Hawkesdene

Andrews, North Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Hawkesdene

Imagine, for a moment, the celebration of a lifetime, with all your friends and family, on a private
and luxurious 54-acre mountain estate that is yours and yours alone for the duration of your
stay. This is Hawkesdene.

Nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains in Andrews, North Carolina, Hawkesdene is
located less than two hours west of Asheville and two hours north of Atlanta. This amazing
venue is unique in its exclusive privacy, a reunion-style wedding venue with onsite
accommodations for as many as 102 guests and event facilities for up to 125 guests. Our
special property hosts just one group at a time and includes personal use of the entire estate
with no curfews, elegant accommodations, beautifully manicured grounds and gardens, an
abundance of chef-created, delicious cuisine, with a professional event and service staff here
just for you.

Hawkesdene prides itself on its differentiation from “same-day” venues, in which you’re in and
you’re out so quickly. An extended stay here is about bringing all your close friends and family
together for a comfortable, relaxing, private getaway in the mountains.

Attention to detail here is second to none, as you’ll see the moment you arrive. Take a look at
past reviews from people who’ve celebrated here. The constant hands-on improvement of, and
investment in, the property is what helps keep Hawkesdene a place where expectations are
exceeded and memories that last forever are born. To see it is to love it.

FACILITIES
Our expansive property offers a host of spectacular backdrops and outdoor spaces for
ceremonies, all of which you can choose from before, and even on, your special day.

A very popular ceremony location is our covered bridge perched over Phillips Creek, framed by
woods that change with the seasons. Our open lawn is ideal for larger groups and boasts a
beautifully-designed pergola with lush floral gardens and mountain views.

Smaller, more intimate ceremonies have taken place with our llama and alpaca stable as a
stunning backdrop, where you’ll see our herd of llamas and alpacas grazing in the pasture.

Receptions are held in our spacious open-air pavilion, which is attached to the main house and
overlooks Phillips Creek. The pavilion includes custom-designed and matching farm tables and
dining chairs, lounge furniture, a grand stone fireplace, a brand-new audio/video sound system
with designated wi-fi, plus refrigerator storage for your alcohol beverages, a commercial
icemaker, and food & beverage stations. Dining typically takes place under the stars in our
adjacent pavilion courtyard. If need be, however, romantic clear or white-top tents can be set up
attached to the pavilion for additional covered space.

SERVICES
Hawkesdene offers venue rental for weddings, reunions and other social or corporate retreat
events. Our on-site planning team and day-of coordinator will be here to ensure your event runs
smoothly and according to your wishes. Our in-house culinary team is a talented bunch who
provide delectable farm-to-table cuisine. We encourage you to bring your own alcohol
beverages which will be refrigerated and/or stored for convenient reach at no charge.

Event services include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Event planning
• Day-of coordination
• Lounge furniture, custom matching farm tables and dining chairs,
ceremony chairs plus cross-back reception chairs
• Linens and a large collection of décor options to choose from
• Bridal suite with adjacent bridal salon
• Game room “man cave” with ping-pong and pool tables, a 70-inch satellite TV,
a bar and game tables
• Massive fire pit to warm up everyone’s spirits
• No curfews – the property is yours to enjoy 24/7
• Event set up, breakdown and clean up
• Privacy & complete exclusivity
• Flexible schedule for your utmost convenience

*Ask about our welcome suppers and rehearsal dinner services.

ACCOMMODATIONS & MORE
The Hawkesdene estate main house and numerous cottages provide super-luxurious bedding,
high-quality furniture, flat-screen HD television, washer & dryer, full kitchen, a variety of modern
amenities, and daily housekeeping.

On-site activities include dual corn-hole sets, horseshoe courts, a cement-court basketball with
netted hoop, llama and alpaca feeding, tire swings, hiking and so much more!

84 Reviews for Hawkesdene

84 Hawkesdene Reviews

Marc
Featured
Marc Pollack

Married on 06/08/2019

Fairytale Wedding At Hawkesdene Estate in North Carolina

We could write a book about the amazing experience we had making our son and his fiancé’s wedding at the Hawkesdene Estate in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. When we were searching for the ... Read more perfect place for a destination wedding, we kept coming across excellent reviews on Hawkesdene. We contacted them and we were invited by one of the owners, Rob, to come stay overnight for a full tour of the property. Jami, the manager, planner, host and simply the “everything”, spent a full day with us giving us a grand tour. It was like a vacation in and of itself. We were SOLD. But the decision belonged to our son and his fiancé. They went for their own visit and that sealed the deal. This was the beginning of a yearlong experience that resulted in the most beautiful wedding we could have ever imagined. Jami worked tirelessly with us to make sure we gave our kids the fairytale wedding they dreamed of. She was such an absolute pleasure and was like part of our family by the time our adventure was over. The entire staff of Hawkesdene was off the charts. The food was out of this world. The rooms and the property were kept in such immaculate condition. All of our requests were met with a Yes, Yes, Yes!!! No was simply not part of the vocabulary at Hawkesdene. The culmination of this amazing service came on the day of the wedding, well actually minutes before the wedding. It had been raining all day and we were forced to set up for the ceremony under the pavilion. Even though everything looked beautiful, we really wanted the ceremony outside under the beautiful canopy of trees. The ceremony was set for 5:30 and the weather started clearing at 4:30. Rob and Jami knew how bad we wanted the wedding outside, and at 5:00 they decided to make the change. It was amazing. They jumped into action and literally reset the entire ceremony location out under the trees in about 20 minutes. It was incredible to watch Jami and her staff in action! Suffice it to say, the ceremony was beautiful, the party a huge success, and our son, and now daughter-in-law, had the fantasy wedding they dreamed of for so long. Needless to say, if you are looking for the wedding of a lifetime, Hawkesdene is your place!!!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 08/03/2019

