Great River Golf Club

Milford, Connecticut · View map · Visit website

About Great River Golf Club

Great River Golf Club is a top banquet facility and wedding venue located in Milford, Connecticut, nestled along the Housatonic River. The venue features a nationally ranked and picturesque golf course that provides a glorious backdrop for weddings of all kinds. The staff at the venue also provides personalized quality services and options to fit your unique event desires and budget; as a couple, you’ll be treated to a variety of options to work with to make your event memorable. Your wedding will be hosted in luxurious style in the sun-drenched ballroom that also offers you a customized menu of American cuisine prepared especially for you. There is also a bridal concierge who will greet you upon arrival, and stay by your side throughout the entire evening. Great River Golf Club is also pleased to only host one event at a time, so you will have a completely dedicated event staff during the entire duration of your event.

Facilities and Capacity

Great River Golf Club has a fabulous ballroom facility that can provide accommodations for up to 180 guests during your wedding event. Before your reception, you will exchange your vows during an outdoor ceremony at the gazebo that overlooks the beautifully manicured golf course. In case of inclemant weather, there is also a back up ceremony and cocktail hour location, underneath the brick "Breezway". The expertly landscaped grounds, waterfall, and clock tower that surround this space are wonderful features that will help to create memorable wedding photographs. There is also a luxurious bridal room available for the bride and bridesmaids. Your cocktail hour can be held on the gorgeous outdoor patio that is also privy to some pretty amazing views.

Great River Golf Club provides wedding event packages that are both affordable and customizable. You can also use these packages to stay within your event budget. Services offered in their event packages include pre-event coordination services, event planning services, implementation of vendor services, in-house catering services, and event rentals. Other services offered include:

• Setup and cleanup
  • Wireless internet
  • Glassware, flatware, and china

Cuisine

Great River Golf Club offers five hour long catering services that include an open bar with premium liquors, a champagne toast, an hour of stationed and butler passed hors d’oeuvres, a specialty salad course, multiple entree selections, and traditional wedding cake services. There are also menu customization options available. Other catering services offered include:

• Wine service

B
Featured
Brittany Cassese

Married on 06/08/2019

Made my dreams come true

I literally cannot say enough about Great River. They made my wedding dreams come true. Gail, Erin, and the team there made sure my wedding was everything I wanted and more. I didn't have to worry the ... Read more day of they set up everything for us. They treated me like a princess. The grounds itself are so beautiful its breath taking. My guests couldn't stop talking about the wedding as whole. The food was good the bartenders were very responsive with no lines waiting for drinks. If I could do my wedding over again I wouldn't change this venue at all

Alexandria
Alexandria Ponzio

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding Review

We got married on April 27, 2019 and I cannot say enough good things about Great River Golf Club. This venue is a beautiful combination of elegance an intimacy. I worked with Gail, Erin and Julianne ... Read more and they are all wonderful in their own way. The day of our wedding we felt no stress at all and I wish I could relive that day everyday at Great River. My favorite thing about Great River is that it is an intimate setting and they only hold one wedding at a time. As a bride, this was a big deal for me. To all future brides, I will recommend Great River Golf Club for my entire life !!!

Leti
Leti Benigno

Married on 07/13/2019

GR exceeded our expectations!

Where do I even begin… My (now) husband and I had our wedding reception at Great River Golf Club this summer— we cannot thank the staff enough! From the first meetings to the sparkler sendoff they ... Read more fulfilled all of our expectations, plus more! Gail, Erin and Julianne made us feel completely comfortable and did whatever it took to make us feel stress-free and at ease. They went above and BEYOND to take care of all of our needs and wants. Their level of professionalism is outstanding - from the early days of planning to the execution of the event, they never once failed to accommodate. The day of the wedding Julianne ensured that I ate, stayed hydrated, fixed my dress & makeup during the photo shoot and even helped put on the heel stoppers on my shoes to ensure I wouldn’t damage them as I walked through the grass. My favorite drink is a lychee martini and although they had never heard of this drink, they researched and were able to make quite a delicious lychee martini on the day of the wedding—these ladies know customer satisfaction! The space is incredible, and they nailed our vision in every way (even surprised us with the chairs I wanted). The FOOD...AMAZING. All of our guests commented about how delicious the food was, and how they couldn't get enough of it. They raved about how attentive the staff were. Our friends and family also couldn't believe how smoothly everything ran. This proved how incredibly well the entire team works together to ensure that every moment of the day ran seamlessly. We can't thank the team enough for the time and effort they put into making this truly, the best day ever!!