with nature.

48 Reviews for Full Moon Resort

48 Full Moon Resort Reviews

E
Featured
Emily

Married on 04/30/2017

Full Moon is a magical place with extremely dedicated, talented and professional staff. They made our wedding unbelievably perfect. We looked at Full Moon originally because of the country setting and ... Read more vegan food options, and oh man, the food is spectacular, and the scenery is breathtaking. Throughout the planning process our coordinators were there for us every step of the way and we were able to customize every detail that mattered to us and leave the "defaults" for the rest. It may be a little more upfront work setting up your guest's accommodations but with the right vendors (their recommended vendor list is a great starting point) the end result is a stunning and seamless event from beginning to end. Our guests agreed, and many told us it was a refreshing change from the "expected" and the most fun they've ever had at a wedding!

David
David Massa

Married on 04/28/2019

The best venue!

The Full Moon Resort was everything we could have hoped for and more for our April wedding! From the very beginning the staff was incredible. When we visited the venue we didn't plan accordingly and ... Read more wound up stranded at the local post office. Paul, one of the staff, came and picked us up without hesitation. The tour that followed was incredible and we knew from that moment on this was our place. The resort has you come up a few months prior to the wedding to try out your menu selections and confirm what you want. This should kind of tell you that the food is on point. The chef is great. With food we were concerned about catering to people with dietary issues because some of our guests could not have gluten, dairy, meat, etc. They have really excellent options for every kind of food allergy/intolerance and the options are actually good. They also leave an extra meal in your room in case you are too busy talking to people during your reception. This is a godsend. We had our reception in the barn which was fantastic. The layout really encourages circulation among the guests which is exactly what we wanted. The amenities were great as well. We did an after party in the roadhouse with a bonfire outside. It was everything we wanted. The rooms are really lovely. We stayed in Dancing Bear Cottage which was both beautiful and comfortable. My father kept commenting that his room looked like he had stepped into a copy of architectural digest. Every single member of the team wound up going above and beyond what we expected and they were more than happy to do so. All of our guests told us how amazing the venue was and how welcoming and conscientious the staff was. Melanie was our planner and she made sure everything was exactly as it should be on the day of. We knew everything would be taken care of and were actually relaxed for our entire wedding! If you are looking for a venue away from a city with scenic views this is definitely the place. I am going to bully every engaged couple I know to get married there because I want to go back.

Erica
Erica L Smith

Married on 02/17/2019

Couln't have happened at any other venue...Honestly Amazing

If you are even slightly on a limb about a venue, stop right now. Full Moon Resort is the only place I would ever recommend. Not only are the grounds beautiful, with ponds, luxury cabins, and ... Read more absolutely gorgeous event spaces for ceremonies and receptions, but the people who work there make your wedding more than you could ever hope for. From the owners, Paul and Michael, to the chef Adam West and his team, to the grounds crew, front desk staff, catering ladies...nothing but smiles, laughs, and helpful past their pay I am sure! But, all in all, my wedding would never have happened without our Coordinator, Melanie. Our story was my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I moved the wedding up to two months from out engagement in hopes he could be there to walk me down the aisle. In two months, Melanie helped me plan the wedding of my dreams. On the day of, she was there with me ever moment, asking me questions and making sure everything was just as I wanted it. When I didn't have an answer, she gave me several options and often I just asked her to do what she thought was best. Then, because everyone was busy with my dad, she actually helped me get dressed. She even put on my pearls. At the ceremony, she made sure my dad got to go down the aisle with me no matter what. At the reception, she had a special plate of food made for him because he asked for it and getting him to eat is hard. Most amazingly, at one point I looked over and she was feeding my dad...she didn't have to do that, but she did it so I could have the best wedding possible. In my eyes, Melanie is now a part of our family and I will forever sing her praises, and praises for Full Moon. My friends and family said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to, all planned in just two months. Not to jump backwards, but the FOOD....sweet Lord I never ate so much! And it was AMAZING! Best food I had ever eaten. Period. The chef Adam worked right along with us for food choices and even helped my vision of an afternoon tea happen with delicious scones and finger sandwiches. He helped me design the perfect cake and it was incredible. If you and your hunny are foodies like us, there is no other venue to match the food at FM. I wouldn't have done my wedding any other way, even if I had the chance. It was truly one of the best weekends of my life and I owe it to Full Moon!