Helping Hand Parties & Weddings

Madison, AL · View map · Visit website

About Helping Hand Parties & Weddings

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings is a professional wedding planning and coordinating company based in Huntsville, Alabama. It provides services throughout northern Alabama, including Huntsville, Madison, and Decatur, as well as destination weddings. The company strives to help couples design their wedding day events in a unique and memorable way. Erica Thimsen, a well-known event planner, is the company’s owner. They have been voted best planner in Alabama by Lux Life Magazine and Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Abroad.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings offers month of planning, partial planning, and full wedding planning, as well as destination wedding planning, in addition to referrals, timelines, and to-do lists. The company provides services for wedding ceremonies and receptions from beginning to end. They also offer friendly, professional staff to help with everything from the set up and serving to clean up. Helping Hand Parties serves different wedding types, including civil, cultural, religious, non-religious, eco-friendly, military, destination, and double weddings. The company offers the following additional services:

• Greeters
  • Hosts
  • Wait staff
  • Wedding book and gift table attendants

81 Reviews for Helping Hand Parties & Weddings

81 Helping Hand Parties & Weddings Reviews

J
Featured
Jennifer

Married on 09/22/2018

Erica and her team are the BEST! There are people that might tell you "Oh, you don't need a wedding director/planner" but I knew planning our Daughter's wedding and the dream that she had for her day ... Read more you needed help to make it a reality. I'm so glad we found Erica!! Erica helped us every step of the way, with EVERYTHING!! She explained in detail every month what had to be done leading up to the very day of her wedding, so that you didn't miss or forget ANYTHING!! She and Lynn kept everything running smoothly the day of the wedding so that my daughter & I was stress free from the worries of vendors & the timing of the rain so we just got to enjoy the special day that it was. All the awards that you see that she has received is so deserving!! So, if you need a director/planner Erica with Helping Hands Parties is the BEST of the BEST!! Jennifer MOB

T
Tracy

Married on 06/08/2019

Erica at Helping Hand Parties and Wedding is awesome - could not have pulled off my daughter's wedding without her!

Working with Erica Thimsen at Helping Hand Parties and Weddings was one of the best parts of planning my daughter's wedding. All of the vendors she recommended were truly professional, easy to work ... Read more with, and did an awesome job! We hired Erica for the "month of" plan, and we could not have pulled off that last month without her help. She thought of the tiniest details to make sure our day went smoothly and as stress free as possible. As unbelievable as this sounds, as the mom of the bride I had a fun day the day of the wedding with few worries and had a great time at the wedding and reception. My daughter and her husband had the wedding of their dreams due to Erica's diligence in working so closely with them to figure out exactly what they wanted. Erica seemed to be everywhere taking care of everything! Erica is very organized, talented, and knows how to plan the perfect wedding! The best part was that she was available whenever I had questions. I would text or email her extremely early in the morning or late at night to which she would respond almost immediately. Erica has received numerous awards - all well deserved! We are truly grateful to have worked with such a phenomenal person!

L
Leah

Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful experience with Helping Hands!

I worked with Lynn from Helping Hands for my wedding and had a wonderful experience! Lynn is very calm under the chaos of wedding planning, which is a nice contrast to my somewhat all over the place ... Read more personality. She went out of her way to help above and beyond whenever possible. She picked up and brought my wedding cake to the venue to avoid delivery fees and drove over an hour back to the venue to get my wedding dress preserved the next day. In addition to these minor details, Lynn took charge of every last detail I envisioned to make sure my dream day came to reality! Due to her planning and expertise, my wedding day went off without any complications and was perfect in every way.