Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat

Trego, WI · View map · Visit website

About Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat is a conference center wedding venue with private lake located in Trego, Wisconsin. Just two hours from downtown Minneapolis, the 700-acre property provides the perfect getaway location that isn’t too far away from home. This venue is ideal for the outdoors-loving couple who wants to celebrate their special day surrounded by nature’s beauty.

Facilities and Capacities
Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat has reception rooms that can host up to 292 guests. For those who are looking to take advantage of the scenic views, Heartwood Wedding Lawn is a stunning location for your outdoor ceremony. The green lawn leads to a private lake and dock that are beautiful photo backdrops. For those who would rather have an indoor wedding, the Eagle Lounge is a diverse two-level space that can be used for your ceremony or reception. The space has a unique country atmosphere with features including floor-to-ceiling windows and stone fireplaces. With access to a patio and deck, you can also take the celebration outside.

With all-inclusive packages available, Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat can provide everything you need for your big day from event planning to accommodations to in-house catering. The venue will take care of setup and clean up in your room of choice. Their stand out pet friendly policy will allow you to have your furry friends present for all of the festivities. Other services to consider include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • In-house bar
  • Liability insurance
  • Outside vendors
  • Parking
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine
Whether you choose a meal from their extensive menu or opt to create your own, Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat can prepare delicious cuisine for your wedding. From hors d’oeuvres to dessert, the venue will create every dish from start to finish. Various food and beverage items can be provided including:

• Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Accommodations
Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat has several lodges available for you and your guests to spend the night. Their cottages are ideal for those who are looking for a true lakeside getaway and can accommodate up to six people. For families and groups, Duplex Cabins offer one-of-a-kind accommodations that can host up to 14 guests. Their guest rooms are perfect for those who are looking for traditional and comfortable lodging. There are four styles of guest rooms available including:

• Standard guest rooms
  • Deluxe guest rooms
  • King suites
  • Jacuzzi suite

Other Services
Bartending services can also be provided. Couples can choose to have a cash or open bar. You and your guests can indulge in beverage options including a champagne toast, signature drinks, and premium liquor.

11 Reviews for Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat

11 Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat Reviews

S
S

Married on 07/29/2017

Simply the best! This venue offers all the best parts of a destination wedding without having to travel too far. We had our wedding here this past summer and we were absolutely blown away by this ... Read more venue!! The facilities are spacious and well kept, the grounds are beautiful and lush, and the planning assistance and services provided by Dana & Jennifer were phenomenal. I am a corporate event planner in the travel industry, and so I have pretty high standards when it comes to these services and Heartwood team did not disappoint! I could not recommend this venue more highly for a wedding group. We had the rehearsal dinner at the restaurant onsite, ceremony on the lawn by the lake, cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception in the downstairs ballroom. We had 192 guests and fit very comfortably in the space. Absolutely flawless. If you like the northwoods cabin vibe, but are also watching your budget, look no further. All our guests stayed on property and made it a big fun weekend trip. The best part was having time with both sides of our extended family together and getting to meet each other. Priceless memories! I could not have dreamed up a better way to tie the knot. I wish I could relive that weekend, and I know all brides say that, but honestly - Jennifer and her team at the Heartwood were SO helpful, organized and took care of so much for me. They were always friendly, kind and easy to work with. When I had questions or ideas come up during planning, Jennifer was always quick to reply and provided her suggestions and guidance to help us create a smooth and stress free event. She is very organized and took charge getting a "checklist" going and asking tons of questions well in advance so that no stone was unturned, no detail forgotten... Not to mention, the property and natural beauty there is absolutely stunning and the food was amazing! The food was honestly delicious. We had the flank steak, corn souffle, with alfredo pasta and summer salad... great value!

R
Rebecca

Married on 12/17/2016

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat exceeded every single expectation that I had for a wedding venue. I came across this gem, hidden the woods, completely by accident (or was it? ) and I am so ... Read more happy and blessed that we found it! From the moment we pulled in the drive, I realized this place was special. We had a December 17th wedding, but even in the late fall visit, I could tell this was going to be something beautifully special. Those feelings continued with our sales representative, Dana who walked us through all the options this gorgeous facility had to offer. We decided to book both levels, as we couldn't decide between the two! We had our ceremony downstairs, headed upstairs for our social hour and meal and then back downstairs for our dance. Everything magically transformed as we were in the middle of our guests. The downstairs ceremony room was beautiful in December late afternoon. The sunrise for our ceremony, a huge unexpected beautiful bonus! The event planner, Jennifer was amazing. She was quick to respond to any of my calls, emails and questions. Always courteous and knowledgeable and able to provide solutions to any of my concerns. From the moment we started the planning process, to the sad moment we left the resort after the wedding, she was there helping and offering her service. We brought in a lot of decorations and were stunned when the janitorial staff just offered to help us unload our vehicles and trailer. Another example of how courteous and helpful everyone at this facility was! The dining room staff was incredibly accommodating and personable. Every employee I encountered was friendly and made me feel like they sincerely were happy we were there. What an amazing feeling to be surrounded with so many friendly faces that welcomed us and treated us with such hospitality. The food was absolutely incredible. From our rehearsal dinner to the wedding dinner to the late hour snacks we served. Everything was impeccable. I had

User6890601

2+ years ago

Wow..... We just had our wedding at Heartwood , and we can not RAVE enough about all this AMAZING venue! We decided to spend the extra money to rent out both floors at Heartwood, and boy was ... Read more it worth it!! We also decided to come in a few days early before the wedding to host fun activities leading up to our big day. Because there was no other wedding there that weekend, our friends, families & guests basically had the entire venue to ourselves, which was so incredibly fun! Our family and friends were blown away by the location's beauty and Heartwood staff's friendliness, and they had so much fun with all the outdoor activities on the property on the days leading up to and after the wedding. People also loved staying at the houses, cabins and cottages, but they definitely booked up fast. While the venue was beautiful, the Heartwood staff were even better. First and foremost, Karla (the event planner) was absolutely on top of every detail and truly listened to what we were looking for. We were in contact early on with Karla and all that proactive communication really helped the day go so smoothly. On the day of the wedding, things went incredibly smoothly - despite a last minute change of indoor to outdoor ceremony. Further, the manager on call, catering staff, and front desk attendants were always willing to help answer questions or pitch in to help. They even surprised us by wrapping up an extra dinner and dessert for us after the wedding and putting it in our honeymoon suite. Overall, we cannot say enough about this venue and the staff. We can't wait to come back for years to come to celebrate our wedding anniversaries!!!