Hyer Images Photography

Johns Island, SC · View map

About Hyer Images Photography

Billy and Rachel Hyer are a young, married couple living in Charleston, SC. They come alive photographing people's special moments and enjoying God's beautiful world together. In 2007, the two met while attending Hallmark Institute of Photography. Since then, their love for photography and each other has grown and they were married in September 2009. The Hyers specialize in photographing with a unique style of digital, commercial wedding photography and lifestyle photography.

32 Reviews for Hyer Images Photography

32 Hyer Images Photography Reviews

E
Erin

Married on 05/20/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Hyer Imaging for my wedding on May 20 at Saint John the Baptist Cathedral and the Thomas Bennett House. My husband, family, wedding party, and I loved working with ... Read more Mr. and Mrs. Hyer. They were both very prompt, organized, creative, and hard working. It was very apparent to everyone that they love what they do and feel very comfortable, confident in their roles. Both my husband and I were very relaxed in front of the camera and had fun with Mr. Hyer during a private session around Charleston before heading to the reception. I had a conversation with them before our big day and had sent them photos of other weddings they had shot and photos of weddings I found on social media; I told them “I like these photos and would love to recreate them”. But instead of they encouraged us instead to be ourselves, relax, don’t overthink, and create our own unique shots. I really appreciated their honesty. I also really appreciated it when they told me to let them be creative, study the light, and shoot what they thought best represented the emotion in the room versus trying to recreate something that someone else shot. It was a sign of a very confident, capable team to let them take the reins behind the camera, and I know the shots they were able to capture will illustrate that.

Allyson
Allyson

Married on 11/26/2016

Wonderful photographers and such nice people! My husband and I loved working with Billy and Rachel Hyer for both our engagement photo session and our wedding day. They were easy going and helped us ... Read more feel at ease (which can be hard when people are taking a million photos of you)! I will hire them again and again throughout my life when I need a photo shoot for anything! After the wedding day was over, they felt more like our friends than our photographers.

A
Amy

Married on 09/10/2016

Billy and Rachel are the best wedding photographers in Charleston! We used them for an engagement photo session, a bridal portrait session, and our wedding day. We wanted slightly artsy photos for the ... Read more portrait sessions, and they definitely delivered with choice of backdrop, lighting, camera angles, and advice on posing. Having professional photos taken can be awkward and unnatural, but Billy and Rachel help make the couple feel relaxed and comfortable. And the photos look like they came out of a magazine! The Hyers were incredibly responsive and professional, and we cannot recommend them enough!