Hidden Lake Winery

Aviston, IL · View map

About Hidden Lake Winery

Visit Hidden Lake Winery for an experience unlike any other.

Welcome! Hidden Lake Winery and Banquet Center, located in rural Aviston, IL.

We have banquet venues to please parties up to 500 guests. Our elegant Champagne Hall hold ups to 500 guests with a balcony overlooking the venue. The Estate is a great venue for parties of 150 or less this intimate location has breathtaking view with the two stories of windows overlooking the property. We have 3 outdoor ceremony sites including our Majestic Falls with a cascading waterfall situated next to one of the two lakes on the property.

Our winemaking began in 2004 and is influenced by the German heritage of the farming families who settled this part of Illinois. We have been told of several wineries that flourished here prior to the Prohibition. Zuckerbach vineyard supplies grapes to Hidden Lake Winery and is located on property once farmed by the owner’s father. Zuckerbach (“Sugar Creek” in German) is named for a local creek that passes through the county.

At Hidden Lake Winery, our goal is to offer a variety of wines that will satisfy many different palates. Our wines are produced with locally-grown fruit and bottled here in our cellar. Guests can enjoy a glass of wine (or other beverage if desired) in a tranquil setting with old friends, or perhaps with new ones.

22 Reviews for Hidden Lake Winery

22 Hidden Lake Winery Reviews

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Venue & the Best Team!

Once I stepped foot on Hidden Lake Winery I knew it was where I was getting married. They have multiple locations to choose from for your ceremony and reception so we were able to have the wedding of ... Read more our dreams! Working with Ashley was super easy and she was always quick to respond to my (many) emails. She explained everything that was included in the package - which is a STEAL compared to other venues, especially those in St Louis - and allowed lots of flexibility for us to customize things like menu, bar, and decor. The staff was PERFECT the day before and the day of. We decorated ourselves and I was stressing about getting everything done in time. The day before, they already had all the tables set up and all the extras we needed in our reception hall so we were able to start decorating ASAP. The day of the staff was super attentive. Bar and appetizers were ready to go after the ceremony and the buffet line was flawless. They broke down our family table that sat in the middle of the dance floor quickly so that we could keep the night moving. And at the end of the night they helped gather our decor in one spot so it was easy for our wedding party to grab and pack up. I cannot recommend Ashley and Hidden Lake Winey enough!

User4891883

2+ years ago

Have no had the wedding yet but went and saw this place and is amazingly beautiful. Ask for Amy Peterson, shes awesome! Can't wait for my wedding to be here! Read more Have no had the wedding yet but went and saw this place and is amazingly beautiful. Ask for Amy Peterson, shes awesome! Can't wait for my wedding to be here!

M
Michelle

Married on 11/29/2014

Ashley was very flexible and accommodating. It is a beautiful venue and was just as I wanted it to be. Read more Ashley was very flexible and accommodating. It is a beautiful venue and was just as I wanted it to be.