Hair By Britt

White Plains, NY · View map · Visit website

About Hair By Britt

Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

My name is Britt and I’ve had the pleasure of styling hair for brides for over fifteen years! I reside in Peekskill, NY with my fiancé, Mike and our dog Charlie. Although, I have an at-home salon station, which is where I hold most bridal hair trials, I travel all over as an onsite stylist to the place of your convenience to ensure the morning of your wedding is smooth and carefree!

The Hair Trial:
Each bride of mine is different from the other. And, each bride has their own unique look and style. When I meet a new bride for the first time, it is my job to work with them to find the look they love. The first meet and consultation is crucial. It’s my job to listen to the thoughts and interests of my brides, so I can create the look they envision for their hair on their wedding day.

Wedding Day Hair Schedule:
I am a highly organized person, which is important when showing up the morning of a wedding to style hair for parties of five or more. Two weeks before the big day, each bride of mine will receive a schedule made up with time-slots and appointments for each person in the party in need of services. The bride and I work together in creating the day-of hair schedule. And each bride can rest assure, knowing the schedule guarantees to keep everyone on track, allowing the rest of the day to unfold smoothly.

Education:
Keeping up with the latest hair trends is key to being a well-rounded stylist.

I’ve had the privilege over the years to train at the Toni and Guy, Loreal, and Wella Academy. I have worked in Las Vegas, and Los Angeles, as a platform artist for Turbo Power, sharing my knowledge and skills with other stylists.

I have been a licensed cosmetologist for over fifteen years, and within those years, I went back to college and finished my degrees. I have a B.S. in English literature, education and research. I also have a Masters in Fine Arts in writing. When I am not galivanting around and styling hair for brides, I am home with Charlie, writing and developing my upcoming novel series, The Pace of Nature, which charts the life of fifteen-year-old Lilly Difeo, a mixed-up girl whose parents drop and abandon her at a boot-camp boarding school, where she is forced to face her personal demons.

108 Reviews for Hair By Britt

108 Hair By Britt Reviews

K
Featured
Kerrie

Married on 03/22/2018

Britt and her assistant Gina made me and my bridal party look beautiful for my wedding on 3/23/18. She showed up on time and worked quickly and efficiently to set and style all 10 girls! She was ... Read more patiently, friendly, and is amazingly talented with the ability to look at any pinterest photo my girls threw at her and bring it to life! Not only did she create beautiful styles, but they stayed put all night, even curls stayed in our hair for 10+ hours! Britt was absolutely amazing and I can't thank her enough for all the work she did to make us all look stunning!

R
Rachel

Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience!

I was really happy to have booked Britt for my wedding in late September. I especially appreciated her flexibility in trying some new hair accessories with me the day of the wedding (ultimately ... Read more decided to stick with what we agreed on during our trial), and to do a later start time for the bridal party since we didn't want to have to start getting ready at 8 AM. All of the girls loved the way the looked, and Britt and her assistant Gina breezed through all of them right on schedule. Britt came back for touch-ups right before my ceremony which made a big difference, too.

C
Caroline

Married on 09/28/2018

Incredibly talented!!

I used Britt for my hair and my bridesmaid's hair for my wedding last month and she was amazing! She is incredibly talented and an absolute artist! I met with her for a trial several months before ... Read more the wedding and we tried several different hairstyles,all of which looked fabulous!! For my wedding day, Britt made custom hair extensions which matched my hair color perfectly and styled my hair in a beautiful half back style with loose curls. My hair looked beautiful and natural and was exactly like I has envisioned it! All of my bridesmaids looked gorgeous -- everyone's hair looked gorgeous and stayed throughout the night! I would absolutely recommend Britt to anyone looking for an amazing and talented hair stylist for their wedding day!!