Greystone Hall

West Chester, PA · View map · Visit website

About Greystone Hall

Greystone Hall, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, is a historic mansion wedding venue just outside of Philadelphia. The secluded Tudor-Jacobean mansion is nestled on an English-style country estate, making it ideal for classic weddings inspired by vintage elements. From the stately architecture to the manicured grounds, your guests will be treated to a dreamy experience.

Facilities and Capacity

At Greystone Hall, your ceremony will take place on the formal terraced garden by the wrought iron arbor. The space overlooks the lush estate and a 56-column pergola. Cocktails can be enjoyed in the mansion and the North Garden, complete with a marble fountain and benches. Inside, the Iron and Glass Palm Room in the mansion features woodwork antiques, decorative carpets, and stunning architecture. The Tent-Pavilion offers space for dinner, dancing and mingling. It is easily accessible from the mansion and lit up by twinkling lights. As the sun sets, the garden fountains and statues will create a dramatic backdrop against the lighting. Couples can host up to 250 guests at this venue.

Regardless of your wedding size or theme, the team is ready to provide excellent service. They have a range of wedding-related services, including:

• Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Cake
  • Cake cutting
  • Servers
  • Approved vendor list
  • Lighting and sound

Cuisine

Greystone Hall has a list of wedding caterers to choose from. Each vendor will work with your vision to create a menu that speaks to your style. Serving styles include formal plated meals, stations, and buffets. They are happy to accommodate dietary requests, children’s menus, ethnic cuisine, and vegetarian alternatives.

Other Facilities

This classic wedding venue can provide a private room for use as a bridal suite. On-site parking, valet parking, wheelchair access, and shuttle services are also available.

Other Services

Greystone Hall is able to host your bridal shower, engagement party, ceremony, and reception. Wedding-related items for rent include:

• Tents
  • Altar and arches
  • Chairs
  • Decor
  • Furniture

History

Greystone has been hosting weddings for more than two decades. Its history started in 1907 when the estate was built for Philip M. Sharples, an inventor, and manufacturer. The mansion was designed by Philadelphia architect Charles Barton Keen. Sharples and his family lived at the estate until 1935. After Greystone foreclosed during the Great Depression, the Sharples moved to California and about half of the property was sold. In 1942, Aram K. Jerrehian bought Greystone and the rest of the estate, where several Jerrehian generations lived.

Location

The wedding venue is 40 minutes from Philadelphia, 45 minutes from Reading and 55 minutes from Greystone Hall. It is 35 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport and 55 minutes from Trenton, New Jersey.

41 Reviews for Greystone Hall

41 Greystone Hall Reviews

Olivia
Featured
Olivia Piatkowski

Married on 05/25/2019

Dream wedding venue

There is so much to say... Greystone is a must-see/must-consider venue! It is absolutely STUNNING! The building has so much character. It is vintage, classy and elegant. The landscaping is amazing. The ... Read more ability to have your ceremony and reception in the same location is ideal. We held a Christian ceremony and felt that the intimacy and meaningfulness of our ceremony in Greystone's garden was wonderful. Elizabeth is the owner and will also serve as your "day-of" coordinator. She is fabulous. I thank her for her patience, execution, and knowledge. The staff is excellent and they will make your wedding perfect. Finally, Greystone has an "approved list" of vendors that they exclusively work with. This list is the MOST HELPFUL thing ever! Every vendor on that list is top-notch professional, reliable, and a master of their craft. You can't make a bad choice with any of Greystone's approved vendors. Having "fewer options" actually makes your job as a bride much easier, and every one of our vendors turned out phenomenal. I urge you to check out Greystone and trust me when I say it is a one-of-a-kind venue! We had the best wedding day!!!

K
Kimberly

Married on 09/09/2017

We had the privilege of getting married at Greystone Hall 11 years ago. We had everything we wished for at a beautiful, historical venue with a wonderful staff and highly recommend it to anyone who ... Read more wants to have memorable wedding day. Our guests still comment today on what a unique and elegant place where our wedding was held.

K
Kendra

Married on 07/22/2017

I want to write this while the memory of all that Elizabeth and her staff did for me on our wedding day was still fresh in my mind. My husband and I were married at Greystone, on July 22, 2017. The ... Read more weather was beautiful up until 5:30 p.m. when I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. The clouds started to become heavy and dark, chairs from the reception area were promptly moved inside. Around 5:45 p.m. the sky opened up and poured down with side swept winds and they told me I won the award for the heaviest downpour ever on a wedding day! Not sure I wanted to receive such an award, but determined not to let it rain on my parade, I walked down the aisle in the great hall to meet my husband. During the ceremony the staff wiped down all the tables, squeegied the dance floor and the carpeting. ( All were completely dry once we started the reception.) Once the ceremony ended, we were blessed with an open blue sky and less humidity. We enjoyed our cocktail hour with our guests outside and they were able to fully appreciate the beauty that is Greystone. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Elizabeth and the staff at Greystone were to my husband and me. I did not worry about one thing the entire day. Truly it was like the home was ours and we just enjoyed every moment from start to finish. All of my guests were in awe of this hidden and tucked away gem of Chester County. I looked at eight other venues and the minute I walked into Greystone Hall, I had that Ah-hah moment. So to all who are considering a venue, visit Greystone Hall and find your Ah-hah moment.