Hartley Botanica

Somis, California · View map · Visit website

About Hartley Botanica

A tropical wedding venue in Somis, California, Hartley Botanica is a picture straight out of a fairytale. Walk amongst gorgeous archways rich in vegetation and understand the beauty of the natural world. This is the perfect location for a couple whose roots grow as deep as the grand trees at Hartley Botanica and are looking for a unique outdoor garden setting.

Facilities and Capacity
This lovely botanical garden offers two event spaces, all outdoor, some areas covered and some uncovered. With a range of 25 - 375 guest capacity, you choose anywhere from an intimate ceremony to a Gatsby-esque grand reception.

Very little transformation is needed to make this event space an exquisite wedding venue, what with the lovingly groomed landscape across the three acres of land. However, Hartley Botanica also offers:

• Bridal suite
  • All-inclusive packages
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • In-house bar
  • In-house catering
  • Preferred vendors and outside vendors
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals

34 Reviews for Hartley Botanica

34 Hartley Botanica Reviews

Katie
Katie

Married on 09/30/2018

Hartley Botanica is a MAGICAL place to get married!

We could not be happier with our choice to be married at Hartley Botanica. It was magical - a total fairytale, and we're STILL hearing from our guests about how stunning the venue was. One of my ... Read more favorite things about Hartley Botanica is how expansive the venue is. Each aspect of your special day happens in a different area of the grounds, giving you and your guests the feeling of being transported to separate, enchanting places for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The grounds are absolutely stunning and very well taken care of. The lush greenery, gorgeous flowers and chirping birds made you feel like you're in a tropical, botanical garden far outside of Somis, CA. Hartley is also a great option because of it's included planning and flexibility with vendors. PROS: you don't have to decide on a caterer because it's decided for you (Command Performance - their food is amazing). You have an onsite bridal suite and groomsmen quarters to get ready in if you choose. You're able to bring in your own alcohol (HUGE cost savings) as well as your own vendors for entertainment, decor, etc. Parking, valet, cake cutting and many other costly line items are included in their fee, making it feel more like one-stop shopping as opposed to getting nickel & dimed. Barbarba, Hartley's owner, is extremely responsive and accommodating - she truly enjoys having couples get married and create lifelong memories on her property. We are very impressed and beyond happy about how our wedding turned out - we couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Austinae
Austinae

Married on 08/25/2018

Ahh, where do I even start! Hartley Botanica is the most gorgeous, magical, and fairytale venue I have ever encountered! This place is truly a gem! We saw pictures and thought it was beautiful, but ... Read more seriously I think the photos on the site do not do it justice, because seeing it in person will really blow you away! We immediately fell in love with this place the moment we stepped foot on the grounds & starting walking under the archway--an absolute dream. I seriously found any excuse that I could to go and visit before & after the wedding. When I got engaged, I started pinning my "dream wedding" on Pinterest the & aesthetics & elements that I gravitated towards. I actually didn't have a vision, setting, or theme in mind just yet. What I realized as I started to pin was that I fell in love and gravitated towards the fairytale, romantic, elegant, whimsical, garden look & feel. What's even funnier is that (before I had even ever heard of Hartley let alone booked the venue), I actually pinned a ceremony picture of Hartley because I thought it looked gorgeous. Months later (after we had already booked the venue), I realized that I had already pinned the venue of our dreams! Needless to say, Hartley was basically our dream wedding venue before WE even knew it! Everything about this place is impeccable, as this place was specifically made for weddings. There is so much greenery & space that you really feel like this place is your own on your special day. The ceremony setting, cocktail area, reception venue, and all the cute & exquisite nooks and crannies really are incredible--they really thought this one through down to ever last detail. Barbara, Karen, & Bel were all such sweethearts and very easy to work with! They made the planning process & experience very seamless, and we didn't experience any hiccups whatsoever working with them. If you want the fairytale, garden wedding of your dreams, this is it!

C
Christina

Married on 06/30/2018

Just Perfect!

Barbara and Karen are so incredibly professional, patient, and courteous. I truly wish I could rate them, and their absolutely perfect venue, higher! We were so lucky to have worked with them and ... Read more their amazing crew. Our wedding was not only fantastic and beautiful, but EXACTLY what we wanted. Barbara and Karen get back to you in a timely manner and facilitate with any curveballs the day (or days leading up to the big day) throw at you. We are so, so, so happy to have had them as our coordinators! Karen also worked really well with our vendors and could not have been more kind or energetic (especially since she was with us for 6 hours+). Barbara was completely understanding of all of our concerns, specially with regard to security. Their equipment was state of the art and our day was timeless and impeccable. 10/10+ would recommend to anyone!