Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge

Hope, AK · View map

About Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge

Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge is a rustic outdoor wedding venue located in the stunning surroundings of Hope, Alaska. This venue sits on beautiful Bear Creek where couples can say their vows on the banks, surrounded by spectacular natural landscapes. Couples and their guests can enjoy a respite from the busyness of everyday life in this remote location that provides an idyllic backdrop for any celebration.

Facilities and Capacity

Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge gives couples the freedom to create their own outdoor wedding vision within the property. The venue can provide chairs, tables, and tent rentals to create a covered reception area. Alternatively, couples can choose to embrace the outdoors and host their wedding event under the stars. During winter months, the large pond at Bear Creek Lodge freezes over, giving couples the option to say their vows on the ice. The venue can cater for weddings year-round, having over 100 white umbrellas on standby to rescue your guests from a rogue rain shower, should one occur.

In addition to its beautiful natural location, this venue also offers eight charming log cabins to house your guests during your event. Each cabin features a wood-burning stove and rustic décor, providing a cozy and relaxed environment to rest after the festivities. Ample parking is provided on site for the convenience of your guests.

Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge provides a full catering service from their on-site restaurant, The Dirty Skillet. This caterer provides premium American cuisine and can work with you to create your perfect menu for the special day. The Dirty Skillet also provides full bar service for your event, offering specialty beer and wine, champagne toasts, and more. The venue can supply an extensive array of local wedding vendors on request including photographers, Djs, officiants, and more. Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge offers a range of event rentals to complete your day. These include:

• Chairs

5 Hope Alaska's Bear Creek Lodge Reviews

R
Ruth Beszjak

Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect place for a small, rustic wedding

I'm so glad we found Bear Creek Lodge. We wanted a small wedding away from the big city, and I am all about the photos. Every. Single. Shot turned out amazing! Even the super sweet little details, ... Read more like the tree faces, the handmade boat on the pond, and the antique wagon wheels that made the perfect backdrop for my wedding dress. I can't recommend Bear Creek Lodge enough!

A
Amy & Ryan

Married on 05/04/2019

Winter weddings are the best

I didn't know you could get married in the winter in Alaska, but Bear Creek Lodge made it happen so beautifully. We had a short ceremony near the pond, then we all sat around a giant fire near the ... Read more creek that was still slightly running. It was so beautiful the way our entire family and friends shared in our special day. The lodge owner, Jeannine, is amazing to work with. She answered every question, and she even did the cake cutting (which was no small feat, considering it was my mom's homemade 5 layer cake!).

Tahlia
Tahlia Kromers

Married on 04/06/2019

Small town charm

You simply don't get any more 'Alaskan' than Bear Creek Lodge. My family stayed in all the cabins, and they still talk about it today. We had the ceremony by the creek over the little foot bridge. Our ... Read more video and photos look like something out of Narnia. Magical! I loved working with the lodge staff. They were patient with all my questions, and they even provided a small bottle of wine for each guest in the cabins! I loved every little detail. My wedding was perfect. I only regret that I can't get married again to have it at Bear Creek once again. Can you do one-year anniversaries at the lodge and renew your vows each year? :)