Horizon Convention Center

Muncie, IN · View map · Visit website

About Horizon Convention Center

Horizon Convention Center is a wedding venue located in the heart of Muncie, Indiana. The banquet style venue provides each couple with the most elegant setting and romantic ambiance for their wedding or glamourous celebratory event. The center’s professional and dedicated staff can assist every couple the planning of their beautiful wedding, ensuring all desires and requirements are met with no small detail is overlooked.

Facilities and Capacity

The Horizon Convention Center provides an array of stunning rooms that can host both small intimate weddings and large luxurious gatherings. Each room has been renovated to give each couple a beautiful blank canvas to decorate and create their picturesque wedding. The center’s three ballrooms can accommodate a number of guests in a variety of layouts. The smallest ballroom can host up to 250 guests, with the largest holding up to 900 guests. Each ballroom also includes additional space for a head of table or dance floor. When hosting a wedding ceremony or reception the center, every couple will be given an additional room for no extra cost for their rehearsal dinner. For more smaller and tranquil celebrations, the center also offers many rooms that can hold between 40 and 96 of each couple's closest friends and family.

Each couple is offered a range of events and rental packages to make their planning process as stress-free and as easy as possible. The center’s platinum ceremony package includes a stage, arch, special lighting, microphones, chairs, chair covers, silver floor candelabras, decorated columns, and more. Additional decoration packages can include tables, champagne flutes, dance floor, cake tables, vintage street lamps, ice sculptures, linens, mirrors, audio equipment, tents, and more. For more information regarding services, every couple can contact the center’s committed event planners to discuss event options and planning advice.

Catering and Bar Services

The Horizon Convention Center offers many bar and cuisine options for all types of events, including custom catering menus and consultations. Although the center's catering menu provides a variety of flavors to suit each couple’s preferred taste, their executive chef can work with every couple to create a custom menu perfect for their wedding or special occasion. Bar services offered include many types of premium liquors, cocktails, beer, wine, and more. Additionally, the center offers both open bar and cash bar options.

11 Reviews for Horizon Convention Center

11 Horizon Convention Center Reviews

B
Bridgette

Married on 07/23/2016

They were awesome! My event ran so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything! The food was amazing! Read more They were awesome! My event ran so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything! The food was amazing!

User4459029

2+ years ago

We decided to book the Horizon Convention Center because of all of the options they had availiable and because of the enthusiasm of our coordinator, Amy Deweese. First off, the HCC offered an amazing ... Read more room with twinkle lights that I could not pass up! The large Delaware Room was perfect for hosting our ceremony and reception in one room. The decorations were beautiful, thanks to Amy and her team. I went in not really knowing what I actually wanted as the theme, decorations, styling, and just about everything else that goes into a wedding. Amy was so supportive and she offered great suggestions that turned out to be exactly what I wanted! Amy was great to work with! I don't think I was very bridezilla and she was the perfect support system for me. I didn't know much about what I wanted and she did a great job helping me plan the most amazing event ever. Our day was perfect. There wasn't an issue that we were made aware of - hopefully there were no issues but that was a great part of the HCC, they would fix anything that may have come up. The food was amazing, the decorations were perfect and all of our guests were wowed by the whole event. With Amy and the HCC team my husband and I were actually able to completely enjoy our wedding. We dances, we mingled and we enjoyed every minute of it without worrying that things weren't getting done, or that something was going to go wrong. HCC may be a little on the high-end for Muncie weddings but we think that was is provided is beyond worth it. Our family didn't have to set up anything, buy or create any decorations, and no one had to clean the place up afterwards. It was a wedding everyone was able to enjoy and no one was needed to take care of anything. It was perfect! We highly recommend this for any event, but especially weddings.

B
Brittany

Married on 05/02/2015

Amy was our planner and everything was amazing! Everything is included depending which package you get. Our room was beautiful and everything looked exactly as I imagined it would! It was beautiful ... Read more and everyone was so helpful throughout the whole process.