Hawks Cay Resort

Marathon, FL · View map · Visit website

About Hawks Cay Resort

Hawks Cay Resort is a hotel wedding venue located in Marathon, Florida. This hotel wedding venue helps make all kinds of weddings and other special life events memorable for the couple of the hour along with all their friends and family. Hawks Cay Resort strives to deliver nothing less than flawless on your big day because this team believes that your wedding day should be exactly how you envisioned it to be.

Facilities and Capacity
Hawks Cay Resort offers a wide range of both indoor and outdoor wedding venue spaces for you to utilize on your big day. Many couples choose to host their ceremonies ocean front at either the sunset beach or sunset lawn. Both settings offer romantic and scenic views of the crystal blue waters and are surrounded by gorgeous landscaping. For receptions, cocktail hours, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, and other special events, there are a variety of spaces to choose from. The outdoor options include a poolside deck, a covered patio, and two different terraces, each offering a unique setting and accommodate events of different sizes. The indoor options that are available for your wedding celebration include the Dolphin Ballroom which can host up to 300 guests and the Overseas Ballroom which can host up to 350 guests. Both ballrooms are fully equipped with all the sound and PA equipment needed for your special event. On your big day, you will have access to bridal and groom’s suites so that the wedding parties can prepare before the day’s events and also freshen up between photoshoots and speeches. Since this wedding venue is also a hotel, all your friends and family can conveniently stay overnight on-site. With a wide range of rooms, suites, and villas to choose from, Hawks Cay Resort offers a lodging option that is perfect for every individual guest.

Hawks Cay Resort offers a variety of wedding packages for you to choose from. These packages range from all-inclusive packages for large scale events, to more modest packages for intimate ceremonies.

