Grand Isle Lake House

Grand Isle, VT · View map · Visit website

About Grand Isle Lake House

Grand Isle Lake House is a private event venue in Grand Isle, Vermont. Situated on Lake Champlain, this historic lakeshore hotel provides everything you need for a special, memorable wedding day. Grand Isle Lake House encompasses 55 acres and 2,500 feet of shoreline, making it the perfect destination for mountain views, Vermont sunsets, and romance.

Facilities and Capacity

Grand Isle Lake House offers multiple spaces ideally suited for rehearsals, ceremonies, and receptions. The grounds accommodate up to 250 people and can easily be outfitted with tents. The porches hold around 150 seated guests. For cake and dancing, the dining room offers vaulted ceilings and original woodwork.

Accommodations

With 13 unique guest rooms, Grand Isle Lake House offers sleeping accommodations for up to 32 people. No two rooms are alike, and six of the rooms feature private baths.

Grand Isle Lake House has a team of professional wedding planners to ensure every detail of your big day goes according to plan. They take care of set up and clean up, and event rentals are available on site, too. Parking is available, and event spaces are wheelchair accessible. Grand Isle Lake House provides altars and arches, chairs, a dance floor, furniture, tables, linens, glassware, flatware, china, and barware. Whether you’re aiming for a hosted bar or a cash bar, Grand Isle offers a selection of Vermont craft beers, signature cocktails, and an extensive wine list.

Cuisine

At Grand Isle Lake House, all catering services—from menu creation to table service—are performed on site. Executive Chef Sheryl Eddy focuses on seasonal, artisanal ingredients grown and made in Vermont. Enjoy selections like Apple and Smoked Gouda Tartlets made with Vermont apples and cheese, Vermont Maple Chipotle Barbecued Salmon Filets, and Allenhom Farms Apple Pie.

History

The Island Villa Hotel was built in 1903. Owned and managed by the Briggs family, it quickly became a popular spot for big city VIPs to retreat to the Vermont countryside. In 1956, after being purchased by the Sisters of Mercy, The Island Villa Hotel became Camp Marycrest, an all-girls summer camp. Finally, in 1997, the building and land were donated to The Preservation Trust of Vermont. In 1998, the property, now known as Grand Isle Lake House, began hosting private events.

Location

Grand Isle is an island between Vermont and New York, and is just 20 minutes northwest of Burlington. Grand Isle Lake House is situated on the shores of Lake Champlain with expansive views of the Green Mountains. Grand Isle is home to a small private airport, and the nearest major airports are in Burlington, Vermont; Plattsburgh, New York; and Montreal, Canada.

19 Reviews for Grand Isle Lake House

19 Grand Isle Lake House Reviews

C
Featured
Cynthia

Married on 05/24/2015

Our wedding at the Grand Ilse Lake House was perfect in every way, and we give enormous credit to Sue Bumbeck and her amazing staff for making the experience so easy and fulfilling. Sue is so relaxed, ... Read more relaxed, capable, efficient and supportive that the entire experience went without a hitch. We are an older (60+) couple who decided to have a "real" wedding, and Sue made it feel like it was our first time--so, so special and elegant. The venue is spectacular, the food was amazing, the staff was excellent--I can't rave enough about our experience. It exceeded our expectations. Thank you!

E
Elizabeth

Married on 06/30/2018

amazing wedding weekend

We're so glad we chose the Lake House for our wedding and would choose it again if we could. Sue and Sheryl were so wonderful to work with and made the planning process as enjoyable as possible. The ... Read more food was absolutely incredible. A huge advantage the Lake House offers is that the venue, catering, bar, linens, tables and plates/glasses are a one stop shop. I considered a few other venues where catering, bar and rentals would all have to be done separately and that would have been a nightmare. The house itself is gorgeous and full of historic charm, and needs little to no decoration (we did hire someone to put paper lantern lights on the porch which were beautiful). The views and grounds are breathtaking... out of state guests especially will be blown away. Our out of state friends didn't even know there were islands in Lake Champlain. My husband and I, along with our closest friends, stayed in the rooms Friday and Saturday night which turned out wedding into a weekend long vacation experience. It was so nice waking up Saturday morning and having breakfast and best friends waiting for me on the porch and the lake a few feet away to jump in for a quick swim. We had a bonfire after the reception Saturday night and that was a major highlight of the weekend. Sue was so helpful and made sure everything went seamlessly, from the time we arrived Friday afternoon until we left Sunday morning. Sue and the staff took care of everything with the vendors so I didn't have to worry about any of it. When I began to plan my wedding, I knew that I wanted a venue that offered both indoor and outdoor space, I wanted a place that embraced the natural beauty of Vermont and embraced our local culture, and I wanted to have top-of-the line food, drinks and accommodations that felt elegant and luxurious without feeling stuffy and overly formal. I wanted sophistication and relaxation at the same time, and the Lake House delivered exactly that. This venue is perfect for couples who love the water and want to have a relaxed vibe while retaining all the upscale trappings of traditional, formal wedding. I highly recommend this venue in particular to couples who want to have an inclusive experience with close friends or family and choose to rent the rooms both nights. I'm still amazed at the way this venue can combine the dreamy, serene, low-key vibe of a summer day on the lake with the elegance, decadence and luxury of a no-holds-bared classic wedding.

B
Brandi

Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding at the Grand Isle Lake House was amazing! The house and grounds are absolutely gorgeous, like something out of a movie. The location is tucked away enough that it gives a private party ... Read more that intimate feeling without being too far from anything. We had our rehearsal dinner as well as our ceremony and reception at the Grand Isle Lake House. Both dinners were fabulous and tasted fantastic! The guests loved the food so much that even after a few weeks, our guests are still raving about the food. What made everything perfect was the staff. Everyone on staff (I literally mean every member of staff) was fantastic. Sue and Sheryl were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process, especially during the planning phase which made wedding planning a breeze. During our stay the entire staff was friendly, accommodating, helpful, and overall just great people who truly care about their guests. They went above and beyond to make our stay special. There is no better venue than the Grand Isle Lake House. We highly recommend it.