Glen Ellen Farm

Ijamsville, District of Columbia · View map · Visit website

About Glen Ellen Farm

Glen Ellen Farms is a historic ranch wedding venue in the greater Washington, D.C. area. This rustic outdoorsy wedding venue features 30 acres of hilly meadows and winding streams, as well as a stone patio overlooking a pond. Couples will find this venue 18 minutes from Frederick, Maryland and 55 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C.

Facilities and Capacity
Up to 300 guests can join couples on their special day at Glen Ellen Farms. Couples can wed on this venue’s expansive property, with one of the most popular wedding sites being the pond. Couples can exchange vows on a small circular stone patio overlooking the pond after the wedding party processes down the stone path between the rows of folding chairs set up neatly in the grass. Nearby, couples will discover a pergola structure built just in front of a stone wall. They can choose to have the wedding ceremony here for more space if they wish, with the wall as their backdrop. Tented receptions can be held on the farm in flexible locations, with the pond or manor house in the background. The classic white house makes a wonderful setting for reception backdrops or wedding portraits.

The staff at this venue offer convenient event items and services for a couple’s big day. Wedding attendees will find onsite parking, and couples can include their furry family members at this pet-friendly location. Other items and services for a couple’s big day include:

• Bridal suite
  • Tables
  • Tent accessories
  • Tents

Other Services
Couples are welcome to host their ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at this flexible and country-style ranch. The venue also welcomes couples hosting bridal showers and engagement parties.

History
This 1950s Greek Revival home was once inhabited by Lady Ellen Thompson, presumed ghostwriter of the romance novel, Lorna Doone. It was purchased by Ellen and her husband, Professor Herbert Thompson, in 1874. They purchased the manor from John Brown, who used discarded wooden railroad rails for the rafters and joists in building the house’s framing.

43 Reviews for Glen Ellen Farm

43 Glen Ellen Farm Reviews

M
Featured
Megan

Married on 06/25/2016

I knew I wanted my wedding at an outdoor location and I never dreamed of a property so gorgeous. All of my guests were in awe of how I found this venue. It has so many backdrops and it created the ... Read more perfect setting for our photographs. You really need to see it to understand how beautiful it is. Aside from this venue's perfect looks, the owner Debbie is a joy to work with. Between emailing her questions, to wanting to view the property again to get ideas, she made me feel as if I was the only bride she had to accommodate throughout my entire planning process. Believe it or not, not everything always goes perfectly in the planning leading up to your big day. I had a last minute change I had to make that might stress a lot of brides out, but Debbie was so understanding and willing to be flexible that it made everything easy for me and still made for an absolutely perfect day. It shows how much she cares about making sure all of her couples are happy. On the day of the wedding, my dad and a couple other family members were at the property dropping things off and making sure everything was being delivered and set up. They could not have said enough nice things about Debbie and how accommodating, helpful and welcoming she was. She certainly went above and beyond! I don't doubt that this will soon be one of the most popular venues in the area and you'd be missing out if you don't consider Glen Ellen Farm for your wedding or event! :)

D
Deborah Morris

Getting married on 10/24/2020

I’m so glad we found this place!

Gorgeous setting! Debra is amazing and obviously loves what she does. The grounds are beautifully maintained. She offers a venue that will make any bride smile Read more Gorgeous setting! Debra is amazing and obviously loves what she does. The grounds are beautifully maintained. She offers a venue that will make any bride smile

Steven
Steven Boyland

Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Venue for a Wedding

Glen Ellen was an incredible experience that helped to make my daughters wedding memorable. As the brides Dad I receive so many compliments about all aspects of the wedding ( 129 guests) that is made ... Read more made me feel great that we selected Glen Ellen. The staff was excellent to work with and really focused on the details of our event. Debra knows her venue and what works and does not. This advantage and her expert advice based on best in class weddings was beyond valuable. If your are seeking a great site for an outdoor wedding Glen Ellen is your best option. We looked at many venues and this one stood out far above all others in the Frederick MD area.