Gunnar Cook - Photographer

Hastings, MN · View map

About Gunnar Cook - Photographer

My name is Gunnar. I have been a photographer for most of my adult life and am currently based near St Paul, Minnesota.

My passion for photography has always gone hand in hand with my craving for adventure. I love to travel and explore – I almost always feel most at home when I am abroad, meeting new friends and enjoying the company of old ones (always with camera in hand, of course). I prefer to venture off the beaten path in order to create unique and authentic images.

I get excited when I’m able to incorporate the environment into my photographs, as I often find it enriches the story-telling process and adds another dimension to the images. In the current Pinterest-filled world of wedding photography I think it is important to remember that the big picture is equally as significant as the small details.

My approach to photography is natural and easygoing; I aim to get the best images by connecting with my clients and encouraging them to have fun with each other. I prefer to photograph the natural interaction of a couple rather than choreographing every moment of a session. For me, every shot represents an opportunity to capture an honest moment, and I love to work with clients who share this view.

5 Reviews for Gunnar Cook - Photographer

5 Gunnar Cook - Photographer Reviews

User4197180

2+ years ago

I couldn’t give Gunnar a higher review! Because we live on the other side of the country, my husband and I did a Skype session with him to get to know him and ask him questions before deciding on our ... Read more photographer, and that was really helpful because we got a feel for each other and realized we’d get along great for the big day! Although we traveled to Gunnar, he is more than willing to travel around the world for clients! Unlike most photographers we looked at, Gunnar’s wedding photography is truly art, not posed and predictable like most. Gunnar’s willingness to give unlimited time on the big day (rather than a certain amount of hours like most photographers) is a HUGE plus! His humor, laid-back yet very professional attitude and gorgeous use of light in photography is rare. Honestly couldn't give him a higher recommendation!

S
Sonja

Married on 05/11/2013

Gunnar is an extraordinary photographer. He does what it takes to get the shot. Gunnar is personable, friendly, professional, goofy, and even shared his skittles with me through out our wedding day. ... Read more Gunnar captures light differently than a standard photographer. He captures little candid moments better than others I've seen and can make an intimate moment show in an image. Gunnar cares how you feel in front of the camera. His photography packages come with a free engagement shoot. He wants you to get used to being photographed and he wants to find your best shots. If you want a photographer that will be in the background quietly capturing your day, he can do that, but he also will stealthily be where he needs to be. I promise you will not be disappointed with this man. Also, do the Photo Booth. Our guests loved it.

E
Elyce

Married on 01/21/2012

Gunnar is awesome! We loved him. He had creative ideas for our space that he executed calmly. Our wedding party and family were fun and free and Gunnar rolled with all of them naturally. Everything ... Read more was captured with style. We also hired Gunnar for his photo booth services after the dance started and it was a BLAST for us and for our guests! It was set up so our guests could see their poses on a screen in front of them and snap the picture when they were ready. Everyone had a great time with the photo booth and Gunnar picked the perfect back drop for the set up. This photo booth option far surpasses any of those traveling photo booths out there! Great memories! :-) Last but not least, 3 days before our wedding day, we decided we wanted professional pictures taken of us to display at the receiption in lieu of a slideshow. With that short of notice, he met us, took great pictures, edited them and had them ready for our review the next day! Talked about accommodating! We will call on Gunnar anytime we want professional pictures. He's a natural talent.