Funk Evolution Entertainment

New York, NY · View map · Visit website

About Funk Evolution Entertainment

Funk Evolution Entertainment is an all-inclusive wedding band in the Albany, New York area. This group of 8 band members covers all the necessary instrumental bases, including vocals, tenor saxophone, alto saxophone, trumpet, guitar, bass guitar, keyboard and drums. Funk Evolution Entertainment's high-energy performances will be customized to meet all the needs and expectations of couples on their big day.

This band includes more than a group of musicians with instruments in hand. Willing to play for the ceremony, cocktail hour and rehearsal dinner in addition to the reception, the band offers the following services for couples' weddings:

• Disco ball
  • Sound/PA system
  • Vocals
  • Willing to travel

Other Services
The members of the Funk Evolution Entertainment band take the time to customize the playlist to each couple's wedding. They offer music in the following genres:

• Blues

Jenae
Featured
Jenae

Married on 04/14/2018

Funk Evolution absolutely rocked it at our wedding at the Old Daley on Crooked Lake. We first had the pleasure of attending a Funk concert during my dad’s 50th birthday. We stopped at Wolff’s ... Read more Biergarten and heard someone jamming at Stout. We stopped in and ending up dancing the night away until they finished up their set. We had a BLAST! Naturally, my mom asked if they played weddings. Fast-forward five years, and Funk brought the house down at our wedding. You could not get guests to leave the dance floor. They hired a piano player to play Beatles songs for our ceremony - he played beautifully! Rocco did a fantastic job MCing and even helped me coordinate the perfect short and sweet surprise for my mom. Thank you all for celebrating with us!

E
Erin Driscoll

Married on 12/01/2018

best decision ever!

Second to our venue, choosing FE to play at our wedding was the best decision we made throughout the whole planning process. They really brought our wedding to the next level and exceeded all of our ... Read more expectations. After selecting our venue (The Otesaga in Cooperstown, NY), the next thing we got to work on was the wedding band. We knew we wanted live music and were pretty stressed about the decision making process. We also had less than a year until our event date, and in our initial outreach were finding a lot of options to be booked. I stumbled upon FE on Wedding Wire, and reached out with my fingers crossed. Rocco got back to me and they were available... and we gave a deposit without having heard them live... it felt risky.. but the payoff was amazing! Rocco was by far one of my favorite wedding vendors to work with. He is SO nice, SO fast to respond, SO helpful and easy to work with.. he is everything! He offered me a great deal on lighting, so FE took care of that too, and lit our reception space up beautifully.. and once the party started, the lights were awesome.. it was like a fancy rave! The dance floor was packed the entire night. All the musicians in the band are amazingly talented. At one point they did a horn battle in the middle of the dance floor and we were all mesmerized! They even let me sing on the mic.. sorry to all my guests.. but I loved it. Rocco was also great as the emcee.. he had a very energetic way about him. My dinner ended up running pretty long but Rocco worked with me and the venue to move things along and stay on track. He definitely knows how to run an event. I am trying to think of another reason to have a party so I can hire FE again. Use them, seriously, you won't regret it!

M
Maureen

Married on 11/09/2018

Simply the best

It was a no-brainer that we wanted to have Funk Evolution at our wedding. From the minute we corresponded with Rocco, it was even more clear that this was a must. Rocco was so professional, yet easy ... Read more going and relaxed...it felt like we had another group of friends who happen to be fab musicians coming to our wedding. Everyone in the band is so talented and really knows how to get the crowd going and keep them going all night. Our friends and family RAVED about Funk Evolution (one even asked if they'd be willing to travel out to Wisconsin). I would work with them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to any and everyone looking for a band for their wedding or special event.