Gwendolyn Pellegrino Photography

Bantam, Connecticut · View map · Visit website

About Gwendolyn Pellegrino Photography

Hello! My name is Gwen and I am dedicated to capturing images infused with the beauty and emotion of real life. I photograph weddings with a storyteller’s heart to show my dear clients how their lives are poignant, rich, and filled with artistic truths. I call Connecticut my home, but happily travel throughout New England and beyond to tell my clients’ meaningful stories.

For 11 years now, it’s been my purpose to reveal beautiful moments of truth to my clients through my images. To show them that art and beauty resides in each of their lives. That their lives are remarkable! But it’s more than a business model. It’s my calling in life. I believe it is how I can make my tiny slice of the world a better place.

I believe that all life is beautiful. Even a bride’s tears messing with her mascara. Or a groomsman whose nerves got in the way of his remembering socks. It might not be pretty, but it is true. And therefore, it is beautiful.

I’ve never been interested in creating “perfect” images where everyone is smiling at the camera. (I mean of course I will because parents like that. ) My passion though is reality. I seek to capture who you are, not just what you look like. I’m driven to capture authentic images in all their beauty, humor, and occasional nuttiness.

And the best way for me to capture my lovely clients' authentic selves is for us to be comfortable with each other. And comfort happens with an abundance of opportunities to connect and show kindness and caring. So everything in my business is done by me. Shooting the engagement session and wedding. Emails. Designing albums and thank you cards. Meetings with clients.

Because the more we talk, spend time together, or share some snacks in the studio during a meeting, the more relaxed we’ll be with each other. And the more able you’ll be to reveal your true self in front of my camera.

By doing all this, I can also be ensured that everything has my artistic vision. For example, I’m shooting to tell your story. To me, it doesn’t make sense to have a stranger edit the images or layout your album. Emails, meetings, shootings, designing: it’s a labor of love. Truly. And it’s how I feel I can best serve my clients.

Furthermore, how I’ve shaped my business is so very personally fulfilling because it is an extension of how I strive to live my life. With kindness, commitment, wonder, joyfulness, and authenticity. Business and life seamlessly work together for me.

I so hope to capture your art-full life with my heart! The camera is just my tool. These images will reflect how I see your world. A life full of beauty, fun, and joy. They are my gift to you.

If you see life as lovely, whimsical, and yes, even happily absurd as well, I would love to chat with you! And even better, host you here at the studio with delicious treats served on my grandmother’s china.

Take care! ~ Gwen

Gwendolyn Pellegrino Photography offers a range of wedding photography services, including:

• Engagement shoot

H
Featured
Heather

Married on 08/06/2016

Gwendolyn was recommended to me by one of my colleagues, so I figured I would "check her out". Right from the start she was easy to get in contact with, and very accommodating to my crazy/busy ... Read more schedule. Having Gwen as our photographer was the icing on the cake. She not only did our engagement session, but when it was time to send out our "save the date" cards, people said they have never seen photos so breathtaking before. My friends still have her photos up on their refrigerator. On the wedding day, Gwen came early in the morning to make sure she didn't miss any bit or our special day. She did a great job capturing every moment of our wedding and didn't seem to miss a beat. It was like having 10 photographers at our wedding but she did all the work. When my husband and I were looking at our photos, I kept saying, "How did she get EVERYTHING?". Plus, I didn't even know she was there. The pictures she took told the story of our day. We could feel the love and energy of Gwen in the way she worked with us and our families. I know there are a lot of photographers, and good ones to say the least. But Gwen is more than just a photographer, she is an AMAZING human being. She captures the most candid moments, so that when you look back, you can easily relive those precious moments. Gwen definitely helped make our day feel even more special, and we're so incredibly happy with our choice of using Gwen as our photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We HIGHLY recommend her!

A
Annie

Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing Photographer!

Our photographer for our wedding, Gwen, was the best choice we ever made. Being the Bride-to-Be and going through all the wedding planning and organizing, the photographer was the most important piece ... Read more of the puzzle for an amazing wedding day. They are the ones who capture moments throughout the most special day in someone's life. The moments that you know for sure that you want to cherish for years down the road, and the fun and beautiful moments that you didn't know took place but managed to capture. Gwen 100% met those needs to the fullest with such patience and kindness that is sometimes hard to find these days, The love and time she puts into each and every photo is absolutely incredible and can't thank her enough for sharing our special day with us!

C
Chelsea Mendoza

Married on 09/08/2018

Lovely & Personable

Gwen was amazing from the start. She had heard my story from another person and reached out to me personally. My fiance and I decided upon an elopement so everything was quite last minute. Gwen was ... Read more flexible to work with and always keeping in communication with me. She got to the ceremony site early to evaluate the lighting and grounds. Gwen is not your normal wedding photographer that is right there on top of the couples. She has multiple different cameras and lenses and moves all around during the ceremony to capture all different angles which really was wonderful as now looking at our photos I can really see and remember every little detail that surrounded that moment in time. She chose beautiful backgrounds and landscapes for our portraits after the ceremony as well. I truly am grateful that I went with Gwen for our wedding photography.