My Dream Wedding

We had our wedding at the Hawkesdene Estate on 8/3/19 and it was even better than I imagined it could be! We visited about a year and a half before our wedding date and fell in love with it ... Read more immediately. It was even more beautiful in person than what the internet showed us! We planned the wedding all the way from Michigan, which meant many emails back and fourth, mostly from me, asking Jami (the wedding coordinator) and Rob (the owner) a zillion questions. All questions were answered promptly and with great detail to ease any anxiety I had. They ALWAYS had an answer for me, and on a few occasions called me to explain things because it was just easier over the phone. Jami is simply amazing to work with. When we arrived to the estate for our wedding weekend, she went over all details with us before our guests arrived and then encouraged us to settle in ourselves before it got busy. As soon as our guests did arrive, they were blown away. One guest described it as casual elegance, which was perfect. They take care of the grounds and houses, but in a way that is relaxed and somewhat casual feeling. Not stark and rigid. The food was beyond amazing. Being a food reviewer, it was something that was super important to me at our wedding, and Chef Caroline did not disappoint. Breakfast and lunch was a amazing and they had tons of options for all of our guests. It was 5 star restaurant quality! A lot of our guests ate the meals, then took plates back to their cottage to snack on later :) The dinners we chose were fabulous! Every single one of my guests loved it all and made sure to tell us numerous times how great it was. We all joked, after returning home that it was a hard transition home because we didn't have breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared for us each day anymore. Our actual wedding day was great!! The Bridal salon was perfect for all of us gals to get ready. With our cottage right across from it, it was super easy to go back and fourth and use both spaces as we got ready. It was also great to have a overlook of the reception area. I was able to watch the Hakwesdene staff set up the tables, which was done exactly to my specifications! They didn't even have to bug me to ask anything because we had covered it all in both emails and in our final walk through meeting. Just before the ceremony, there was a threat of rain, so Jami pulled me aside to ask what I wanted to do. We ultimately decided to risk it and I'm glad that we did because it held off! Once we got to the pavilion for cocktail hour, the rain did start, so the staff acted quickly and moved all the tables inside under the pavilion. They were AMAZING! It happened so quickly that it was not disturbing to our guests. The rest of the night went off without a hitch! What I loved most (after the beauty of the entire estate) was that the staff made us feel like the property was OURS for the weekend. They stayed out of the way, but were accessible if needed. We were all truly able to relax. We didn't have many requests during our stay, but the ones we had were responded with quickness and kindness. It was terribly hard to leave that Sunday. I felt sad that I wouldn't be bugging Jami or Rob with my random questions. My only complaint is that I wish we could go back! I would recommend to anyonoe to have a whole wedding weekend rather than just the one day. We were able to mingle and socialize with all of our guests for two days before the wedding day. In doing this, we felt relaxed on the Big Day. We didn't feel pressure to move from table to table, making sure to talk to each guest. We were able to have fun with them because we had gotten that out of the way the days prior. Although the day did go fast, we felt as though we could actually be a part of it and enjoy it! If you are on the fence about Hakwesdene, BOOK IT! It's worth every dime. With how beautiful the setting is, we were able to do minimal decor and extras and it was still more beautiful than I ever imagined it could be! I could go on and on about it all. I encourage you to go and check it out for yourself! You'll love it!

Lauren
Lauren

Married on 06/29/2019

The best kept secret in wedding venues

We are still on a high from our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene. Our friends and family arrived Thursday and stayed till Sunday for our wedding weekend, and none of us wanted to leave on Sunday. Jami ... Read more was incredible throughout the planning and had everything absolutely handled before I could even consider it. the food was incredible, the cake was the best I've ever tasted, the grounds were impeccable. It gave our guests plenty of space to roam but intimate enough to bring friends and family together in a way they're raving about days later. I saw guests have a better time than I've ever seen them have. The staff had everything done before I could even think of it, giving me a completely stress free bridal experience. It was perfect, and if I could give them 100 stars I would. It's worth it, pull the trigger on Hawkesdene.