Grant Humphreys Mansion

Denver, Colorado · View map · Visit website

About Grant Humphreys Mansion

The Grant Humphreys Mansion, a wedding venue located in Denver, Colorado, is an elegant mansion with a rich history. Back in 1902, this estate was erected in the Quality Hill Historic District. James Grant, who was the state of Colorado’s third Governor, was the one who built this historic home. Couples today can step back in time and experience this historic mansion with their guests on their wedding day.

Facilities and Capacity
Throughout the Grant Humphreys Mansion, couples will be surrounded by stunning architectural features such as the grand staircase and detailed fireplace. These touches will add a refined backdrop to your ceremony. Depending on the layout, couples can invite up to 150 friends and family for a buffet, up to 180 for a formal seated dinner, and up to 200 for a cocktail reception on the property. Whether you are planning an indoor ceremony and reception or would prefer an outdoor one, there are many rooms available indoors, and garden spaces outdoors, for you to choose from. The flower gardens and the south terrace provide a breath of fresh air. plenty of floral delights and views of Humphreys Park that will charm you and your guests. Additionally, if you would like to enjoy a bit of dancing with your guests, the classic indoor ballroom can be requested.

Every couple will receive a variety of complimentary items when they choose the Grant Humphreys Mansion to say their vows in, or to enjoy their bridal shower, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, elopement, or reception in. Couples will receive items such as four-foot and 5-foot tables, 6-foot banquet tables, chairs, cocktail tables, basic AV, a steamer, an IPOD dock, a wireless microphone and portable speaker, and furniture pieces such as the piano and fireplace. Each wedding party will receive separate rooms to prepare in. To add a finishing touch to your ceremony and reception, the staff can provide you with 12 up-lights that come in a variety of different colors you can choose from to compliment your décor and color scheme. For the convenience of you and your guests, the mansion also provides you with free parking, wifi, and wheelchair access. Other services that couples can add to make their wedding day less stressful include the following:

• Cleanup

Julia
Featured
Julia

Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful Venue, lots of space, allowed me to customize

I love this venue. It was the second place I visited. I made up my mind basically right there, that we were going to have our wedding there. I love how we get the entire mansion to ourselves and there ... Read more are so many different corners to explore. It's great that we could have our ceremony in front of the building and then move the party to the south terrace for cocktail hour while we stay in the front for photos. Then everybody moved inside for dinner time, cake cutting, and then everyone moved to the basement dance floor. It was a really cozy space for our group of 70 guests and I love the change of scenery throughout the night. Rita was great to work with. We were able to extend our time about 3 weeks before the wedding day and that was super easy. Since it's a historical building, we couldn't have fireworks for grand exit, but we ended up with the glow sticks and the guests had so much fun with them even during the dance. We were bringing our drinks and it was so great we could serve our home brew. That actually narrowed down many of the venues I checked out. It was a deal breaker and I called so many places to make sure our home brew was happening on our wedding day. Also, I love that we could store things there so we don't have to load in and out all the DIY stuff the day of the wedding. Butler rents came in before the wedding day to drop off, and picked up after, so we waived the late night pick up fee as well. At first I thought parking was a problem because they have a small parking lot right outside the mansion. However, we had it on Sunday and the overflow parking lot across the street was all ours all day. That was just great for those who didn't plan on drinking much (we had a lot of booze leftover...). The piano is well tuned and my pianist played beautifully on it. The entire mansion could listen to that music. It was wonderful. We already know a friend is getting married at Grant Humphreys Mansion in April. It's a great place if you're not looking for a mountain venue.

D
Dallas Head

Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Venue, perfect people

The entire staff at Grant-Humphrey's were extremely helpful getting things setup and in place for us. They also were very flexible with making that day personal to us. As soon as we walked into the ... Read more venue, it was stunning and we knew that was the place to be! Would always recommend them.

Mel
Mel Butler

Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful venue, super professional

I loved the Grant Humphreys Mansion (GHM) because it comes already decorated in a lot of ways-- there are paintings and interesting pieces of furniture and murals. I didn't like the sterile feeling of ... Read more a lot of "event spaces," and the GHM comes with so much history it's impossible for anything to feel bland. It also makes for FANTASTIC pictures. Because it was a house built for entertaining, they're able to both have a lot of connected spaces and keep an intimate feeling. The mansion has a few restrictions -- no amplified music after a certain hour, no red wine in the bedrooms, stuff like that -- but none of it cramped our style. We were able to have a bride & groom meal upstairs in the bedrooms so we could eat without having to socialize at the same time. We had about 60 people and they fit comfortable in the main living room for the ceremony, and then reception seating in the dining room and library. If you choose one of their preferred vendors for catering, you're guaranteed to have a seamless joining of minds on who is responsible for what (tables, linens, etc). The required vendor meeting-up and walkthrough meeting about a month beforehand was fantastic for shaking out all those "oh have you thought about this" items that, as a first time bride, I had in fact NOT thought of. The venue provided a walk-in, locking closet that we could store items in the day before so that the day-of was a little less hectic as far as logistics. My other half was a little worried the venue administrators would be "stuffy," since it is part of the Colorado Historical society and we're pretty off-center, but he was pleasantly surprised by their practicality, professionalism, and friendliness.