Genesee Country Village & Museum

Mumford, NY · View map · Visit website

About Genesee Country Village & Museum

Genesee Country Village & Museum is a collection of Mumford, New York wedding venues with 19th century charm. Couples interested in rustic, country-style weddings will have the perfect setting in the largest living history museum in New York State (the third largest in the country). Let your guests see the charm of the past and the beauty of the present converge in any one of the beautifully kept locations.

Facilities and Capacity
Wedding ceremonies in the historic Genesee Country Village & Museum can be hosted at a number of historic churches, porches, orchards and gardens all dating back to the 1800s. For receptions, the village includes two historic high-vaulted barns as well as a conference and banquet center. Couples can host up to 350 guests in the various spaces.

Wedding packages at Genesee Country Village & Museum are all-inclusive and include options for horse-drawn carriage transportation, decoration and wedding planning and coordination. Work with this venue to design the perfect day.

11 Reviews for Genesee Country Village & Museum

11 Genesee Country Village & Museum Reviews

A
Featured
Andrea

Married on 09/23/2017

Genesee Country Village & Museum is where my husband and I got married. I've always loved the GCVM since I was a little girl and we would go for school field trips. When I found out they hosted ... Read more weddings, there was no doubt in my mind that I had finally found the place I wanted to get married. Everything about the GCVM is just absolutely jaw dropping. The entire village is stunning, the trees, the gardens, the houses, the farms, etc. For those who have never been you must check it out because it is just an incredible place to be! Some people know of the GCVM because they've been there once or twice in their lives, and others have never been there at all. It was so nice to have a spot where we could have the ceremony and reception all in 1 location, and still have time between to take so many pictures and your guests will not be bored! They have the opportunity to walk through the village and check out all it has to offer before making their way to your reception location. The wedding coordinator, Tammy was such a pleasure to work with. She is so quick to respond and is on top of her game! She is the biggest sweetheart and will do any/everything you need her to do to ensure your day runs smooth. I cannot say enough great things about the GCVM and Tammy!

C
Christina Royce

Married on 02/09/2018

Tammy is fantastic, beautiful venue!

My husband and I have always been fan of GCV&M, and when we found out we could get married there we were surprised and excited. Tammy made everything so easy - fair warning she will give you a big hug ... Read more when you first meet her, but that just made the experience all the more inviting. She treated us like we were family from day one. She was so helpful with any of our questions and made the day run so smoothly. We cannot express our gratitude to Tammy and the staff at the Museum. If you want a wedding in a unique setting and a coordinator that will be honest, and helpful and sweet, then you'll want to check this place out!

User5365286

2+ years ago

We had three options for where to have our reception here: the carriage barn, the bigger barn, and the inside area. We choose the carriage barn because it was smaller and already mostly decorated. The ... Read more inside to both barns have fairy lights and the carriage barn has all the carriages hung up so it truly is very very beautiful. I would definitely recommend this place! They offer package deals for those who have 120 guests or more. We only had 85, but everything was still super affordable. They are on the cheaper side for plate pricing, we had a buffet, compared to other venues we looked at. This is a great option if you want a barn wedding because you don't have to worry about renting tables and chairs because they provide them for you. Also, your guests can walk around the village/museum and check out everything... the village is beautiful and quaint- really transports you back in time. The photo opportunities here are awesome as well. Tammy, the wedding coordinator, is also so much help. She is easily reached by email and will respond very quickly. She is so nice and supportive as well. You can also choose to have your ceremony here as well, although we did not do this.