57 Reviews for Hawks Cay Resort

57 Hawks Cay Resort Reviews

Sara
Featured
Sara

Married on 09/21/2017

My “new” husband and cannot stop GUSHING over every part of our wedding weekend at Hawks Cay. Jennifer Tacey, her team, and everyone at Hawks Cay truly, truly made it such an incredible experience ... Read more from the very moment we contacted them. I remember arriving at Hawks Cay for the very first time...Hunter and I were blown away as soon as we walked in the lobby! It was beautiful and it just felt "right." Then walking into room 2226 and being greeted with a card, treats, and champagne! It was such a sweet and perfect gesture...crazy how something so simple can mean so much. At that time, we never thought we'd be able to swing a Hawks Cay wedding with our budget, but the glimmer of hope was still with us and we were just DYING to see the property and the possibilities of wedding venues. We met up with Jennifer later that day and I was so impressed by her knowledge of the property and how she could explain the various options in detail, and how it could all layout to make the perfect day. Of course, we fell in love with everything! I remember seeing the gazebo and just picturing it all so clearly how PERFECT it could be, and then Oceans and how uniquely shaped the room was, and how perfectly it fits in with our nautical theme! We were all in, and I (being a Type-A at times) had a million questions that Jennifer and her team answered with patience and ease. Yes, they deserve a medal for putting up with me. LOL! So, we signed the contract, and all the sudden we were back at Hawks Cay for our menu tasting. Again, we walk into the lobby and feel the overwhelming sense of happiness and just a sense of "being." We get to our room and again are greeted with a card, champagne, and rose petals on our bed in the shape of a heart, and more delicious treats! We are just blown away by the service and how Hawks Cay and Jennifer went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated. The tasting was out of this world! Brennan and Jennifer did an incredible job guiding us through the entire process and the whole time again, I'm just blown away! The Executive Chef came and met with us, explained what was about to happen, and kindly let us know that we could change anything on the menu that we did not like. The attention to detail the Executive Chef, Brennan, and Jennifer both made while preparing and walking us through the tasting was outstanding. We ate ourselves silly, and then went and enjoyed the rest of our time at Hawks Cay just dreaming about our wedding day, September 21, 2017, and imagining how perfect it will be here at Hawks Cay. Fast Forward a month (and two weeks before our wedding) we are being notified of a Category 5 hurricane (Irma) heading straight for the Keys and moving up the west coast of Florida. One of the first calls I received was from Jennifer at Hawks Cay! Let me just reiterate...They had the eye of a category 5 hurricane coming straight to them, and they called me...talk about customer service...Even though none of us knew what the outcome would be, Jennifer still kept me as calm as possible by constantly calling and giving me updates. The aftermath was devastating, to say the least, but again Jennifer was calling ensuring I was ok and telling me that we will figure everything out together. During this time my “at-the-time” fiancé and I were receiving regular updates from Jennifer about Hawks Cay. Her just being there to speak to us and give us the updates was a huge help. We were crushed when we heard Hawks Cay wasn't opening for almost a full year so we decided to maybe try to look at other venues. We looked far and wide, and nothing compared to Hawks Cay and we continually found ourselves saying "It's not Hawks Cay!" And, cue the endless calls, emails, and texts again to Jennifer! LOL! FINALLY, we rebooked for October 28, 2018! We knew it was the right decision and we didn't mind waiting for the perfect spot for us, Hawks Cay! We had to make some adjustments from our previous wedding plan, which I must admit I was a bit nervous about, but Jennifer assured me it would work out...and did it ever! The Friday before our wedding, we arrive at Hawks Cay and let me tell you, we felt like A-List celebrities walking onto the red carpet! Everyone knew us, everyone knew our story, and everyone was so thankful and appreciative that we were back! We had a sign in the lobby that said "Welcome Back Sara and Hunter! Happy Wedding Weekend!" We were greeted by the GM, Food and Beverage Director, Facilities Manager, Senior Director of Catering and Sales, and so many more staff that had heard our story! The crazy thing is...it wasn't just us that received such outstanding treatment, but every single one of our guests that felt the same way and received the same treatment! On October 28, 2018, we could not have even dreamed up a more perfect day! There was not one cloud in the sky, the weather had cooled down to a beautiful 73 degrees and there was a perfect breeze to keep everyone cool while dancing. Jennifer sent me a wonderful "Happy Wedding Day!" morning text, and the day just went perfectly from there on. My nerves were running high when Jennifer came to pick me up in the golf cart, but she was such a calming presence and I SOOOO needed that. I remember my dad and I getting ready to walk down the aisle and this wave of calmness just flowed over me. I look out at the ceremony and it was more than I could have ever imagined! There was not one detail left untouched, and I was stunned. On the Tranquility lawn overlooking Hawks Cay channel, my Husband and I said: "I DO!" We ate and danced the night away on Oasis Cay under a full moon and twinkling stars! The entire night was perfect, the food was delicious, the setup was incredible, the floating lantern send-off was beautiful! My guests cannot stop talking about our wedding! I have heard so many times from so many different guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to, and many plan on returning to Hawks Cay for vacations. Jennifer, her team, and the ENTIRE Hawks Cay staff went so far above and beyond! I have never experienced such incredible customer service. I am so proud to be able to say that we got married at Hawks Cay!!!! We will be back at least once a year to celebrate!

M
Monica Arroyo

Married on 06/14/2019

Very Happy Bride!!

This venue was beyond amazing for my ceremony and wedding! My guests are still raving about how beautiful the location was and how AMAZING the staff was! But I must say working with Ghislaine at hawks ... Read more cay was a blessing. She is patient, kind, and very willing to help in any way. She was our go to person at Hawks cay and she made my husband and I always feel comfortable and confident in our choices and decisions as well as providing position opinions. Ghislaine, thank you so much for EVERYTHING you did for us over the last year. You were always on top of everything, always available to speak with me through phone, text, or email. You were willing to help with last minute changes and execute them. We really cannot thank you enough, you made our day very special, and the staff at Hawks Cay is amazing and they were all such a pleasure and very professional. We can’t wait to visit hawks cay again and so can’t our guests! The ceremony was on the tranquility lawn and it was beautiful, quiet, and wonderful location. The reception and cocktail hour in the dolphin ballroom was perfect!!! I loved every aspect of it. Thank you again ghislaine!

T
Tricia D'Annunzio

Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Resort and Staff

Ghislaine and the rest of the team at Hawks Cay Resort really made our wedding one to remember! She was very responsive and helpful! She was there for whatever I needed throughout the entire process. ... Read more process. We are so glad that we chose Hawks Cay as our wedding venue!