Hotel El Convento

San Juan, PR · View map · Visit website

About Hotel El Convento

Hotel El Convento — located in the San Juan, Puerto Rico region — is a unique hotel and wedding event venue that offers new standards for luxury, comfort, and service while maintaining its rich and historic value. Just across the street from the San Juan Bautista Cathedral and walking distance from Castillo San Felipe del Morro, this venue is a perfect location for gorgeous scenery and memorable wedding photography.

Facilities and Capacity

Hotel El Convento offers a number of different spaces for you to make your wedding day what you’ve always imagined: Salon Campeche has a maximum capacity of 200 guests for a sit-down dinner, and it includes marble black and white floors, a majestic 50-foot vaulted ceiling, a colorful mural, and antique stained glass windows; Salon Martorell, designed by Puerto Rican artist Antonio Martorell, is a gem of creativity that honors those of faith and literature in gorgeous emblems, and it offers a maximum capacity of 40 guests for a sit-down dinner; finally, The Interior Courtyard is the perfect location for ceremonies and cocktails, surrounded by tropical foliage and a 100-year old Nispero tree.

Hotel El Convento provides services for wedding ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, and engagement parties. The venue also offers a number of rental items in the starting site fee, including tables, chairs, linens, glassware, and flatware. The staff will also provide setup and cleanup of these rental items. Hotel El Convento also provides event planning services as well as luxurious guest accommodations.

Cuisine

Hotel El Convento provides delicious menu items should you decide to hire catering service. From exquisite entrees and appetizers to chef special hors d’oeuvres and desserts, they feature an innovative catering menu fit for all special occasions. You and your guests may enjoy cocktails and conversation while dining on delicious pre-selected menu options. Enjoy an array of exceptional soups, salads, chef special entrees, and side dishes. An innovative and creative beverage and cocktail menu will also be a nice fit for your occasion.

112 Reviews for Hotel El Convento

112 Hotel El Convento Reviews

Renee
Featured
Renee Perez

Married on 05/19/2019

Heaven on Earth

Words will never be enough to describe how amazing our experience was at El Convento. This stunning location will forever be in my heart as one of my favorite places on Earth. Every last detail about ... Read more about El Convento blew us away. Our ceremony was stunning and so many of our guests commented how they have never seen a place with so much charm and elegance. The service was hands down the most spectacular of our lives. The servers kept our tables immaculate the entire night. They provided a 5 start fine dining experience. And my husband and I had our own server who made sure that we enjoyed food and drinks throughout the night. And of course, Ely was a true professional and made the planning process so smooth and easy for us.

Ayesha
Ayesha E. Huertas

Married on 06/23/2019

The wedding of our dreams

We visited El Convento several times before even getting engaged and were always blown away by its special character and beauty. From the first time we called Ely Rivera to discuss having our wedding ... Read more there, she made us confident that the hotel could work with our budget and wishes to create a magical day. El Convento delivered! The entire team, from the bellmen to the wedding coordinator, was kind and professional. Our guests had an incredible time and so did we. All of the rooms were comfortable and lovely. The food was absolutely top notch, the presentation was gourmet and the flavor delicious. Ely worked with us on the bar/liquor to accommodate our budget - we couldn't have been happier with the final result. We highly recommend doing your wedding at El Convento, they will make the process easy, will help along the way with recommendations for other vendors and will execute your vision. They truly are a great team. Ely, Jorge, Sandra, Karla, Orby, Edwin, Frank, Caroline, Javier and many more who made this happen thank you from the bottom of our hearts, it was the best day of our lives. We can't wait to come back and visit El Convento. Ayesha and Marcus

N
Nathalie

Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing venue and service!

I was suggested Hotel El Convento by my wedding planner Maria Lugo after understanding our vision for our wedding. Since I live in the DC area, I booked this venue sight unseen and relied on purely ... Read more internet photos and on the expertise of my wedding planner. For those who are looking to do things the way I did, please know that the pictures of El Convento on the internet just do not do it full justice. This place is absolutely breath taking and the salon Campeche which is the room where we held the reception is truly out of a magazine! I was partnered up with Tary Jordan which was our hotel coordinator and she was amazing. Throughout the year of our planning, she was extremely responsive, attended each of my emails , and called me back to ensure any of my doubts or questions were answered! She was such a pleasure to work with and strongly suggest that you request to work with her if you have the chance! The service though out the night of the reception was above 5 stars! All of my guests were so impressed on how attentive the staff was and how well everyone was taken care of! This place has everything you can possibly desire in a wedding, 100% recommend!