The Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum

Canandaigua, New York · View map · Visit website

About The Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum

The Granger Homestead is a magnificent, 200-year-old mansion and wedding event venue that is located in Canandaigua, New York. Seated on 12 acres of picturesque event space, this unique venue offers wedding couples the warmth and atmosphere of a truly elegant location. With all of this event space as your backdrop, you will have magnificent wedding photography opportunities. Whether you end up inside or on the grounds, the setting for your wedding, reception, shower or other special occasion will definitely be a memorable experience for all involved.

Facilities and Capacity

The mansion at the Granger Homestead can seat up to 80 guests, but for larger groups, a tent can be rented to accommodate up to 300 people in an outdoor setting. The Homestead also boasts three lovely covered porches that you and your guests are welcomed and encouraged to relax on with cocktails and plates of hors d’oeuvres, when the weather is nice and warm.

The Granger Homestead offers exceptional wedding event services to a variety of wedding couples with different styles, tastes, and budgets. They have the ability to host your bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception, as well. Wedding couples may also rent the property exclusively for wedding photographs. Additionally, The Granger Homestead has a unique horse-drawn carriage available for wedding events.

One notable feature of the venue is the historical tours available. You can travel back in time and listen to one of the knowledgeable docents lead you through the Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum. You can listen to the stories of the four generations of Grangers, who lived in this magnificent home between the years of 1816 and 1930. If you are a history buff, this is a part of the venue you will truly love!

10 Reviews for The Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum

10 The Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum Reviews

A
Featured
Amanda

Married on 10/08/2016

As a history teacher I knew having a historic touch would be important to me - the Granger did not disappoint! The day before my wedding I stopped by and the house was absolutely spotless for our ... Read more day! The house is elegant without being pretentious and my guests raved about how beautiful it was! With our 93 guests we chose to use the house for our cocktail hour and set up a heated tent right outside the beautiful porch for dinner and dancing, it worked wonderfully and guests had the opportunity to move between the house and the tent all night! Colleen was always kind and attentive and went above and beyond to make sure everything was as we envisioned it. The price is VERY reasonable compared to other places AND you would be supporting the preservation of a landmark home as well! If you are looking for an elegant, warm location I cannot recommend this place enough!

H
Heather

Married on 08/10/2019

Highly Recommend

We recently held my parents’ 50th Wedding Anniversary party at the Granger Homestead. We had approximately 25 guests & everyone had positive feedback on the location we’d chosen. The staff (Colleen & ... Read more Vicky) were wonderful! They were available if we needed them, but didn’t hover & let our guests enjoy themselves. They gave shortened tours of the Homestead and carriage houses as our guests requested them. I kept the decorations simple so as to not detract from the beauty of the homestead itself. We had appetizers & desserts catered so there was one table and one high boy, plus additional chairs, in each of the three rooms for our guests to eat at, or just sit and chat. It was a very relaxed atmosphere during the whole party & our guests really enjoyed themselves. I would highly recommend this venue!

P
Pam Thompson

Married on 06/22/2019

Granger - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

My daughter recently held her wedding reception at Granger after riding in the horse-drawn carriage from the marriage at St. John's down the street. I cannot say enough good about the Granger staff, ... Read more especially Collen, who was not only flexible, but responded promptly too all my questions over the 6 months prior to the celebration. She also worked very well with my wedding planner. The reception in the tent in the side yard was perfect, and we had the grounds for carriage rides and lawn games. We made use of the beautiful side porch when introducing the wedding party, and the sunset in front provided a lovely background for a photo of the newlyweds. The guests loved wandering through the beautiful mansion, and, also, the neighborhood as there made their way from church to reception. Many guests stayed in neighboring Bed & Breakfasts and Airbnb's. A reception at Granger was a wonderful way to showcase the City of Canandaigua, where we live!