Heather Hughes Photography

Newport News, Virginia · View map

About Heather Hughes Photography

Heather Hughes Photography is an award-winning photographer with over 12 yrs. of experience located near Williamsburg, Virginia that specializes in wedding stories and capturing moments and portraits with a romantic style. Heather is passionate about telling her clients' unique story through genuine emotion and candid images. With a degree in photojournalism and a personalized approach, Heather Hughes Photography will go above and beyond to ensure your wedding exeprience is joyous, relaxed, and captured with timeless imagery you will enjoy for generations.

Weddings start at $3150 - Elopements at $1000
Heather Hughes is passionate about capturing essential milestones in people’s lives. The only area photographer with a degree in photojournalism and ALL 5 star reviews for 12+ years, Heather helps every step of the way so couples can relax and enjoy their day. In addition to capturing the wedding day, Heather also offers:

• Engagement
  • Trash the Dress
  • Boudoir
  • Same Day Edit
  • Fine Art Prints & Wall Art
  • High-End Albums & Design
  • Digital Files
  • Video Books

Her photos tell your unique story through personality, emotion, and timeless moments. On your special day, Heather will do everything she can to make it amazing.

Published nationally in newspapers, books America 24/7 & Virginia 24/7, TheKnot magazine, VOW, Hampton Roads Wedding Guide, Williamsburg Wedding Guide, and more. #hhpva

81 Reviews for Heather Hughes Photography

81 Heather Hughes Photography Reviews

John
John Trauernicht

Married on 06/01/2019

David and Emily Wedding - Williamsburg Va

Heather is truly amazing. Her attention to detail, technical expertise, and masterful orchestration are only surpassed by her artistry, compassion, and lovely personality. Even though it was a small, ... Read more intimate wedding, multiple shoot locations posed a logistical challenge. From initial planning through site previews to the day of the wedding, she covered everything. Over the course of the wedding and photo shoots, Heather smoothly orchestrated bride, groom, guests and even the restaurant staff! A gifted photographer with outstanding people skills, she is a truly exceptional person.

Robin
Robin Rose

Married on 01/06/2019

Emily and David Wedding - Williamsburg

Heather, I can’t tell you how happy we are with all of your efforts on our behalf. Your photos are just incredibly beautiful but you did so much more. You thought of things we didn’t know we should ... Read more think of (bobby pins) and captured images of everything. I loved seeing the photo of the sign at the market, Emily and Sofi (the dog), their rings on the pillow I made. You just didn’t miss anything and did it all with such artistry. We are all so impressed. I will never forget leaving to wash my hands before cutting the cake (assuming nobody else would serve it) and coming back to discover that you'd sent it off with the staff to have them cut it for us. For that and a million other things large and small we can’t thank you enough. When we started making plans last September I told Emily that the photos were in my estimation the most important thing. I believe I expressed those sentiments to you the first time we talked. Everything else about her wedding day will grow hazy over time but the images captured will always bring those memories to life. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Robin

Beth
Beth Carter

Married on 11/24/2018

Stress free wedding photography

Heather is amazing. She helped make our wedding day run seamlessly even with a torrential downpour and transportation mishaps. It was very important to me to be able to enjoy every minute of the day ... Read more with family and friends rather than focus solely on taking pictures. She captured incredible shots without taking away from the evening. She gave us a huge portfolio of pictures that we will treasure for years to come. She worked with us to ensure we got all of the specific shots we wanted. Despite all the chaos she never became flustered or stressed which helped ease my stress as well. I would hire her again and recommend her to anyone considering her for their wedding!!