Grits n Gravy Music

North Hollywood, CA · View map

About Grits n Gravy Music

Grits n Gravy Music provides world-class live entertainment for those who want a unique, authentic experience — it's the cure for the common cover band.

Unforgettable Events

We want to help you take your wedding to the next level. To create an experience that is exceptional and engaging — memorably different. "I have never seen a band like this at a wedding. This was amazing!" Our bands go beyond the cookie-cutter cover band approach, and deliver the indelible.

Uncommon Music

We don't try to sound like the radio. If you want "YMCA" we may not be the choice for you. We offer unique styles, surprising song choices, and unconventional instrumentation on vintage instruments. Grits n Gravy delivers an experience that is fun and fresh?—?and every bit as satisfying as the party classics/?standards.

There are many options under the GnG umbrella...

Woody's Big Surprise - One part Motown, one part Chicago, with a dash of Memphis & Philadelphia soul thrown in, Woody's Big Surprise mixes blue-eyed soul vocals, rippin' sax and a burning band. Bringing to mind names like Al Green, Marvin Gaye and Steve Winwood, WBS is a delicious recipe for a party!

Rumproller Organ Trio - Utilizing the classic sounds of the Hammond B3 organ, RUMPROLLER transports audiences back to the nightclubs, cocktail parties and lounges of the 1950s, '60s and '70s. Their repertoire includes Jazz Standards, R&B, Soul, Gospel, Indie Rock and Contemporary Remixes.

Brass Monkey Brass Band - Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, second-line parades — all the flavors of New Orleans come to town when BRASS MONKEY brings their infectious energy and funky good times to the party. From New Orleans classics to Led Zeppelin, Nirvana and Stevie Wonder — laissez les bons temps rouler!

Lush Life - A lounge-noir ensemble that marries the Great American Song Book with jazz standards, Blues and beyond. Dawn Bishop's sultry vocals are cool enough to put a chill on a sophisticated evening and hot enough to burn down the house.

11 Reviews for Grits n Gravy Music

11 Grits n Gravy Music Reviews

L
Leslie

Married on 05/28/2017

We had the Rumproller Organ Trio at our wedding and they were INCREDIBLE. Rumproller has now played 3 weddings that I've been to (including my own) and they kill it every time. Kevin was also amazing ... Read more amazing to work with and really quick to respond and he even made the effort to come to our vendor walkthrough which I really appreciated. BOOK THEM!

J
Janica

Married on 09/04/2016

My husband I are a very big fans of this very talented group! From the first time we saw them play at Sassafrass we were blown away and they had us coming back every Monday just to see them perform! ... Read more They will take you on an amazing ride with their huge selection of songs they play and intertwine. We loved them so much we asked for them to play our wedding. I walked down the isle to "here come the bride" on the oregon. They also played for our cocktail hour and the first half of the evening. Also, to include that I had a very special request. We wanted them to play our first dance songs "When I Fall In Love" and "Love Never Felt So Good". That last song was not on their original list but they learned it, practiced it, and nailed it!! We couldn't have been happier!!! I wish I could give them more stars becaus 5 isn't enough. They are all very talented, professional, and fun!!! ❤️ The Flaherty Family

D
David

Married on 08/20/2016

Brass Monkey Brass Band was an amazing addition to our wedding. The group played for cocktail hour, and our guests and wedding staff raved about the band. The music selection was perfect and each ... Read more musician was excellent. For our outdoor setting, the volume and energy was just right- our guests could comfortably chat and the music was appropriate for some guests to dance. The band and management were professional from start to finish, communicating both with us and our week-of coordinator. We would recommend these guys without hesitation. If you are looking for a jazz group, particularly a New Orleans styled group, do not miss out on Brass Monkey!