Grace

Portland, ME · View map

About Grace

A vintage wedding venue in Portland, Maine, Grace is a unique location and a premier wedding spot. The building was originally designed as a Gothic Revival Church and has since been renovated to include modern amenities while upholding the integrity of the venue’s historic past. The gorgeous architecture both inside and out will provide you with perfect and artistic photographic opportunities.

Facilities and Capacity

With multiple floors and even a lofted area, this space will be sure to accommodate various types and sizes of weddings perfectly. Our Sanctuary the nave of the church, feautres a gorgeous bar and open concept kitchen. On our ground floor, the Greatroom space is perfect for a ceremony or cocktial hour. The guest capacity at this location maxes out at 250 people, allowing plenty of leeway when designing your guest list.

Some of the services that this location offers couples include:

• Event rentals

24 Grace Reviews

E
Erica

Married on 07/14/2018

Grace is a gorgeous venue that all of our guests keep talking about. The food and drinks are delicious and are far above what I have experienced as a wedding guest at other venues. Our guests have ... Read more complimented the food and drinks consistently since our wedding day. This was my dream venue so there's not enough words for me to describe how in love I am with Grace. Meghan Buck, the event coordinator is a real professional. She is very knowledgeable, very helpful, she's a dream for any bride like me who didn't have a clue about planning a wedding. She is a real asset and will make everything about your day perfect. Get married at Grace, it'll be the best day of your life!

A
Allison

Married on 05/26/2018

Grace Restaurant was one of the best parts of our wedding. First of all, the venue is STUNNING, so you save a lot of money on decorations because any additional decor would only take away from the ... Read more beautiful architecture and style that's already present. Second, the food, (actually this should have been listed first), the food is absolutely perfect and is likely one of the best dinners I have ever had. I'm not sure how they make 100 meals so perfectly, but everyone was raving about it for months afterwards. They even saved the groom and I our own little platter of appetizers for when we got to cocktail hour, which was 1. delicious 2. necessary, I was starving 3. thoughtful, just goes to show their attention to detail. Meghan was the coordinator we worked with, and she is incredible. She was so easy to work with and made the process fun and exciting. She responded promptly to e-mails (since i did not live in the area); she was more than willing to set up in person meetings to go through everything when I was in town; she asked all the right questions to make sure we'd thought through everything; on the day of, she was this super-woman behind the scenes coordinator who seamlessly moved about the reception getting things done according to schedule without being intrusive or annoying. I don't think that I can thank her and the staff enough! In all seriousness, this is by far and away the best place for a reception in Portland. We got the best food and service for our money. Grace didn't charge extra ridiculous fees; we simply paid for what we ordered for food/drinks, which all went to the minimum food and beverage tab we needed to hit in order to use the space (which was already very reasonably set for a price). Excellent, excellent, excellent venue!!

H
Hillary

Married on 04/21/2018

Grace was the perfect location for our wedding – it was elegant, classy and yet casual all at the same time. Our guests were wowed with our ceremony on the balcony, the cocktail hour on the main ... Read more floor, and the reception in the greatroom. The food and drink service was perfect, and so many people complimented the food from cocktail hour and from the plated dinner. The best part of having our wedding at Grace was working with Meghan. Meghan was the ideal event manager for our wedding day. She was always prompt and thorough when I had questions leading up to the day. She was very organized on the day of and helped us set up the details around the space to make the venue really stand out. Meghan was the ultimate professional and also was able to soothe any last minute concerns of mine and really helped the event flow smoothly – I couldn’t imagine the day without her!