Hulbert Outdoor Center

Fairlee, VT · View map · Visit website

About Hulbert Outdoor Center

Hulbert Outdoor Center is a scenic waterfront wedding venue in Fairlee, Vermont that accommodates adventurous and outside-the-box couples. Nestled amidst lush wilderness, this venue provides a relaxing atmosphere reminiscent of summer camp, but with a touch of romance. The beautiful location and the friendly and professional staff will ensure you and your guests have the experience of a lifetime.

Facilities and Capacity
Hulbert Outdoor Center features indoor and outdoor event spaces that can host between 50 and 300 people depending on the options you choose. The center has a main hall as well as a rustic historic barn that boasts a field stone fireplace, gorgeous hardwood flooring, and a stage for entertaining. The Main Hall can seat up to 150 guests, while the barn can seat up to 200 people. Tents are available for outdoor functions if desired, or you can hold your wedding function underneath the stars. There is also WiFi and plenty of parking available, and the property is wheelchair accessible. The property also features recreational activities such as:

• 9-hole frisbee golf course
  • Archery
  • Canoeing
  • Climb tower
  • High ropes course
  • Paddle boarding
  • Swimming
  • Yoga

Along with their beautiful event spaces, Hulbert Outdoor Center has dedicated event planners to assist you with all the details of your big day. Set up and clean up for your event is also available so you can relax and fully enjoy your experience. If you need lighting and sound, their experienced staff will ensure everything looks and sounds amazing. They also have several event items to choose from, some of which include:

• Barware
  • Chairs
  • China
  • Dance floor
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Lighting

Cuisine
Whether you desire hors d’oeuvres, a buffet, dessert, or a cocktail reception, the Hulbert Outdoor Center can accommodate your needs and create a menu that will satisfy most any taste and budget. Tastings are available so you can feel confident in your selections. Servers can be provided to take care of your every need. Cake from your favorite bakery is welcome, and you may bring whatever alcohol you wish to serve.

Accommodations
Hulbert Outdoor Center boasts six cozy, winterized cabins with four bedrooms and two baths. There are also several rustic open-air cabins without heat or electricity for increased living space for up to 250 people during warmer months.

8 Reviews for Hulbert Outdoor Center

8 Hulbert Outdoor Center Reviews

Susannah
Featured
Susannah

Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent Venue for a Camp/Rustic Wedding

If you are looking for a rustic and/or camp themed wedding venue that is reasonably priced then look no further. The staff at HOC are friendly and accommodating. Once you book with Hulbert, they will ... Read more work with you to transform the space to how you want it to be and will try their hardest to meet all of your requests. When we told them we wanted a talent show in the barn on Friday night, they brought in couches and comfy chairs for people to sit in and they completely transformed the space for us. Ross, the wedding coordinator, is amazing at what he does. He cares deeply about ensuring that your vision comes to life and is easy and fun to talk to. He helps make wedding planning fun! Given the beautiful location of the venue and all of the things that come with it, Hulbert is shockingly affordable. There are no hidden costs, and they have a great selection of event items (dinnerware, table linens, lighting, etc.) that come at an unbeatable price. Finally, it is just super fun to go to a wedding where you can shoot archery and go boating! Aside from hosting our wedding here, we have also attended several wedding here, and they have all been an absolute blast. So if you are looking for a reasonably priced venue with good views, good food, an amazing staff, and a good time, look no further! Choose Hulbert!

A
Audrey Kaplan

Married on 08/31/2019

Labor Day Wedding Weekend 2019

What a blast we all had this Labor Day for my daughter’s wedding weekend! Ross, you and your staff, specifically Helen and John (in the kitchen), were so very helpful, kind, patient, professional and ... Read more and generous. And happy! It was all smiles, all the time! All of the other staff were great as well, I just didn’t get all the names. Everyone had fun in the water, the ropes course, the fields. Whatever they chose to do, all had a fabulous (and safe) time. I continue to get compliments, with so many people saying it was the very best wedding they’ve ever been to: Relaxed, fun, magical and delicious! The breakfast and lunches were tasty and plentiful – just fabulous! While I didn’t have anything to do with the planning, and as the mother of the bride, I was certainly a nudge (I couldn’t help myself) . Yet you made me feel welcome, heard and important. Any anxiety's I had (there were many) were all squelched, I work four hours south of you at an elegant venue that hosts many events, including weddings, which has set the bar very high for me for attention to detail and excellence. You have surpassed the standards I’m used to! Truthfully, I am not a camper. My personal version of camping involves room service and a hotel, so I had no idea what to expect from “A Camp.” Well, my advance fears of bugs and heat and super-rustic everything were so unfounded. It was absolutely wonderful. Many, many thanks for making our daughter’s wedding a most memorable day, night, weekend. I have heard from many of our guests who all agree. There’s talk of a possible family reunion at the camp!

K
kelly

Married on 09/08/2018

We loved Our Camp Wedding weekend!

Wow wow wow! We had the most amazing wedding weekend at Hulbert! Everything was just perfect! Being at Hulbert all weekend was so great and everyone could not stop raving about the beautiful venue ... Read more and setting! The kitchen and staff did an amazing job seeing to our every need! The food was amazing all weekend and everyone was so attentive! We could not have picked a more perfect place to celebrate our wedding and are so excited we chose Hulbert! The scenery was unreal and there were fun activities for everyone to enjoy! Our guests loved staying in the cabins all weekend, and we loved having our Camp wedding weekend with everyone! . Jason and Ross were so helpful every step of the way and they executed the best weekend!! We had the most amazing wedding weekend!!!