Grand Lucayan

Nassau, BS · View map · Visit website

About Grand Lucayan

A destination wedding venue in Freeport, Bahamas, Grand Lucayan prides itself on delivering a wedding experience that exudes authenticity. The ideal tranquil Bahamian escape, the tropical venue strikes the perfect balance between the luxuries of a modern-day resort and the magic of Bahamian culture. Welcoming those comforts that make traveling both a pleasure and a passion, Grand Lucayan is the perfect choice for destination ceremonies and receptions.

Facilities and Capacity
Nestled on a private Caribbean beach, Grand Lucayan comfortably accommodates up to 300 of your closest loved ones. Couples have the option of hosting their ceremony and/or reception in any of the beautiful spaces:

• The Wedding Gazebo
  • The Manor House
  • The Great Lawn
  • The Pavilion
  • The Convention Center
  • Lighthouse Pointe Beach

Couples who book Grand Lucayan benefit from an assortment of wedding-related services and amenities. Options include the following:

• Consultation
  • Flowers
  • Setup
  • Cleanup

Cuisine
Grand Lucayan's talented culinary team offer an assortment of catering menus designed to delight you and your guests on your special day. For an enjoyable reception experience, the venue's in-house catering services include:

• Tastings
  • Server(s)
  • Hors d'oeuvres
  • Plated-style dinner
  • A la carte platters
  • Action stations
  • Carving stations

Accommodation
Grand Lucayan offers overnight accommodations in the form of spacious and stylishly appointed guest rooms and suites. Combining the island authenticity of the Bahamas with the ease and affordability of an all-inclusive resort each room features in-room refrigerators, private balconies, and complimentary wireless internet.

Other Facilities
Grand Lucayan offers a charming collection of indoor and outdoor event spaces in which to host wedding-related celebrations. In addition to 16 high-tech conference rooms, the venue also features a stately Colonial-style Manor House, as well as 50,000-square feet of outdoor function space for wedding festivities on the pool deck, beach, and Great Lawn.

Location
Grand Lucayan is conveniently located in Freeport, Bahamas. Less than 15 minutes from Grand Bahama International Airport, the oceanfront venue is less than 20 minutes from several local attractions, such as Ruby Golf Course and Rand Nature Center.

5 Reviews for Grand Lucayan

5 Grand Lucayan Reviews

C
Featured
Chelsea

Married on 11/17/2015

My husband and I are from Texas, and we had our destination wedding at the Grand Lucayan in November 2015. We had about 30 guests who came with us from Texas. All planning was done via ... Read more e-mail/telephone, and we had never seen the resort in person before we arrived for our long wedding weekend. Cora was our wedding coordinator, and she was outstanding! Really great communication the entire way through. She prompted us when we needed to make decisions, answered our millions of questions, was very flexible when we asked for something to be changed, and truly made sure everything was great the whole way through. The ceremony and reception set up were both just as I had envisioned and discussed with Cora, as were the flowers, decorations, cake and food. All perfect. The one tip I would give you if you are considering booking with the Grand Lucayan - find a videographer on your own rather than using the one included with the package. It wasn't terrible - they captured the ceremony, our vows, and the wedding party speeches, which is what I really cared about. However, they made some strange editing decisions like weird angles, shifting between one angle and another at random, focusing on me trying to get hair out of my mouth and making awkward faces for a solid minute. Also, we used our own photographer, so I can't speak to the quality of the photography included in the package. Overall, it was a truly wonderful experience. I just wish I could go back and live it all over again!

User3732266

2+ years ago

4.3

Cora and the entire staff at the Grand Lucayan made my reception great. The food and service was an A+. I recommend the Grand Lucayan to share your special day! Read more Cora and the entire staff at the Grand Lucayan made my reception great. The food and service was an A+. I recommend the Grand Lucayan to share your special day!!

T
Tiffany

Married on 06/29/2013

3.5

Overall, everything was great. Jennifer and Lisa K. Helped with all the preparations. We were able to customize as we saw fit. Lisa made the arrangements with the florist, music, cake, and ... Read more decorations--all of which we selected. She also helped with the rehearsal dinner and day-after brunch. We were pleased. One negative was that there was another event nearby during our ceremony and reception that was very loud. Lisa made them turn the volume down on their audio system so that was taken care of.