Historic Rucker Place

Birmingham, AL · View map · Visit website

About Historic Rucker Place

Historic Rucker Place, a historic wedding venue located in Birmingham, Alabama, is hundred year old mansion that highlights unique architectural designs, giving it an elegant and sophisticated ambiance. Its multiple event spaces can cater to many events such as wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and more. It also provides in-house catering, alcohol, and a florist.

Facilities and Capacity
Historic Rucker Place can host up to 300 guests. Its spacious living room, with high ceilings and glass windows, will surely captivate you and your guests. Also, its Wisteria Room, an ancient and elegant house with wood floorings and railings, serves as a great space for wedding buffet.

Historic Rucker Place offers many wedding services. These services includes:

• In-house catering
  • In-house bar
  • Altar/archers

Cuisine
Savoie Catering is the partner and exclusive caterer of Historic Rucker Place. They provide custom-designed menus to accommodate the couple's needs and tastes. Additionally, they can provide various serving styles such as buffet, stations, plated, and more.

History
Historic Rucker Place was built in 1900 by a civil war veteran. For the first half of the 20th century, the historic house served as a family home of General Edmund Winchester Rucker. Jack and Gail purchased the house in the fall of 2002 and completely renovated it to serve as a premier event space. Historic Rucker Place debuted in the spring of 2003, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places today.

21 Reviews for Historic Rucker Place

21 Historic Rucker Place Reviews

Lindsey
Lindsey

Married on 05/17/2019

Perfect Day

Paula and the entire team at Rucker Place made my entire day run so smoothly. I could not have asked for anything better! The venue offers so much to assist with planning. I highly recommend! Read more Paula and the entire team at Rucker Place made my entire day run so smoothly. I could not have asked for anything better! The venue offers so much to assist with planning. I highly recommend!!

L
Lillian

Married on 04/28/2018

We could not have been more thrilled with how our reception at Rucker Place went! Paula was an angel during the months (and months) of planning. She even stepped in to help me when another vendor was ... Read more giving me major issues! Paula and everyone at Rucker make you feel so special, even before your big day! If there were any issues that cane up or anything that didn’t go according to plan, I sure didn’t learn about it- which is exactly how it should be!! I loved that choosing Rucker Place meant my florist and caterer were chosen for me- fewer decisions for a bride to make is always a win in my book! LSL Event Design did a phenomenal job (Laure is the BEST!) and Savoie’s Catering was on my top caterer’s list before I got married (and we are still hearing about how delicious the food was!). My sister-in-law said that if she was from Birmingham and had a Birmingham wedding, she would have chosen Rucker Place. The charm cannot be beat! THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR SPECIAL DAY THE BEST ONE!!

K
Katelyn

Married on 06/24/2017

We absolutely loved everyone at Rucker Place! They were so easy to work with! We couldn't do have asked for a better venue to host our reception! Read more We absolutely loved everyone at Rucker Place! They were so easy to work with! We couldn't do have asked for a better venue to host our reception!