Garnet Hill Lodge

North River, NY · View map · Visit website

About Garnet Hill Lodge

Garnet Hill Lodge, a resort in the Adirondacks of NY (north of Albany, NY) gives couples’ weddings a rustic and natural feel. The wide open spaces and beautiful lake view amount to the Adirondack wedding many couples dream of having. Located within the mountains overlooking Thirteenth Lake, this venue sits just under an hour’s drive from Lake George.

Facilities and Capacity
The venue can accommodate up to 140 guests for a couple’s wedding. The ceremony on the outdoor lawn offers guests a peek at the beautiful scenery. Inside, the couple and guests dine in the Garnet Hill Lodge’s Loghouse restaurant. This buliding’s rustic decor gives the venue an idyllic atmosphere with a natural stone fireplace and wood-panelled walls.

Couples choosing Garnet Hill Lodge as their venue will love the privacy of this mountain getaway. The lodge offers the following services:

• Accommodations
  • Setup
  • Shuttle
  • Tables

Cuisine
With full in-house bar service, guests will be well taken care of throughout the night. Catering options for the celebration include:

• Cocktail reception
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Accommodations
Couples and their guests are invited to stay the length of the weekend when hosting a wedding at Garnet Hill Lodge. With outdoor activities and a welcome dinner on Friday, followed by wedding festivities on Saturday and a farewell brunch on Sunday. Guest rooms in The Loghouse provide cozy accommodations, while the two cottages--Tea House and The Birches--offer guests more space and privacy during their stay.

History
Garnet Hill Lodge was named for a nearby garnet mine, which opened in 1893. By 1928, however, the mine’s riches were in decline and it soon ceased operation. The Loghouse was built in 1937 as a guest house and restaurant. It became the Adirondack Inn in 1970 and eventually evolved into a resort community. It underwent renovation in the 1980s; however, many original features still remain, such as the impressive stone fireplace.

10 Reviews for Garnet Hill Lodge

10 Garnet Hill Lodge Reviews

K
Featured
Katie

Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding at Garnet Hill was perfect. We wanted a private venue, a place that allowed our guests to experience the beauty of the Adirondacks, and that's exactly what we got. It's a stunning place to ... Read more stay, to dine, and to unplug. We found Garnet Hill 14 months before our wedding, and communication was everything I needed and more over that time. Nicole put my mind at ease by answering all of my questions thoroughly, including some I know I asked more than once, and was there to make sure the entire weekend went exactly the way we wanted. Lucy and the banquet, maintenance, and bar staff helped ensure my vision was executed, and I felt so comfortable after so many months of planning that everything was in good hands! The staff helped execute a perfect Friday night welcome BBQ (the food was absolutely delicious, the kitchen staff did an amazing job, as did the bar staff) and ensured our guests got just the right introduction to the Central Adirondacks by recommending activities for during the day Saturday before the reception. The owner even led a guided hike Saturday morning! After breakfast, the staff had to transform the Lodge and grounds on ceremony day and set up the ton of boxes of decorations we brought. It was more perfect than I imagined it could be, including all the little details I envisioned for the reception. So many staff members played a part in it, and for that, I'm so truly grateful! The food was excellent - a feat hard to manage for nearly 100 guests - and the pies were the perfect dessert. They served the bride and groom early, which I very much appreciated :) And breakfast Sunday was amazing - great food, great service, and a perfect way to end the celebration. Great views and scenery are abundant in the Adirondacks, and Garnet Hill Lodge has those, but it's such a incredibly special place, and the people running it make it that way. It was our perfect wedding spot, and I can't wait to keep going back for getaways and anniversaries!

M
Mere

Married on 09/08/2018

The whole team at GHL was amazing. During the planning process Nicole was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions about how to make our special day run smoothly. The team at GHL was ... Read more flexible and open to our ides/ready to make what we wanted happen. When it came time to go to Garnet Hill for the wedding, we discovered that everyone working that weekend was friendly, polite, and happy to assist us with anything we needed. If we could have a wedding every year, we would pick GHL over and over again!

A
Allison

Married on 08/18/2017

As soon as my husband and I pulled up to Garnet Hill Lodge we knew this was the place for us.. The view of the mountains and the lake is breath taking and the lodge is beautifully rustic and cozy. We ... Read more had a smaller wedding and it was so nice that our guests could spend the night and we could all be in one place. The overall experience of the entire wedding process was excellent and the planning process a breeze, no stress. The food is delicious, the staff is warm and welcoming and the lodging is exactly what you would crave for the Adirondacks! Thank you Garnet Hill for the beautiful memories, your lodge will forever hold a special place is our hearts.. Xox