Good Seed Floral Design

Portland, OR · View map

About Good Seed Floral Design

Our mission is simple: we want to help make your day full of beauty and joy.

Good Seed Floral Design is a Portland based, wedding-focused floral design business. Our vision is to apply a creative and personalized touch to every floral arrangement that we design. We love to make beautiful things. We especially love to support local growers. We love peonies, dahlias, roses and hydrangeas. We love new and exciting mixed with classic and true. We love growing, learning and living. We love flowers and the message they send.

Love,

Josie + Tay

Check us out on Instagram @goodseedfloral

36 Reviews for Good Seed Floral Design

36 Good Seed Floral Design Reviews

Cheyenne
Cheyenne Schlecht

Married on 05/05/2019

The easiest part of planning my wedding!

Good seed floral was a dream to work with! They made my wedding vision come to life for my wedding and if you've ever planned an event and had to hand off key elements to someone else you know how ... Read more hard it is for someone else to actually execute what's in your head! But the best part of all, was the whole wedding planning process was so stress free!! Sure, florals are expensive, but quite honestly if I could do it again, the only changes I would make would be to spend the extra money on top professional in ever department instead of just a few. Hiring the best of the best is worth every worry free moment and that's exaxtly what you get when you hire Good Seed Floral!

K
Kim

Married on 10/06/2018

swoon worthy floral design

Warning, long review ahead, but these girls were so amazing and wanted to describe my experience with them: Oh my gosh, these ladies nailed it! I was able to meet up with Josie (half of the lady boss ... Read more boss team) in Austin, for my wedding in Portland. It was the ideal situation since most of my other wedding vendors were hired long distance. She asked me plenty of questions about my my vision for the wedding. Within a couple of weeks, we were sent a mood board with images of exactly what I had imagined. I had vetted several other florists with more or less the same requests for my wedding, and Good seed’s pricing was very reasonable for the quality of work that they do. Jumping ahead to my wedding day: I had been following Goodseed on Instagram since before I hired them. I knew they did good work. But going into the wedding with only ideas based on pictures from the internet was a bit nerve racking. My morning started off slow since it had not set in that I was getting married that day. It was all so surreal. Checking my Instagram stories, I saw Good seed was getting started on this gorgeous bouquet, colors similar to what I had asked. My heart started racing and I had a feeling it was MY bouquet. THAT was when I knew it was my wedding day. Just this glimpse of this jumpstarted my day and I was so excited to see the finished product. The girls of Good seed delivered the flowers to the house where we were getting married (what great service). OMG, the bouquets were breathtaking. They were even better than what I was hoping for. The colors and textures they incorporated into the bouquets were nothing like I’ve seen before. Good seed had put my vision into reality with these bouquets. They are seriously flower GODS. Even my bridesmaid bouqeuts were incredible. We could not have been happier! We took the bouquets to our first look and the flowers fit seamlessly into Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens, like they had just foraged through the gardens to create these bouquets. Fast forward to the ceremony: We had a copper pipe alter made for us, and Good seed was working on the arrangements on it. It was even bigger than I had imagined, which is not a bad thing! Weddings cost so much in the first place that I was very pleased to see our money being spent on this. It was beautiful! It perfectly matched my vision, worked well with the copper alter and fit into the theme of a fall wedding. Then it was the reception. We had greenery organically draping the railings. The reception looked like a dream. It was simplistic, yet romantic. We had scattered single flowers throughout the entire venue, all a variety of the same flowers from my bouquet and alter arrangement. It was the perfect touch to tie in the rest the wedding together. All I got were compliments from my guests on how beautiful and gorgeous the wedding was. I know for sure that they would not be saying that without the help with Good seed. I started my wedding planning not really prioritizing the florals. I told myself “it’s just flowers, don’t spend so much money on such a tangible item”. OH BOY was I wrong. The floral arrangements were what really tied the wedding together. I have no regrets on “splurging” for the nice flowers as my wedding would’ve been bland without them. I don’t know how much else to praise Good seed with the work that they did, for what I consider reasonably price for the wedding industry. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married. Thank you all for everything that you have done. I am so excited to share our wedding photos and drool over the flowers all over again!

I
Isla

Married on 07/21/2018

Good Seed is so amazing! We got so many compliments on our flowers, and everything looked so fantastic. I originally chose Good Seed because their photos were all so beautiful, and their prices seemed ... Read more seemed very reasonable. After booking, I met with them and went over the specifics of what I needed, what types of flowers I like, our color scheme, etc.. They then made a gorgeous florals proposal, complete with photos of all the flower types they would use and detailed descriptions of all the arrangements. The entire process was easy, and they were always very professional and responsive to any requests I made. We ordered quite a few flower arrangements, including a big installation on the venue's gazebo and another installation on the mantlepiece. Everything was so stunning! They definitely do not skimp on anything, many of the arrangements were lusher and larger than I was anticipating. All of the flowers were very fresh. To top it all off, Good Seed must have looked through my Instagram because they somehow figured out that sarracenias are my absolute favorite. I hadn't included them in my initial requests because I didn't realize that they were even an option. On my wedding day, they surprised me by including sarracenias in the centerpieces and in my bouquet! It was such a wonderful touch. I am so glad I chose Good Seed as my florist, and highly recommend them!