Galen Broaddus, Secular Celebrant

Decatur, IL · View map

About Galen Broaddus, Secular Celebrant

I am a native and lifelong resident of Illinois and a certified Secular Celebrant with the Center for Inquiry (CFI). After having been raised in a ministerial household and spending several years involved in churches, I found myself on the other side of the religious/secular divide - but no less concerned with how those of us without religion mark significant moments of life.

More than this, I believe that there is great meaning to be found in secular celebrations of life, regardless of whether you are religious, spiritual, or none of the above. What I seek to provide is a neutral ground, a space where these meaningful celebrations can be had without involving religion at all.

My philosophy is this simple: You deserve to celebrate your wedding on your terms. My job is to facilitate that by helping guide you through the crafting of a custom ceremony, orchestrating the ceremony, and finally solemnizing the marriage to give it the legal recognition it deserves.

You can find out more about my services and philosophy at my website: http://www.centralillinoiscelebrant.com

9 Reviews for Galen Broaddus, Secular Celebrant

9 Galen Broaddus, Secular Celebrant Reviews

S
Stephanie

Married on 01/27/2018

Galen is so nice! He put everything together quickly and made a few changes we requested with no problem. He definitely did a great job during the ceremony, couldn't of been better! Read more Galen is so nice! He put everything together quickly and made a few changes we requested with no problem. He definitely did a great job during the ceremony, couldn't of been better!

A
Avery

Married on 12/10/2017

I don't think that we could have found a better person to marry us! Galen was so wonderful and so respectful, and just all around awesome. I would definitely recommend him if you're looking for an ... Read more officiant!

E
ELICIA

Married on 09/30/2017

We had the most Amazing Experience with Galen. He was very responsive and had our ceremony ready within days with the short notice we provided. I could not imagine our ceremony any other way. We are ... Read more truly greatful for thought and time that was put into it. I would and am recommending Galen for anyone looking for a personalized ceremony as Galen put our thoughts into words in the most perfect way! We are truly blessed -- The Toomeys