Gale Mansion

Minneapolis, Minnesota · View map · Visit website

About Gale Mansion

The Gale Mansion, a historic mansion with a ballroom, is a timeless wedding venue for couples looking to have their wedding in the greater Minneapolis, Minnesota area. This vintage venue offers glamorous grounds and two indoor locations for couples to use on their wedding day. This venue is located in downtown Minneapolis, roughly 23 minutes from the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can host up to 200 guests for a seated dinner at this wedding venue. When the weather is appropriate, couples can host an outdoor wedding ceremony at this historic mansion. There are landscaped lawns and paved front driveway areas where couples can begin their lives together. Behind the house, in the grassy area, chairs can be set up for a couple’s ceremony. They can have the affair facing the grand limestone exterior of the mansion, complete with columns and elegant windows. Inside, couples can use the main floor or the ballroom for their wedding reception. The main floor hosts 100 guests for a seated dinner and as many as 225 for a standing cocktail reception. In the ballroom, couples will find space for up to 200 guests for dinner with a dance floor. The interior of this venue features white walls with accents of a dark and polished wood. There are many windows and wall sconces for when the sun goes down at night.

Bridal showers and engagement parties can be hosted at the Gale Mansion in addition to ceremonies and receptions. In the months leading up to the wedding, event staff can assist couples with event planning, while pastry chefs plan the customized cake of a couple’s dreams. The professional staff can even help to recommend and coordinate with outside vendors who know the venue well or whom couples find on their own. When the wedding arrives, couples can relax in the bridal suite with members of their wedding party while staff members take care of setup, clean up, in-house bar services, and in-house catering. Guests arriving at this venue will appreciate the convenience of onsite parking, valet parking, and wireless Internet.

Cuisine
Full in-house bar service provides all the drink options need for a couple’s open or cash bar. A fully stocked bar means that couples don’t have to worry about supplying any outside alcohol themselves. Catering, ranging in styles from Asian to Southwestern, can be prepared for a couple’s menu with gluten free, lactose free, no pork, nut free, vegan and vegetarian options. The dishes can be served in the following catering styles:

• Buffet

M
Featured
Maria

Married on 08/14/2015

Living in California and getting married in Minneapolis (my husband's home city) proved to be very challenging. I did all my research online months prior to our visit. Luckily, I was pretty sure I ... Read more wanted a historical mansion as our wedding venue. I found several within the historical district of Minneapolis and after carefully considering each venue, I decided to visit Gale Mansion on our next trip to Minnesota, which was a year from our proposed wedding date. I was in contact with both Amy and Amy Beth, arranging a tour and a tasting. My husband and I were very pleased with the intimate and elegant ambiance of the place and the food was delicious. We were sold. Over the following year, we kept in brief contact regarding payment installments and random questions I had along the way. My emails were always answered promptly and they even sent me pictures upon request, reminding me of the layout. Our wedding was small (50 guests) so the main level ended up being the perfect amount of space. Several days before the wedding, I was able to drop by and show my closest friends the venue so they would be familiar as they were assisting me in a variety of ways on the wedding day. I was also able to drop off all my wedding gear the day before, which made arriving the day of smooth and unhurried. The day itself was wonderful and from my point of view, nearly flawless! (any minor hiccups were handled with ease between my friends and Amy and/or Amy Beth.) Thank you Gale Mansion!

N
Nicole

Married on 11/11/2018

Wonderful Day

We had an amazing experience at the Gale mansion. Jessie and Robyn were both amazing, they made navigating planning a wedding relatively easy. The day of the wedding went so smoothly too because of ... Read more their assistance and attention to detail. I can’t say enough positive things about the Gale and the staff there.

A
Alexa

Married on 08/18/2018

Gale Mansion

When we were looking for a wedding/reception venue, all anyone would do was give us a laundry list of things to buy and encourage us to spend beyond our means. Not so at the Gale Mansion. Jessie went ... Read more above and beyond to not only fit our budget, but also to make the whole process as stress-free as a wedding can possibly be. Jessie never disappointed in the planning stages of the wedding. She kept us on track with a thoughtful amount of check-ins (not constant, but not infrequent), and made every meeting a delightful experience. The tasting was amazing, and the chef was extremely willing to adapt the dishes based on our requests. Additionally, when we submitted the dietary restriction for our guests, every need was met without compromising the quality of the food. The wedding itself was perfect--I didn't have to worry about a thing. Jessie made sure that I was on a predetermined schedule, and she walked us through everything seamlessly. Since we had fewer than 100 guests, we had the wedding upstairs and the reception downstairs. There was even a nice elevator for guests with mobility concerns. Did I mention the venue was absolutely stunning? The candles at night looked magical in the elegant mansion. The furniture was ornate, and the ceilings were beautiful. That being said, the venue felt surprisingly home-y. I have absolutely no regrets--my wedding was marvelous at the Gale Mansion.