Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton

San Diego, CA · View map · Visit website

About Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton is a full-service hotel and wedding venue located in San Diego, California. This venue features over 14,000 square feet of event space, a professional staff, modern equipment, and an elegant and welcoming atmosphere.

Facilities and Capacity

The hotel offers several different indoor and outdoor areas to host your special day. Couples can say their vows on the lush Karlan Lawn, where they can enjoy palm trees, a scenic lake backdrop, and a new pergola. This space can accommodate up to 200 guests. If your event is more intimate, you can head to the Fairbanks Ranch Patio, which provides memorable property views above the garden and lake. The patio area allows for up to 60 of your loved ones. For the grandest of affairs, couples can choose the sophisticated Carmel Highlands Ballroom, with room for 450 people.

Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton can host a variety of wedding-related events, including engagement parties, showers, elopements, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. The hotel’s expert wedding coordinators delight in assisting with the details of the couple's big day, ensuring that their dream wedding is brought to life. They know that getting married is a truly special event, and they aim to make your experience as seamless as possible. Various wedding packages are at your disposal, suiting a range of budgets and needs. When holding your celebration here, you can also avail of the following wedding services and items:

• Getting ready rooms
  • Liability insurance
  • Lighting/sound
  • Parking and valet
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Wheelchair access
  • Altar/arch
  • Dance floor
  • Tables, chairs, and chair covers

Cuisine

This venue provides you and your loved ones with a delicious wedding meal with international cuisine options to make your celebration all the more special. Available catering services include buffets, cocktail receptions, hors d’oeuvres, plated service, stations, and others. Couples can opt for either a cash or an open bar for their event and can also enjoy the hotel’s numerous bar services:

• Bartender(s)
  • Champagne toast
  • House beer, liquor, and wine
  • Premium liquor
  • Signature drink

Accommodation

At the end of your reception, you can get some well-deserved rest in the venue’s stylish guest rooms and suites. Here, couples and their guests will have access to amenities designed to maximize their comfort. Rooms feature mini-fridges, coffeemakers, high-definition televisions, and much more. In addition, the hotel boasts a 24-hour fitness center, a heated outdoor pool, numerous on-site dining options, and a 24-hour market.

5 Reviews for Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton

5 Hotel Karlan San Diego - a DoubleTree by Hilton Reviews

Frank
Frank Ciurleo

Getting married on 03/04/2021

The Marriage of Our Son and His Beautiful Wife

You will enjoy an Event that will leave you with never ending beautiful memories... My wife and I so happy we chose the Hotel Karlan to celebrate our Son's wedding to his beautiful wife... We also ... Read more chose the Hotel Karlan Lawn for the ceremony and Happy we couldn't have been Happier

Jennifer
Jennifer

Married on 09/07/2019

Madison is the best!

We were looking for a venue that allowed us to book the ceremony only since our reception was held at another venue and Hotel Karlan was one of the most affordable and accommodating venue we could ... Read more find in San Diego that also included the chairs. Madison, the event manager, was super responsive, detailed, and very friendly. She was very prompt in answering all my questions. Also, she was also on top of deadline reminders which I appreciated so much since I was already swamped with so many wedding preparations. During rehearsal, she was also super helpful in guiding us through the ceremonial process alongside our day of coordinators. The ceremony site itself is quite nice on an open lawn and very large "arch". The ceremony only package itself includes a large number of chairs and a large ready room. The only downside was that there wasn't much shade to protect our guests from the hot summer sun, but we took care of that with umbrella rentals. Overall, a very satisfied experience with Hotel Karlan.

S
Steffanie

Married on 11/11/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Hotel Karlan for wedding planning and decor back in November 2017. My experience was absolutely phenomenal! Once I arrived to set up the decor, a member of the ... Read more catering team greeted me and asked if there was anything that I needed. The members also checked in with me periodically before the event started. Once the wedding began, I was assigned a banquet manager that made sure everything was up to my standards as well as the bride's standards. Before the staff retired for the night, they checked in with myself and the bride! I would have to say this was one of the best experiences that I have had at a venue. Hotel Karlan was more than accomodating to Blush Moments. I hope we get to work with them again in the near future! Steffanie Singh, Owner Blush Moments, LLC - Ethnic Wedding Planning & Design 760-783-5604 (Main) www.blushmomentsllc.com