The Hastings House

Half Moon Bay, CA · View map · Visit website

About The Hastings House

Hastings House Garden is a beautiful, uncovered, outdoor, wedding venue located in coastal Half Moon Bay, California. The garden area is a one-of-a-kind site that is the perfect location for both romantic and picturesque wedding ceremonies, elopements and vow renewals. Hastings House Garden is situated right on the edge of the scenic Pacific Ocean in a private garden setting. You are filled with the beauty and scents of the garden, accented with sea breezes. Located overlooking the ocean and beach, Hastings House provides you with an intimate setting surrounded by coastal trees.

Facilities and Capacity
This classic and coastal styled garden venue has a maximum capacity of about 100 guests. Their one event space acts as a unique Pacific Coast garden, the perfect place to hold a gorgeous ceremony. The garden is designed to be blooming throughout the year in various colors, with peak bloom season in spring, summer and fall. All year round, you can expect the gardens to be filled with lush greenery and flowering shrubs. The venue is so close to the ocean, you and your guests will enjoy the relaxing sound of crashing waves as well as songs birds throughout the duration of your stay.

Hastings House Garden provides their soon-to-be newlywed clients with personalized care from the owner Linda ( who is your planner and coordinator) and her husband Richard ( your musician) . Complete set up is included, no decorating is necessary since the garden is so lovely. The venue is wheelchair accessible and also provides nearby parking. The owners, Linda and Richard take pride is helping make this the best day of your life and the wedding of your dreams. Some of the other services that Hastings House Garden offers include both clean up and set up services, event rentals and liability insurance.

29 Reviews for The Hastings House

29 The Hastings House Reviews

L
Featured
Leanne

Married on 03/28/2015

We had the best experience working with The Hastings House. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Booking online without seeing a venue can be risky but I would absolutely recommend ... Read more going with The Hastings House! Linda was extremely helpful in the planning of the wedding putting any nerves we had at ease. She was always responsive and willing to offer suggestions on where to stay, which officiants she has worked with, local reception venues, etc. Overall we've gotten the best response from friends and family as they were all impressed with the amazing photos that Linda took. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding day. Thank you Linda for all of your help!

C
Carey

Married on 09/22/2018

We came to know about Hastings House from attending our friends' wedding last year, so when it was our turn, it was at the top of the list, and it did not disappoint. Linda is beyond helpful and ... Read more patient with the various questions I had throughout the process. She is a seasoned pro at this, and really helped put me at ease with just a week to go by patiently giving me pointers and extremely useful suggestions to make sure that the whole thing would go smoothly. On the day of, I did not feel the need to hire a day-of wedding planner with Linda at helm. She really helped direct the whole thing beautifully to make sure everything stayed on schedule; she was also super nice to the parents, the bridal/groom party, and the photographer crew. The setting itself is spectacular. Situated right across from the gorgeous Pacific Ocean, the garden is gorgeous, serene, and perfect for a relatively smaller wedding (we had ~80 guests). There are plenty of spots to take group and individual pictures around the garden as well. I absolutely loved (and still love!) the elegance and classy atmosphere it imparts. Highly recommended.

L
Lisa

Married on 08/22/2017

Hastings House My husband and I had our wedding here late last summer and it was an absolute dream. I had been searching for wedding spots all over the place including destination weddings and when my ... Read more my friend and I saw this garden, I became teary eyed. I knew this venue was perfect. The garden is so peaceful and it gives off a simple outdoorsy yet beautifully elegant vibe that I was in love with. You can tell that a lot of work, care, and love has been given to the garden, which made me love it even more. Linda was extremely prompt answering all questions that I had and she was a great person to work with. She knows a lot about Half Moon Bay and gives you a list of nearby places to hold reception, get flowers, and officiants. She is upfront about her pricing and there were absolutely no hidden costs. We had a small wedding with under 50 guests and it was perfect, (the garden can hold more people though). Need a photographer? Have Linda do the photography! Linda and an assistant took our photos, and they turned out amazing. They even had photography shades and reflectors, (not sure of the proper term), to help get proper lighting outdoors. We received a lot of compliments on our photos and we're so appreciative! Overall, I give this venue 10 out of 5 stars. They go above and beyond to make sure that you have the wedding of your dreams. It was perfect. Thank you!