Haverlee Photography

Des Moines, IA · View map · Visit website

About Haverlee Photography

Haverlee Photography is a storyteller who just happens to use a camera to tell those stories. She's a single mama of three wild things, adventure seeker, and general seeker of beauty and joy. She always knew she was creative but had to find her niche. Photography was like finding the words to a language she already knew. She's fallen in love with wedding photography over the last few years. Self-declared hopeless romantic, she considers it such an honor to witness every part of the day and be allowed into sacred moments. She's there to tell the story as it unfolds, beautifully and imperfectly. As time goes on and the details get fuzzy, you'll look back on the photos and things will become even sweeter in your memories.

Haverlee is based out of Des Moines, Iowa but travels often and captures couples and families across the country. All wedding packages will include an engagement shoot and a second shooter, plus an online gallery of edited images to print, download, and share. Any travel fees will be minimal. Please contact Haverlee for additional details and information. She does additional shoots as well, from lifestyle family photo shoots, to sessions with new mothers, single parents, and high school seniors. Couples will feel seen, accepted, and understood with Haverlee.

3 Reviews for Haverlee Photography

3 Haverlee Photography Reviews

O
Featured
Olga

Married on 05/12/2018

Wonderful stress free experience from initial meeting to the day of!

Haverlee is an incredibly talented photographer! I cannot emphasize that enough. She was amazing to work with from the start. In the wedding industry where everything seems to be stressful, she was so ... Read more fun and easy to work with! Excellent communication throughout the process and she really listened and got to know us. She has an open light vibe about her that will make you feel at ease. Our photos were exactly what we had hoped for and more. I can't think of anyone else that could have captured the day more beautifully.

Jean
Jean

Married on 10/20/2018

We LOVE our wedding photos!

Haverlee was our wedding photographer and I can't reiterate this enough - she truly has a gift. She brought such a lovely, positive energy the day of and was so much fun to work with. She knew when to ... Read more when to sit back and let moments unfold and knew when to jump in and calmly and confidently direct people to get the shot. We hired a second shooter for the first half of the day and the two of them are a real team that have great communication skills with us, our group and each other. Our photos blew us away. It was so lovely to relive our day and see the details and moments we missed. Some people who weren't at the wedding saw the photos and said they felt like they were there - that's pretty powerful and a testament to Haverlee's talent. If you want to love your wedding photos and have your family and friends enjoy working with your photographer as much as you do, we can't recommend Haverlee enough!

Kate
Kate

Married on 08/26/2017

Hire Haverlee Now!

Anyone who is on this page looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. When we were looking for photographer, I was overwhelmed with options. I first looked at Haverlee's portfolios after ... Read more seeing a post on Facebook, and I was instantly a fan of her family photography. I was looking for a natural look that would really show our personalities, and would offer an honest look into our wedding day, and what we were feeling and experiencing. Her photos of parents and kids interacting, and kids interacting with each other, were so touching, fun, and authentic, that I knew I had to get in touch. About five months before our wedding, Haverlee took our engagement photos, and I was so pleased with the results. She listened to what we wanted, but also took shots that she thought would turn out well (I initially didn't think I wanted any artsy shots, but she talked me into a couple that became some of my favorites). When it came to our wedding, she did a great job staying on top of the schedule we had discussed, and was very patient with last minute photo requests. I was also grateful with how she directed the different shoots throughout the day (she kept us all in line with a sense of humor), and for the fact that she was up for anything. Finally, I definitely appreciated her excellent communication skills. If you want a wedding photographer that will truly care about her work and whose photos will make you remember your wedding as being even better than it actually was, contact Haverlee and book your wedding session NOW. You will not regret it.

Haverlee Photography FAQ